October 12

Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    I've been a
    MFP member since August 12, 2013. I was a Weight Watchers member back then, had been since Jan 2003. Despite becoming Lifetime in June 2003 (reached 128 lbs having lost 20 lbs in that time) I continued going to meetings and counting Points. I couldn't sustain 128 lbs, which I was all right with--I fluctuated pretty much between 132 and 138. I liked the points system back when the points were determined by CALORIES, fat, and fiber. But then at some point WW changed it so that calories were no longer in the equation and I found my weight was hovering more in the 138-141 range. 141 is the top weight in the healthy weight range for my height. So in 2013 at 141 lbs I said enough is enough and I joined MFP in order to be able to count calories. I continued going to WW meetings until early 2015 when I finally quit WW for good.

Besides going to WW meetings, in 2005 I started to use the WW message boards, specifically a thread called the Binge Enders Challenge. Then in 2006 I started my own thread, the 10 Cent Healthy Habits Challenge. In Aug 2016 we moved the group from WW to MFP. This is the group's description:

"This is a thread that was first established on the Weight Watchers message boards in 2006 until WW eliminated their message boards end of July/beginning Aug 2016. We earn "dimes" by following our Healthy Habits and then when our dimes add up we buy ourselves something special as a reward for our good efforts. Earning and spending the dimes is a fun way to stay on track, but the real reward is the support and encouragement we give each other as we get closer and closer to our weight loss goals."

We are a small group of 14 members, but really only 10 of us post either on a daily basis or at least check in about once a week. I post there at least once a day. :blush:

I go through phases where I do really well tracking my food in MFP but other times I don't do so well at all. The reason I joined UAC in September was to give me more accountability so that I could start making tracking one of my Healthy Habits that I actually follow on a regular basis again. It has been working! :smiley:

I love the idea of this 10 Cent Healthy Habits Challenge! I did a MFP Community search but can’t find it — could you share info on how to find and join it?

Thanks!
    Julie
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    October 12
    ✅✅✅
    Exercise today was another strength workout (Upper Body B: DB Rows, DB Overhead Press, DB Bicep Curls)

My foot is feeling a lot better but is not 100% yet. I've had tennis elbow before and it was a bear to get rid of, this is so much like that.

I found out today I will need to have a surgery performed in the next week or so that may keep me sidelined from walking/running anyway (not the foot). Been feeling a little weird simply due to that knowledge. No one word comes to mind, I'm just "not happy" about it. So making myself feel better by trying to be happy about it. It has at least brought an inner chuckle and smile.

I am sorry about the upcoming surgery. It is okay to let yourself feel disappointed - I know I would be. 🥰 You are in terrific physical shape so my hope for you is that outcomes and healing will be full and quick. Take good care if yourself.

Julie
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    I have almost all my auto posts disabled. I post my streaks when I remember, usually every 25 days.

Thanjs @Mrs_Hoffer and @TerriRichardson112 — I had no idea there was a place to control all this posting and sharing! Found the place for those settings snd have turned it off. I now resolve to only cheer people on their anniversaries of 25 days!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes

It appears I joined in 2014. I have been most consistent since joining the UAC group. I appreciate the site for the information I find in the community threads. I track my food and exercise on different sites.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your surgery @WhatMeRunning !!

Yes, yes, and yes for today. I treated myself to a dance workout, which I assumed would be light and breezy. Joke was on me as I could barely keep up, but I had a blast!
    This time around I've been on mfp since 2018. I think in total, it's been 6 years.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Best of luck @WhatMeRunning!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    October 12, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (11 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? Yes (7 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »

I found out quickly that MFP has lots of trolling “friend” requests which I just ignore unless the person tells me how they know me or why they want to connect. I am happy to be friends with more UAC folk — just mention UAC in the body of the friend request. 🥰

Julie
    I get the same wired friend's request. I ignore them or decline. Please mention UAC in your request.