October 14

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    46354-Keep-Calm-The-Holidays-Are-Coming.jpg

Most people feel a lot of stress and anxiety during this time of year. It's also a time when some lose some track of their diet and fitness (intentional or otherwise). The reasons for the stress, anxiety, and setbacks in diet and exercise are almost countless. It's really all a perfect setup for all of those New Year New You ads and sales starting right after yet another traditional holiday splurge-a-thon where we all make our resolutions to ditch the Santa outfits and get that beach bod going! 🤣 (Sorry, may have had a bit of fun there, when really this is all quite tragic for some and not fun at all).

I have always found it easiest to navigate this time of year when I focus on managing my stress and anxiety levels. It helps me make clearer decisions. Sometimes that decision may be to take a "pass day", but at least I was a lot more thoughtful about it and am less prone to let that one choice become a "season of pass days". So I'll start by sharing this advice for dealing with stress and anxiety which to me seems like solid pointers. But I also know that this amazing bunch right here probably has a few fantastic ideas of their own!

So what are your holiday plans in regards to diet and fitness? Do you have any pointers to share with your fellow UAC members to help them as they head into "the most wonderful time of the year"?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    jjjcat wrote: »
    October 14 (wedding anniversary for us)

Exercise: Yes - 30 minute dog walk
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked all: Yes

My goal for the holiday season is to keep up with this group, even if I have multiple pass days. I need the ongoing accountability of staying honest.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
    And great job staying under on your anniversary! That's not an easy task!! ;)
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity Thank you for sharing 💛 You have really done a lot of personal work and have identified issues and challenges that get in the way of your well-being and success. Be strong for yourself and your husband and baby. The boundaries you identified are so important.

And all those “thumbs up” for today — way to go! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    @jjjcat Happy Anniversary!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 14
    Exercise ✅ [1:30 h walk]
  • Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes 15 mins yoga, 40 mins walking
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - no…just plain hungry today so I went over and I’m still going to bed hungry (should have had more fibre / protein!)

I think the holiday season is easier in the uk now I’ve read all these entries - it’s just Christmas and new year. December is busy and festive and fun but that’s when it starts. If we had thanksgiving too that would make the whole thing longer (and probably more stressful!).

@donna25trinity I think I’m the same as you, a pleaser. It’s second nature to put other people before me, I too am trying to get better at that. I really have to stop baking for everyone all the time, it’s a time sucker and sometimes a slippery slope to a sugar filled rubbish day. I think the sugar makes me stressed too!

@jjjcat happy anniversary

@lesdarts180 you’re right, one day at a time is the only way. And you might not think of yourself as strong but you have consistently kept up this group and your healthy habits at a time when everything must be so difficult. And by doing that you are also doing your best by your mental health and hence your family. Honestly, I think you are an inspiration.

@TerriRichardson112 I’m so impressed by you only taking a pass day on Christmas Day! That’s discipline!

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Sound insights bON, learning from our own experiences does help navigate the vast seas of advice. Congrats on another 3 yes day @SummerSkier

Sounds like a great walk today @lesdarts180 to go with those three ✅✅✅

Way to go @TerriRichardson112 I have usually done a 5k run 10k walk on Holidays as well in order to have extra calories.

I like the idea of banking a few 100 calorie under days @Geneveremfp that seems pretty simple. Congrats on getting all 3 goals today!

@Katiecan2021 I can see how it would be easier in other countries without Thanksgiving or otherwise something else in there. Here in the states the stores have piles upon piles of candy and baked goodies literally everywhere from October through the end of December simply changing the motif from one holiday to the next. By the time the Halloween candy is gone people are dealing with Thanksgiving leftovers, and then everything else throughout December.