Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    Question for those that switched from Fitbit to Apple or the other way around

What did you like about Apple over Fitbit? Anything you missed in particular about Fitbit? If you went back to Fitbit from Apple, why? I am so nervous about making the switch.

I do not have any Apple Products but I do love my fitbit versa2 ...but now I want the Fitbit Versa3
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Went for a nature walk at a park. Lizards, birds, grapes growing wild. Small but tasty.
    Sorry, but I give up posting pics here. I have one on my page.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Went for a nature walk at a park. Lizards, birds, grapes growing wild. Small but tasty.

Awesome job Roger :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 170 pounds
    Cw 169 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 170 pounds
    Cw 169 pounds

Great loss...Congrats to making in the 160's :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I give up posting pics here. I have one on my page.

Sounds like an awesome walk. Lots of steps I bet.
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 170 pounds
    Cw 169 pounds

Fantastic loss!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Nice workout! The burn is crazy! Has your resting heart rate increased since the pain started? Mine did and the doctor confirmed that pain does this. It is starting to come down again though. Not sure if it is the pool or for the most part I am learning to handle the pain better. It sucks that it is affecting your work. I can see your point with the pool. I just cross the parking lot and I am at the pool house. I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs!

Yes indeed... I've been noticing. Last 2 days my resting heart rate is all the way up to 70 before the injury I was hitting 63-65 on a regular basis. I assume one reason is the pain, and the other is I'm not getting my cardio in. DOH!!!

Evening Everyone,

Erg, I wish I was more joyous with my far and few between updates lately... But I'm still really struggling here. No real improvements today. I still haven't stuck it out at work for a full day. I came home 1 hour early once again, just to be able to lay down for an hour before out workout... And I was in much worse shape when I got home today then I was the day before. This morning I thought I would have a Shower instead of a bath, and try to stand as long as I could and stretch my back out. Hoping it would loosen up my glutes, and relieve some pain shooting down my calves and ankles. But it didn't work, it all got worse. Damn it! 😋

I was pretty comfortable at work for a good part of the morning, but getting up to fill my water ended up causing my left calf and ankle sing for over an hour.... So, at that point I got other people to get me water. All in all I'm quite frustrated with the whole thing.

I'm just glad it all settled down just in time for our workout tonight.

Chest, Triceps and shoulders.

Small gains tonight, but gains are gains. I won't go into details, but I did great. DB Bench press is still stagnating a bit, other than 1 rep, but Cable Tricep extensions and other movements are moving along nicely. Lynn and Jason are kicking *kitten* as well.

And that is that... I still gotta do dishes, and I then back to bed so my *kitten* doesn't hurt so damn much. 😬😆🤞

wf17z9gomg74.png
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I went for a long walk today and I feel great. I'll be doing some dancing in a while. Take care and stay safe.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Happy hump day.
    Check in for10/20:
    Steps - 4935.
    Calories - 1650 or so. Hate my recall problems.
    Exercise - trail hike this morning. Ate a couple "wild" grapes. Very small but tasty. Downhill going out so uphill coming back.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello All;
    All is going well here. I haven't checked in for a few days. I'll catch up and check in tomorrow (later today for me). Hope your week has been going well!!😊 Lee
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 6,237

Sat on my butt all day due to calls didn’t get my lunchtime walk in but did do a quick Tabata cardio after work.

@lindamtuck2018 not sure if you noticed but I see I reversed my CW & PW. This week was 184, sorry!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Awesome workout! I hope your chiropractor appointment is soon and you get some relief. Constant pain takes a big toll on a person. Not just physically but mentally also.

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! I think everyone will discover different patterns to their weight loss! I know for myself it takes weeks of settling around one weight before it drops and then that repeats.

@cormierannie
    Great job! Walking and dancing are fun ways to exercise.

@rwood566
    Great day!

@jayenguk
    That’s a great challenge. You did fantastic! I use an app called called happy scale to keep track of my weights. I love looking at the graphs.

@Bluetail6
    I have been missing you Lee! Hope to hear about your week today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 6,237

Sat on my butt all day due to calls didn’t get my lunchtime walk in but did do a quick Tabata cardio after work.

@lindamtuck2018 not sure if you noticed but I see I reversed my CW & PW. This week was 184, sorry!

Thanks for pointing that out. I had it written down wrong.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hey all. When posting your weights please post PW first and CW last. It makes it much easier for me to correctly enter the weights in the spreadsheet.

eg:
    lindamtuck2018
    PW:
    CW:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    ✅Steps 11k daily
    426/500 Zone minutes
    ✅Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately

I had my highest number of zone minutes in one day. I swam normally for 25 minutes and then leisurely for 22. I walked to 2 of my appointments which gave me more zone minutes. I am still not able to walk without pain so I just have to be patient and have faith that the second injection will work. My weight really spiked this morning. I pulled out my old scale to confirm the reading and they were the same.

I am off to the pool. Not sure what I am going to do. My leg muscles are sore from walking. I will decide once I get in the pool.

Have a super Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Wednesday’s numbers

Steps

Swim
    25 minutes moderate = 4,350 steps

Pool workout
    22 minutes moderate = 2,200 steps

Total steps 15,863
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    q2c65jq8wkaa.jpg

Today is our 4th day of the mini challenge
    Its Thankful Thursday: What are you thankful for?
This discussion has been closed.