22 minutes moderate = 3,828 steps

Pool workout
    29 minutes moderate = 2,900 steps

Total steps 12,581
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,560 Member
    Options
    Question

We love to eat and enjoy food but food can help us through some stressful times, fill us up when we are feeling empty, help us procrastinate, soothe anger and do all kids of thing we need. What are some substitutes for food in situations where you turn to food?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,548 Member
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    q2c65jq8wkaa.jpg

Today is our 4th day of the mini challenge
    Its Thankful Thursday: What are you thankful for?

I'm very thankful for my family (taken at our last trip to hit all 50 US states), my health, friends and a rewarding career
    ldbhgjshy2u0.jpg

Great looking family you got there Jim :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @luccianaff
    Awesome loss!

@Megan_smartiepants1970, @shortyjmorgan1, @rwood566, @jayenguk , @jimboden3
    We sure have lots to be thankful for!

Yes we do have a lot to be thankful for :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thursday’s numbers

Steps

Swim

Pool workout

Total steps 12,581

for your total steps I got 12,591 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I corrected your steps for Wednesday 10/20 :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 265.8
    CW: 263.8. -2.0
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    256h74f9gshi.jpg

Our last day of the mini challenge (day 5)
    Its Fit Friday: Try the extra workout I posted

gc0mbee5ykvv.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 242.0
    CW: 238.5 (loss 3.5lbs)
    LTD 8.5 lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thursday’s numbers

Steps

Swim

Pool workout

Total steps 12,581

for your total steps I got 12,591 :)

Typo
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    What is everyone's plans for the weekend ? I am wanting to bake some keto desserts that I have not tried like lemon ricotta cookies .....lots of pumpkin things :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566

Awesome loss!

Megan_smartiepants1970
    LTD 8.5 lbs

Fantastic!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    What is everyone's plans for the weekend ? I am wanting to bake some keto desserts that I have not tried like lemon ricotta cookies .....lots of pumpkin things :)

Absolutely nothing! No grandkids this weekend so I am staying in my pjs all weekend except to go grocery shopping and the pool.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566

Awesome loss!

Megan_smartiepants1970
    LTD 8.5 lbs

Fantastic!

Thank you Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Absolutely nothing! No grandkids this weekend so I am staying in my pjs all weekend except to go grocery shopping and the pool.

Sounds like my kind of weekend ...enjoy :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Steps 10,000 today
    Exercise 120 minutes
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... I hope no one gives up on me. I want you all to know that once I'm out of the woods with this crap pain stuff, I will be back to normal and my happy self and will try and encourage you all once more.

As it is, most of my days are spent in considerable pain, and I can barely concentrate on work let alone anything else, and when I'm miserable I'm not inclined to jump on MFP. The point is this time WILL PASS!!!! (oh please let it pass). :P

Some good news... Not only do I have an appointment with a Chiropractor on Monday around 1pm... I now also have an appointment with a Registered Sports Therapist who specializes in Sports injuries... This is the person that cool Purple Haired pottie mouthed Doctor recommended to me way back when when I tore my shoulder. (which I was too stubborn to actually go see).

So with any luck between the two of them, someone will press some magic button and all the pain will just disappear? *Yes that would be amazing... Please*. :)

No real improvements at all... Today my left glute is all messed up, in addition to my right... Throbbing left ankle and calf in the morning etc... Stayed at work till 1:00pm... Slept till 4:00pm... And you better F'n believe I dragged my *kitten* out of bed and completed our Leg work out tonight.

We also didn't take it easy today... Pushed to the limit. Take no prisoners.. Squat till we dropped. And I even did a 3 banger superset at the end of the day that ended with GOOD MORNINGs with the biggest baddest Rubber band I had and I doubled it..... Turns out this was really difficult, and I could barely hold it in my hands to complete 15 reps... Which TELLS ME IT WAS THE PERFECT DIFFICULTY. (I may have to get the next available bands, they only have 2 bigger ones thought :P).

It's kind of weird. I'm not having back pain per say that I'm fearful of tweaking something. There seems to be no exercise I can't do. I'm not fearful doing anything will make it worse? I just have to deal with the dull to acute aching pains running down my glutes (when walking) to my calves (always calves sitting, or laying or anything) and damn the ankles (luckily that doesn't happen as often). So frustrating.

Anywhoo.. I'll spare you the Monica inspired Echo Cardiogram. According to Fitbit today my exercise calories is at 1452.... And again just from the leg workout. MY damn resting heart rate is up by 10 from 2 weeks ago... Not good, but I guess that's not bad from a calorie burn perspective either?

Okay that's it... Time for another hot bath... And a massage gun and stretching treatment. WHooo HOOoo!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Celebrating 3 birthdays back home tomorrow and watching my niece's play
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thankful Thursday: am thankful for my family, friends, health and caregivers and all who have helped me directly or indirectly on my health and fitness journey. Love this thread.

Friday?: The time after eating is the hardest for me so distract myself by doing dishes, drinking water and taking nightly pills, or starting a conversation with whomever I am eating with. Being alone is also difficult for me so go outside or get on mfp or research a topic that interests me.

Want to go to the local orchid show and exhibition. I have great success growing phalenopsis )moth) orchids. The cheap kind that you can get at Wal-mart. But would like to see if I can grow other types. Have a great weekend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Celebrating 3 birthdays back home tomorrow and watching my niece's play

Sounds busy and fun ...enjoy :)
This discussion has been closed.