Replies

• Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 154
    CW: 152.4

This weekend we're going to the zoo on Saturday and Mom's for Sunday dinner and swim.

Monday is going to be a challenge for me and my toddler. I have to bring a sample to a dr 1.5 hours away in the morning (3 hours round trip!) That's too much to ask of my 2 year old, so we're going to hit the children's museum down that way. We'll drive back at nap time, and hopefully she sleeps well because it's straight to her gymnastics class. The home in time to make dinner etc.

It's doable, it's just also pretty dependant on how well she tolerates the drive/her mood.

I'm still not tracking and it seems to be going okay! Obviously being mindful.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Question

We love to eat and enjoy food but food can help us through some stressful times, fill us up when we are feeling empty, help us procrastinate, soothe anger and do all kids of thing we need. What are some substitutes for food in situations where you turn to food?

I keep busy by cleaning house ...going for a walk (when not injured) and drink lots of water with lemon, mio etc.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/21 stats):

Steps: 11,825
    Floors: 8
    Calories Burned: 936

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 99
    Vigorous: 166
    Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 598

Thank you all for your continued support. I'll be back to post more in a bit!!😊
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Happy friday night. May you all enjoy your weekends.
    Check in for 10/22:
    Steps - 5410.
    Calories - 1673. Making practice dinners for Thanksgiving. Finally finalized it. Turkey breast, mashed sweet potato with marshmellows, corn cut from the cob, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie.
    Exercise - did a small walk to get steps and chat with daughter about xmas wish lists. Frickin cold out there.

Hopefully tomorrow night we will go to the zoo. Depending on how her cold is.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @rwood566 Roger was reading the thread called “chronic illness” in General Health. Poster mentioned that she suffered from postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. One of the responding posters linked a great article about it that you might find helpful to discuss with your healthcare team regarding your light headed episodes. Evidently changing blood volume whether due to dehydration (possibly weight loss as our whole volume changes) can trigger this.
    I currently take fludrocortisine and supplement with potassium and salt along with the compression hose. It has all but eliminated my symptoms. Hope that you find it helpful too.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Fit Friday
    I tried several the exercises from your poster, fun!! The surprise was the Front Jack. That is one I had never done before. Regular jumping jacks, yes!!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Thankful Thursday

I wanted to post this even though it is Friday, lol.

I am grateful for all that I have and all that I am able to give. Not the least of which is my husband. I definitely hit the marriage jackpot!!🧡
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie
    Two hours of exercise! Awesome!

@Poobah1972
    That’s quite the workout! Well done! I think nerve pain is weird. I can bend over and touch my toes no problem but standing and walking cause terrible pain. Just curious, do you get swelling in your leg? My lower right leg swells a lot. Good luck with your appointments.

@Beautyofdreams
    How is your recovery coming along? Great ideas to avoid eating.

@shortyjmorgan1
    That sounds busy!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

This weekend we're going to the zoo on Saturday and Mom's for Sunday dinner and swim.

Monday is going to be a challenge for me and my toddler. I have to bring a sample to a dr 1.5 hours away in the morning (3 hours round trip!) That's too much to ask of my 2 year old, so we're going to hit the children's museum down that way. We'll drive back at nap time, and hopefully she sleeps well because it's straight to her gymnastics class. The home in time to make dinner etc.

It's doable, it's just also pretty dependant on how well she tolerates the drive/her mood.

First of all, awesome loss! 👏👏 It’s great the mindfulness is working for you. Are you still spot checking every now and then? The zoo sounds like fun. That does sound difficult. Your plan sounds great.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in (10/21 stats):

Steps: 11,825
    Floors: 8
    Calories Burned: 936

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 99
    Vigorous: 166
    Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 598

Thank you all for your continued support. I'll be back to post more in a bit!!😊

Lee, great day! Your intensity minutes are crazy. Keep all the extra movement up as it really is helping.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Happy friday night. May you all enjoy your weekends.
    Check in for 10/22:
    Steps - 5410.
    Calories - 1673. Making practice dinners for Thanksgiving. Finally finalized it. Turkey breast, mashed sweet potato with marshmellows, corn cut from the cob, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie.
    Exercise - did a small walk to get steps and chat with daughter about xmas wish lists. Frickin cold out there.

Hopefully tomorrow night we will go to the zoo. Depending on how her cold is.

Your dinner sounds amazing! The holidays are coming fast so list need to be made. I am behind on shopping as I like to start in October.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

We love to eat and enjoy food but food can help us through some stressful times, fill us up when we are feeling empty, help us procrastinate, soothe anger and do all kids of thing we need. What are some substitutes for food in situations where you turn to food?

I haven’t been doing well in this area. One big thing I used to do was diamond art. It really distracted me. I think I will order some. Other things I could work on a puzzle or read. All these things take concentration so it should distract from eating.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Friday check in
    ❌Steps 11k daily
    ✅ 518/500 Zone minutes
    ✅Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately

Nice surprise on the scale this morning. My weight was 198.6 compared to my official weight yesterday of 201.4. The bloat is gone and so is the funky stomach I had for a couple of days.

My absolutely nothing weekend has turned into a doing something. My oldest granddaughter has asked me to take her to the movies tonight. I am staying out of the pool to allow the cortisone to work in my shoulder.

I am off to grocery shop early. Have a great start to the weekend.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is overdue! I did weigh-in yesterday but forgot to post:

MJ_Keto
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 138
    CW: 137.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone ...I hope everybody has a great day :)
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Sorry I've haven't been posting much this past week. Work was super intense, I was covering for my boss who was out on vacation and a number of issues exploded, so I was juggling two jobs and trying to put out fires left and right. I did "okay" with my eating, stayed keto but didn't track things 100%. I exercised a bit, not as much as wanted, but better than nothing. I'm looking forward to doing a longer run today and hopefully I'll more on track with tracking next week. I can't believe we are at the tail end of October!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams thank you very much for that. I wrote it down and will be investigating after my exercise.
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    What is everyone's plans for the weekend ? I am wanting to bake some keto desserts that I have not tried like lemon ricotta cookies .....lots of pumpkin things :)

I'm not baking this weekend, but I did last weekend and made keto cheesecake and it was sooo good! I made the crust-less recipe from Low Carb Yum, because whenever I try making a keto cheesecake crust I'm always disappointed. It's the fluffy rich filling that's the best part anyways!
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    Question

I haven’t been doing well in this area. One big thing I used to do was diamond art. It really distracted me. I think I will order some. Other things I could work on a puzzle or read. All these things take concentration so it should distract from eating.

Diamond art sounds interesting! I'd love to learn more about that! I'm a big fan of puzzles and reading but would love to be more artsy/crafty... I drew a lot when I was young, but I've lost touch with my creative side as an adult.
  • MJ_Keto
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Laura, nice job on your weight loss this past week, almost 2 pounds! Have a fun weekend and good luck on Monday! I remember those early years trying to time naps and outings, it's a real challenge!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
This discussion has been closed.