Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 whoops I am so sorry.
    10/23-8598
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    9agzlih64pif.gif

What word or phrase can you use(or do you use) to remind you of your commitment?

I can and will do this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    I forgot to mention that I ordered my Apple Watch on Friday. It will be here in a week. I am both excited and nervous at the same time. I got a series 7 and I am hoping to have better luck than I did with Fitbits.

Awesome ...Hope you like it :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    edited October 2021
    It is that time to recruit new members for the month of November ... If any of you have any friends that you think would love to join our amazing group ...Please encourage them to sign up :) Thank you
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847112/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited October 2021
    @lindamtuck2018

The calorie burn is a combination of my intensity minutes both moderate and vigorous. Generally, from what I have read, one should aim for 150 mins of moderate exercise or 75 mins of vigorous exercise, per week. Obviously any combination is good. My intensity minutes seem to double when I go for more (vigorous) intensity. For instance, yesterday, Saturday, I burned 781 calories. My total focused exercise time was over 2 hours/120+ minutes. It didn't include all of my running around doing errands, or running at a fast pace up the stairs over and over to get our dog, before he pees on the carpet. He has had a couple of major bladder operations... Although it wasn't focused exercised, it seems to appear in my intensity minutes. Hope any of this makes sense. I'll post yesterdays check in below. Also, I'll break out daily total minutes vs. weekly total minutes.

ETA: I tend to do more of an interval workout whatever I am doing. A lot of times I exercise at the high end (80%) or a bit more and sometimes somewhere in the middle. I go by perceived exertion (how I feel on a 1-10 scale). I use a HRM chest strap that is even more accurate than my watch alone. Of course this (exertion) depends on ones level of fitness, etc.
  • Bluetail6
    Daily Check-in (10/23 stats):

Steps: 12,519
    Floors: 9
    Calories Burned: 781

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 29
    Vigorous: 134
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 163

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 929
  • Bluetail6
    What are some substitutes for food in situations where you turn to food?

This may be obvious to many of you, but it took me a minute, lol. I love, love to cook so I love reading about cooking when I have time. Anyway, I don't read about things I would like to cook, or plan on cooking, when I am hungry. I make sure it is after eating, or I have some flavored seltzer or mineral water handy. Also, exercise works well for me.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 10/24
    Steps - 12786
    Calories - 1769. A lot for me but under my limit. A bit to much snacking.
    Exercise - 4.87 mile walk in the afternoon. 1 hr 32 min. I cut it short to get home for dinner.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    ohh yay !! I won ..and congrats to the rest of winners and to all of us!!!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    aih67jd3s6ff.png

It is that time that I give out my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need

@Piqueaboo 10/17- 10/23
    @888Angie888 10/20- 10/23
    @rlaskey2 10/21- 10/23
    @amymartin555 10/17- 10/23
    @WTGNicole 10/17- 10/23
    @Jpedno 10/19- 10/23
    @tahm42 10/17- 10/23
    Please have your steps in by no later than the evening of 10/26.. If I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ....Thanks for your cooperation :)

I tried repeatedly but my fitbit is saying no :( I am going to reset it today, hopefully that will help! Sorry Megan

gwqor00k2gce.png

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 210.2lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 109.7

We have entered the busiest period of my work - October through January I'm going to work like mad, and as an international sales person I'll also be doing a fair bit of traveling. I apologize in advance but I'm sure my delay has already been noted!

Next Saturday is my birthday and I will be in Rome, so I have to skip my weigh-in then please.

Did you want me to excuse you from the step challenge?

Happy Early Birthday...Have a great one :)

Yes please @Megan_smartiepants1970 - but mainly because my fitbit is not cooperating!! Thank you very much, too, 35 - it's a big one!
  • Piqueaboo
    I forgot to mention that I ordered my Apple Watch on Friday. It will be here in a week. I am both excited and nervous at the same time. I got a series 7 and I am hoping to have better luck than I did with Fitbits.

Oh keep us posted - I don't want to get one, but it seems to be pretty nifty. I'll be happy to get your opinion!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Good morning!
    CW:155
    PW:156.4
    Not sure if I will make my goal by the end of the month but I am starting to see some progress
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Steps 10/21 6,231
    10/22 6,603
    10/23 15,484
    10/34 7,103

Going to be rainy here all week. I don’t have as many calls this week so the plan is to workout during the day. Let’s see if I can actually make it happen.

Making oatmeal for breakfast and minestrone soup for lunch. I much prefer leftovers for lunch because I am not a huge fan of sandwiches and too lazy to prepare anything during the day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in (10/23 stats):

Steps: 12,519
    Floors: 9
    Calories Burned: 781

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 29
    Vigorous: 134
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 163

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 929

I can never figure out if my swims are moderate or vigorous. My zone minutes are always double because they are in cardio. I would not be able to hold a conversation for sure. I think the Apple Watch I am getting calls the intensity minutes also. You knocked your intensity minutes out of the park this week. Well done!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 10/24
    Steps - 12786
    Calories - 1769. A lot for me but under my limit. A bit to much snacking.
    Exercise - 4.87 mile walk in the afternoon. 1 hr 32 min. I cut it short to get home for dinner.

Awesome steps Roger! That’s quite the walk!

jayenguk wrote: »
    ohh yay !! I won ..and congrats to the rest of winners and to all of us!!!

You did! Congrats!
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Oh keep us posted - I don't want to get one, but it seems to be pretty nifty. I'll be happy to get your opinion!

I finally gave in because I was constantly resetting my Fitbit or having to reinstall it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Good morning!
    CW:155
    PW:156.4
    Not sure if I will make my goal by the end of the month but I am starting to see some progress

Fantastic loss! That puts you at 55 pounds lost right! Awesome!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 10/21 6,231
    10/22 6,603
    10/23 15,484
    10/34 7,103

Going to be rainy here all week. I don’t have as many calls this week so the plan is to workout during the day. Let’s see if I can actually make it happen.

Making oatmeal for breakfast and minestrone soup for lunch. I much prefer leftovers for lunch because I am not a huge fan of sandwiches and too lazy to prepare anything during the day.

. Do you make overnight oats? My go to for lunch lately has been a bagel with light cream cheese and an apple.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Name: Poobah1972
    Day: Monday
    Last weight: 353.1
    Current weight: 354.5

Gained a 1.4 pounds... Meh, kinda of constipated this morning? Along with a grueling leg day, and hard days work saturday.... I figured as much. It's all good though.
    @Poobah1972
    That’s quite the workout! Well done! I think nerve pain is weird. I can bend over and touch my toes no problem but standing and walking cause terrible pain. Just curious, do you get swelling in your leg? My lower right leg swells a lot. Good luck with your appointments.

Not to much swelling that I can see, nothing more then I normally get I think...

Anywhoo... I better get going to my first Appointment of the day... Everyone cross your fingers. *Crosses his fingers* lol

Cheers
  • lindamtuck2018
    Sunday check in
    ❌Steps 11k daily
    61/500 Zone minutes
    ❌Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately

Over on calories again. That’s 4 of the last 7 days. I baked a ham yesterday and I couldn’t resist a ham sandwich last night. Also, I have almost 4 pounds of water weight today. I don’t get along with sodium.

I am going to the pool after I reschedule my booster shot. It is pouring rain and I don’t feel like walking in it. I did a total of 32 minutes exercise in the pool. I wanted to get some good stretching. Today, it will be longer.

Happy Monday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Swimming
    18 minutes moderate

Pool workout
    14 minutes moderate

Total converted steps
This discussion has been closed.