Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't entirely convinced by the accuracy of the manual scales I was using and I found it hard to read which line it was on. Went out and bought some digital scales and they just added 4.6 lbs to my weight 😭 pretty soul destroying but at least I'll have an accurate weight going forward. When I start in Nov what do I need to include in the daily check-in posts?

It’s up to you what you want to post. Some people post exercise, how they did with food, sleep or steps. That’s hard when a new scales weigh more. Can you give me an updated start weight?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 & @lindamtuck2018

All day I have felt bad about quitting the challenge before it even started.
    If it's not too late, I'd like to do the November challenge and see if I can do it by myself. If it's not too late! If possible please allow me to stay in the November challenge and in Downsizer group.

Thank you, either way you decide. Blue

We would be more than glad for you to stay.
  • Bluebabygirl58
    Bluebabygirl58 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, Thank you!
  • Bluebabygirl58
    Bluebabygirl58 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @shortyjmorgan1
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @Bluetail6 I ask those same questions. Sometimes I ask them standing in the pantry 😅. Waiting 15min and a glass of water also help when trying to decide if I am truly hungry.

Trust me, I get it!! Love the water idea, too.😊
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options

If it's not too late, I'd like to do the November challenge and see if I can do it by myself. If it's not too late! If possible please allow me to stay in the November challenge and in Downsizer group.

We will be here. Give it a try. I think you will find our group very pleasant and supportive.😊 Lee
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options

Welcome back ... I hope you will join us and succeed :)
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options

So glad you've decided to stay! I think you will really enjoy this group - everyone is so supportive and inspiring! I've noticed that everyone has their ups and downs, so it's not about perfection! We're happy to have you on our team!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all.
    What a day. Flu shot and covid booster. On the good side is that I almost didn't qualify for it based on my BMI. I was almost to low. That made my day when I learned how low I am.

Check in for 10/27:
    Steps - 3110. Got the shots and hid at home. So far no pain but tomorrow is another day. First two hit me hard.
    Calories - 1692, or close to it.
    Exercise - some arm dumbbells just to relieve boredom.

Tomorrow will be 90F after 66F yesterday. Then 70F saturday. Horrid spike that will probably make us all sick. Daughter got her booster today and wife got flu shot. All of us could be sick tomorrow.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members and a double welcome goes to @Bluebabygirl58 for joining us twice. Please feel free to ask questions and make comments. We have open minds and open ears to listen to your rants, stories, jokes (though we may not laugh if they are bad) or musings.

On a happier note, I just remembered the calendar. Thursday is National Chocolate Day. Perfect time to raid your Halloween stash for ONE piece. Friday is Hermit Day, which you can become if you wiped out your whole stash. Lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW: 169 pounds
    Cw: 167 pounds

Fantastic loss!
    jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 252.4
    CW 250.8

Awesome loss! Your swimming and gym sessions are paying off.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Love those questions. It is something I need to do every time I open the fridge or cupboards at night.

@aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Welcome to the team!

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! Your steps are great. How are you liking the Apple Watch compared to the Fitbit?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Less pain is good. How often do you get to go to the therapist? Improvement is always good when strength trying. I am struggling with bicep exercises in the pool. I love doing triceps and have found a couple of different exercises but I hate doing the biceps. Do you have any areas that you don’t like working? I just need to suck it up and get it done.

@rwood566
    That’s awesome your bmi has changed that much. I hope you don’t get sick from your shot. Ok, now I want a chocolate bar.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MJ_Keto wrote: »

So glad you've decided to stay! I think you will really enjoy this group - everyone is so supportive and inspiring! I've noticed that everyone has their ups and downs, so it's not about perfection! We're happy to have you on our team!

This is so true. I like to think we are here with no judgement just lots of support. Lose, gain or stay the same everyone is so supportive.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    ✅Steps 11k daily
    ✅Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately
    Zone minutes 216/500

I did very well in the pool yesterday considering how tired I was. I did have to pause my Fitbit and rest half way through my swim. With my pool water weights I kept my heart rate up 25 of the way minutes. No pool today as I have a doctors appointment for memory testing and results. It is 4.5 hours long.

I am off to put supper in the slow cooker and get ready for my appointment. Have a great day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 5,524
    Swim 25 minutes mod. = 4,350 steps
    Workout 26 minutes mod. = 2,600 steps

Total = 12,474
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

The team is a tool in your weight loss toolbox. Do you have any suggestions for the new month? What do you expect from the team? Is there any challenges you would like us to do? What can we improve on next month?

• lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    5z5uznl54ilb.jpeg

We are looking for two team motivators. If you are interested and would like more information send myself or Megan a message.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/27: 21,395
This discussion has been closed.