Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.4
    CW: 225.0
    Looking forward to a fresh start for November and a strong finish for the year! 🤨
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new and returning members. Have really enjoyed reading the responses to the daily questions. They are great questions. Have not replied because usually reading a few days after they are posted. Really enjoy that some of these questions have focused on mental and emotional aspects of weight loss. Therapy and financial counseling have been key to me for weight loss.

Went to transplant hospital yesterday to see orthopedics and infectious disease. With covid protocols in place, my mom wasn’t able to enter the hospital. She had to wait 5 hours for me to finish appointments then drive us the hour and a half back home. Feel so bad to put her through this.

Had to have staff wheel me from one department to the next for all appointments. Had cast removed and recast after examination. Antibiotic iv line was removed(surgery) in another department and in the third department oral antibiotics were discontinued. Didn’t get to eat or drink from 9 am to 5pm or use a bathroom from 10:20am to 5pm. Was shaking by the time we left at 5. Don’t know how you IFers manage not to eat for so long.

All departments say that I am healing but orthopedics says if I do not heal completely or develop another open wound in that toe, it will have to be amputated. I have already had my right eye removed from diabetic complications. Not keen on amputation but doctors are encouraging me to do it to prevent more extensive amputation in the future. Will think about it.

Asked the guy casting me how much these plaster casts weigh. He said on average 4 pounds. So like carting around a bag of sugar on my foot. Question: when I rejoin the weigh ins, what do I use as a previous weight? The earliest this cast will come off is November 10th.

Have a happy Halloween and enjoy a piece of candy if you choose.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't entirely convinced by the accuracy of the manual scales I was using and I found it hard to read which line it was on. Went out and bought some digital scales and they just added 4.6 lbs to my weight 😭 pretty soul destroying but at least I'll have an accurate weight going forward. When I start in Nov what do I need to include in the daily check-in posts?

It’s up to you what you want to post. Some people post exercise, how they did with food, sleep or steps. That’s hard when a new scales weigh more. Can you give me an updated start weight?

I weighed in at 201.2 lbs this morning. Just had my ultrasound and they have discovered 2 more gallstones 😭 so I'm back to the dr in a couple of weeks to find out what happens next.
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Luccianaff
    Weight in day Thursday
    PW 146.6
    CW 144
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Another day closer to Christmas. I hope you are ready.
    Check in for 10/28:
    Steps - 3643. Back was sore all day. Shot? I will take this amount.
    Calories - 1575 or so.
    Exercise - slow walk around the block tonight after the aspirin kicked in. Daughter wants to go back to sea world tomorrow to see the Halloween stuff.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/27 stats):

Steps: 18,121
    Floors: 8
    Calories Burned: 1,185

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 35
    Vigorous: 248
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 283

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 824
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 140.4
    CW: 140
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    I have a fun story I'll share tomorrow. I promise I'm not (don't mean to anyway) leaving you hanging. It has been a long, long day, and I'm ready to hit the hay. Hubs just asked me "who are you talking to?" Um, the computer...😳🤣
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new and returning members. Have really enjoyed reading the responses to the daily questions. They are great questions. Have not replied because usually reading a few days after they are posted. Really enjoy that some of these questions have focused on mental and emotional aspects of weight loss. Therapy and financial counseling have been key to me for weight loss.

Went to transplant hospital yesterday to see orthopedics and infectious disease. With covid protocols in place, my mom wasn’t able to enter the hospital. She had to wait 5 hours for me to finish appointments then drive us the hour and a half back home. Feel so bad to put her through this.

Had to have staff wheel me from one department to the next for all appointments. Had cast removed and recast after examination. Antibiotic iv line was removed(surgery) in another department and in the third department oral antibiotics were discontinued. Didn’t get to eat or drink from 9 am to 5pm or use a bathroom from 10:20am to 5pm. Was shaking by the time we left at 5. Don’t know how you IFers manage not to eat for so long.

All departments say that I am healing but orthopedics says if I do not heal completely or develop another open wound in that toe, it will have to be amputated. I have already had my right eye removed from diabetic complications. Not keen on amputation but doctors are encouraging me to do it to prevent more extensive amputation in the future. Will think about it.

Asked the guy casting me how much these plaster casts weigh. He said on average 4 pounds. So like carting around a bag of sugar on my foot. Question: when I rejoin the weigh ins, what do I use as a previous weight? The earliest this cast will come off is November 10th.

Have a happy Halloween and enjoy a piece of candy if you choose.

That was a crazy day. It’s good to hear from you. I hope your toe heals. For the weigh in, usually when someone is coming back from support they give me a weight from a week before they start. So you could weigh when the cast comes off and then officially start weighing in the next week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.4
    CW: 225.0
    Looking forward to a fresh start for November and a strong finish for the year! 🤨

I know you can do it. Just be the little engine who could.

So I wasn't entirely convinced by the accuracy of the manual scales I was using and I found it hard to read which line it was on. Went out and bought some digital scales and they just added 4.6 lbs to my weight 😭 pretty soul destroying but at least I'll have an accurate weight going forward. When I start in Nov what do I need to include in the daily check-in posts?

It’s up to you what you want to post. Some people post exercise, how they did with food, sleep or steps. That’s hard when a new scales weigh more. Can you give me an updated start weight?

I weighed in at 201.2 lbs this morning. Just had my ultrasound and they have discovered 2 more gallstones 😭 so I'm back to the dr in a couple of weeks to find out what happens next.

I will update your weight. Gallstones aren’t fun. I had mine out about 25 years ago. I still remember the pain of an attack.

luccianaff wrote: »
    Luccianaff
    Weight in day Thursday
    PW 146.6
    CW 144

Nice loss! Is there anything in particular that you did that helped with your loss this week?

I apologize for being quiet today... I have yet another migraine and slept all afternoon ... It hurts so bad that I am not able to make dinner ...going back to lay down ughhhh

Feel better!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Another day closer to Christmas. I hope you are ready.
    Check in for 10/28:
    Steps - 3643. Back was sore all day. Shot? I will take this amount.
    Calories - 1575 or so.
    Exercise - slow walk around the block tonight after the aspirin kicked in. Daughter wants to go back to sea world tomorrow to see the Halloween stuff.

I hope your back feels better. Do you have season passes to sea world?

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 140.4
    CW: 140

Fantastic loss! Can’t wait to hear your funny story.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Had to skip the gym this morning because I was trying to get dinner reservations done for Disney and it is not an easy thing to accomplish 🙃

Definitely a good reason to skip.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    60y1humll7g6.gif

We are getting close to the holidays and halloween is Sunday? Thanksgiving is looming for our American teammates. Some companies have Christmas parties in November. Have you started thinking on how to manage family dinners and holiday parties? What about left over candy from Sunday? Please share some of your strategies.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Mild rant warning.
    Got my blood work numbers back and my cholesterol has dramatically risen. The only thing I can think of is the Keto ish diet I have been on. I actually read my results before the nurse called. Her tone and attitude was like she was scolding a child, because of that she triggered my mouth. I pointed out all of my fats were high but my ratios were normal. Silence... "he still wants to see you." Of course I said fine. I hope his first line is not "I want you on statins." Let me change up my diet again so I can lower my fat and check me again when I come in for my covid followup in January. BREATHING... So I am on day 2 of trying to turn those numbers around.

I have high cholesterol because of hereditary issues and luckily my doctor worked with me to avoid the statins as they don't play nice with my body. She put me on 4 fish oil pills a day and told me to avoid cheese as much as possible because it's really high in bad cholesterol. I hope everything begins to work out
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,391 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 238.5
    CW: 235.2 (loss 3.3 lbs)
    LTD: 11.8 lbs
This discussion has been closed.