October 29

Options

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    @tahm42, sorry for asking what is really a keto diet?

Is Keto not fat?
    I am trying to read about it...
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    October 29

Hello! 2 more days to go; I'm doing my best to stay in the winners circle 💪😁

✅ Exercise - dance workout video
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

3 Pass Days Used
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/29
    Exercised ?: Walked 4.2 miles
    Calories ? YES
    Tracked? YES

Pass Days 2/3

Excited about the winner’s circle and being apart of this community. Here’s to a new round and new month in a few days
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @tahm42 I hope you find something that helps. I certainly understand struggling to get cholesterol under control.

I can't explain how mine ever became under control other than doing everything in my power to get my total health in line the way my doctor had always told me. I don't know if that helps. In my case I was told 15 years ago to try a low carb diet like Atkins to lose a lot of weight easily and quickly and to take medications (statins). I scoffed at that, how could eating all those fatty meats that Atkins people raved they got to eat, and ingesting chemicals with side effects help? That was counterintuitive. All the internet ninjas preached how bad statins were, so why do two undesirable things? I went the opposite way of my doctor, choosing to eliminate all cholesterol from my diet and get only healthy, natural fats from whole raw vegetable, fruit, nut and seed sources. Not only did that not correct my cholesterol (helped a little, but nowhere near enough) but I started to develop type 2 diabetes, probably due to the high levels of carbs I had in the particular diet as I was doing it (lots of fruits particularly in smoothies). When my doctor suggested low carb again in 2014 to lose weight, get blood sugars in line in addition to medications (new meds for blood sugars, I was taking statins already) I decided I had nothing to lose by listening to him this time. It changed my life for the better as I lost a lot of weight, felt better, exercised and started running. Within a year my cholesterol numbers were quite good. Even when I gave up on health I was still eating low carb. Apparently even with that lapse plus getting back into the groove worked since I'm at my best numbers since this all began 15 years ago.

Praying for you as you find your way. Not everyone is the same so not sure if I'm helping, but there is all the help and advice I have on this topic, spare any details about any of that which I could expound upon if needed.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Pass day for me as had some very good news yest that required copious amounts of Bailyes to celebrate. Ha ha. Enjoyed every second of it. This is either the 1st or second pass I honestly can't remember but I know I hvent went over 3 so will be sweet for winners circle. Xo
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @victorious55 Keto is a very low carb, high fat, high protein diet. Most people if they can tolerate the keto flu, I could not, lose a bunch of weight. Me I am on a low carb, high protein and the fats fell where they fell. My Trainer wanted my Macros at 25% carbs 30% protein and 45% fat some folks go as high as 75% fat. I can not in good conscious do that. Most days I ate 35% fat 35% protein and 30% carbs. I have lost but I had better blood work
    numbers with 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. I am trying an even lower fat number of 25% to see if consistent eating at that level will bring my numbers down. That automatically puts oat meal back on my diet. One of the few whole grains I can have. It eliminates much of my coconut goodies. Moderation is key maybe I was enjoying it too much. Also cutting back on the amount of fatty proteins. Like today I ate chicken breast and my hubby and daughter ate chicken thighs. I will see if I can handle no added fats but I know me I will cut out my good fats too and that cant happen as I need them. Sorry this has become a book. I know I will figure this out also. I just need some time.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tracked - Yes
    Within calorie budget - Yes
    Exercised - Yes, a 30 minute run in the rain on a hilly trail including one killer hill. 🌧🏃‍♀️🌧
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, 33 mins walking, 20 mins yoga, 10 minutes strength training
    Did everything get tracked: yes
    Did I stay under: yes

Pass days used - 4/3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    October 29
    Tracked ✅
    Calories ✅ - well under
    Exercise ✅ - 25 minutes on the treadmill (mostly to try to get warm).

Hopeful that I will not need a third pass day. Expect to be in the Winners’ Circle 🤞🏻

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 29
    A 6th pass day.
    My GI symptoms seem to be back. Went for a covid test and have a doctor's appointment on Monday. Felt unsure about eating real food and ate bread and oatmeal for dinner. Before I started feeling bad I did exercise - 15 minute MommaStrong video, 30 minute walk. And I had planned the day, just didn't follow the plan or adjust the plan. I think I was under calories.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 29 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 220+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 31,770+.......... 190 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29

( 0 Passes used... On track for monthly Consistency Success)

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @tahm42 - Just FYI - Your macros are very similar to mine, I average roughly between 30% to 40% protein, and around 55% to 65% fat. I track net carbs instead of carbs and am usually around 5%.

Wishing you the best.

If I were to try and make a best guess about managing cholesterol, it's just so complicated. A lot of variables involved with perhaps best results when all are lined up in a healthy manner. I think diet is only part of it, weight is another, fitness is yet another, as well as any cardiovascular diseases. Then there's medication that can help influence it.

I Definitely understand medications on top of surgery. Interestingly for an upcoming procedure I have they had no concern over the statin, and were more worried about some other non cardiovascular meds I take. Just FYI.

Probably no help given all you have said, but just in case. I also understand the perfectionist angle. That's how I do things too.

Best wishes.
  • lovingcaring
    lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oct 29th

Track eats/drinks? Yes
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Exercise? Treadmill walk 20min
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oct 29

Exercise: 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises
    Tracking; yes
    Calories: over

Pass day (3 of 3 used)

Winner's circle: yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking and calories no
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 – you know that cholesterol in your food is irrelevant right? It’s those saturated fats you have to cut back on. I narrowly avoided statins by making a deal with my doctor that I would bring my cholesterol down by diet and exercise, and after 4 months when I went back for a retest they were responding well. I haven’t had them tested recently but I’ve lost a lot more weight since then and really upped the exercise.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    Oct 29
    A 6th pass day.
    My GI symptoms seem to be back. Went for a covid test and have a doctor's appointment on Monday. Felt unsure about eating real food and ate bread and oatmeal for dinner. Before I started feeling bad I did exercise - 15 minute MommaStrong video, 30 minute walk. And I had planned the day, just didn't follow the plan or adjust the plan. I think I was under calories.

So sorry to hear you are unwell again. Hope you feel better soon
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    On track to the winner’s Circle: Remember 3 pass days is OK to be a "Winner"

@TerriRichardson112
    @SummerSkier – no passes!
    @Jana_2020
    @bradcrew
    @victorious55
    @GrandmaJackie
    @yrc_pr
    @StayFITTer
    @donna25trinity – sounds like your pass day was a lot of fun!
    @LazyBlondeChef
    @jamcnewman
    @DebyS137 – no pass days!
    @calvin20874
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    Congratulations on 3 yeses - keeping going even when you are over the 3 pass days is the way to success - Never give up!

@Mrs_Hoffer
    @snowshoe072
    @tahm42
    @slimtastesbetter
    @ashleycarole86
    @lovingcaring