Options

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    10/30
    I'm sorry I've not been writing for several days.I had my bariatric surgury on wensday, came home Thursday night, yesterday I just tried to make it. Having a hard time, getting this meal and drink schedule down without going bloated all the time. Today I'm doing better with it. I'm not sure If I should stay in group next month. I'm on liquid diet for 3 weeks. Not able to do too much activities for that long as well. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

@stella7x7 I didn't realize you were having surgery..... I'm also sorry to hear that you're not doing too well. But I agree with @Jana_2020 that you should join us for November, even if you don't "check in" every day. We'd like to know how you're doing as the month goes on.

When I had my appendectomy in May (laprascopically) , I was outside walking about 3 days later. My speed was very, very, very slow.... and the first couple days I only went to the bottom of the driveway and back (1/4 mile) a couple of times each day..... but every day I was a little better and could go a little further. Eventually, I was able to go a little faster than a snail's pace too. Lol. Definitely don't "push yourself" too much tho - only you know your body and you should definitely listen to it (and to your doc!) {{{{HUGS}}}} my friend.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,105 Member
    Options
    Happy to share @Mrs_Hoffer — be sure to read the details? Number of eggs and size, power of your air fryer all have an impact. This works pretty well for me though (and I go longer if cooking a larger number)…

https://www.recipe-diaries.com/air-fryer-hard-boiled-eggs/

Julie
    🥰
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,606 Member
    Options
    All three done. Played electric guitar this morning. We did get the ninja air fryer I made home made mozzarella sticks with string cheese. Picked a magazine and looks like some good healthy food choices thanks to all for your input. Tonight was instant pot adobo chicken on pasta tomorrow pumpkin quinoa chili.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    *Follow UAC rules 👍
    *Continue to maintain weight 👍
    * Actively use grazing container daily👍
    * Stretch as much as possible 👍
    * Monitor sugars👎
    * Journal write👎
    * Hve me time👎
    * Use complaints free braclet👍
    * Keep phone usage to a minimum👍
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    10/30
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻
    Used 2 passes
    Left 1 pass
    ~~~~~~~~
    October goals
    - Miracle Morning daily.
    - yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly. (Strength training isn’t happening unfortunately this week, 😢😢
    - average 30g or fewer net carbs per day
    - No LNS daily, ONLY fruits
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,157 Member
    Options
    Feel better @jamcnewman .. hope the early night to bed helps!

Exercise - just under 30 mins walking and 30 minutes on the Peloton
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - yes

Pass days used - 4

Champion this month
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 23 mins / 1.36 mi
    Passes used: 2/3 : (17oct) (21oct)

I have a Dash air fryer which I bought mainly because we have a tiny 1 cup Dash rice cooker that we've been happy with. I use the air fryer about once a week for things like fish coated with egg and gluten free bread crumbs, french fries, root vegetable fries, za'atar coated lamb chops, etc. Tonight I put bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers and it worked great. I regret buying this air fryer though because it's too small. One night I was doing fish & chips (frozen) and it took three batches for us to get everything cooked which took too long. I think most people who have a Ninja are pretty happy with it. I didn't want to spend a lot on it since I wasn't sure how much it would get used. At this point I can justify buying a bigger one but I haven't yet decided if I will or not.

Incidentally I didn't have that much luck doing my own fries which was the number one reason I bought it. It seems to work better with frozen fries. But I don't like to buy frozen stuff very often because in spite of buying the "healthier" brands they still have stuff in them that I don't want to consume regularly. I know some people use them for vegetables but personally I prefer to sauté mine in olive oil.

Maybe think about what you might use it for before buying to make sure it is something that would get regular use.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I do hope you feel better tomorrow Julie @jamcnewman 💕 🙏
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,033 Member
    Options
    Tracked - Yes
    Within calorie budget - Yes
    Exercised - Yes - 3 mile run on a trail that had small flooded areas because of all the rain we had this week. It was either turn back or run through, so I ran through. The water was past my ankles, my shoes and socks were soaked! 🏃‍♀️ Today was bright sunshine & cold.
    Champion - Yes 😊

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Oct 30
    ✅✅✅
    💟
    I’ll be in the Winner’s Circle @Mrs_Hoffer !
    Thank you for another great month!
    🌸Maddie
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/30
    Exercised ?: YES Couch 2 5k Week 7 Day 2 did 4 miles.
    Calories ? YES
    Tracked? YES

Pass Days 2/3

It gets tough as month ends but in the winner circle!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    30th October
    3 x Yes. Ate very little as my tummy was not feeling wonderful, but I walked for maybe an hour. I was examining in Toulouse, but a lot of the candidates had dropped out, so I had time to go and see my partner's son, who is stationed there for the next two years and has a great apartment bang in the centre of town. Toulouse has a beautiful old town centre, so I walked around there, on my own and with Max.
    Logging was a synch as I 'had eaten so little!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe Picture to treasure! Wonderful!