Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
uu3v74n788sh.png

Here is your Team chat room for November 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee will be putting your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. Also please feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly/monthly challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant for my small church and a volunteer teacher in our children’s ministry.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and getting closer every day, but the struggle is real and ongoing. My primary diet is low carb and I’m involved in something called Data Driven Fasting that is run by Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition. You can Google if interested and please feel free to ask me.
    I also enjoy working out and doing Beachbody on Demand programs and I walk on my treadmill. For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, watch TV, and play with my dog.
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

zm8rwbw0vofy.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 You are most welcome! Thanks, it should be fun! :) I'm sorry about you not being able to go to your aunt's party. Carving pumpkins with the nephews sounds fun. That's fun that you worked out to scary music.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so very sorry about your husband. I hope he recovers quickly.

@stanlfink Congrats on the loss! What a great way to start off. I think COVID really messed with a lot of people/is messing with a lot of people. You are in good company!

@krea4 That's great that you figured out your triggers. You made some good progress! And congrats on finishing the month strong. :D

Hello all. I will go ahead and do my introduction. I am one of the Slimpossibles' Team Motivators. I live in southern California with my husband. I'm originally from the midwest, specifically Ohio. I was on WW for many, many years but recently decided I had gained all I could from that program so now, I am counting calories. I hate to exercise but we have recently purchased a Tonal, which is an in-home gym system using magnetic weights and tension. On it, you can do pretty much all the exercises you would do at a gym and I absolutely love it. I spend what little spare time I have reading, doing artwork and photography, and watching movies. I also love to cook and have over 6,000 recipes, pretty much anything you'd want, so if you need recipes, please let me know. I'm happy to post them!

Saturday check-in: I was expecting a gain this morning as I went to Colorado to visit my best friend last weekend so when I saw a loss, I was incredibly grateful. I have a lot to do today/tonight: I am having a mini-Halloween party tonight. It will be me and my husband and my sister-in-law. We will be in costumes watching scary movies and eating appetizers. We will have "Vampire's Kiss Martinis". It should be really fun. Here's a picture of one of the appetizers I am making:

k3xn60ihmjv8.png

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am finally back!
    Long story short, July to Oct are the busiest at work (I feel like I work 24/7) & I come out stressed and more pounds to lose. In the last 4 months I gainedt 16 pounds, need to lose them to get back to June weight then start over again.

User: RYcare
    Weight day: Saturday
    CW: 248.2
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Newbie here - my name is Rita and I live in the small village of Hoo in Kent, U.K. I live with my hubby of nearly 50 years, have two wonderful grown up kids and three beautiful granddaughters.

Have battled with my weight ‘forever’ and have continually yo-yo’d up and down with the pounds - but never permanently give up aiming for that elusive goal LOL.

I love walking and since the pandemic have worked out along with U-tube videos. I’m not a fan of flex or strength exercises as I get bored quickly.

So my first check in (30 October)
    User: Rigibann
    Weigh day: Saturday
    SW: 172.5
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,050 Member
    Options
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi all new comers. This is an awesome group of people we have in this group.

Hi I’m Tammy and am 53 yrs old. I have two grown boys age 27 and 25 with two beautiful grandkids. I live in Ontario Canada. I have been married twice the last being the charmer lol. I have caught with my weight all my adult life and have been on more fad diets than u can shake a stick at. This app and this group have saved my life. The support on here is amazing whether I’m having a horrible time of it or doing great.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @RYcare Welcome back! You've got this.

@Rigibann Welcome to the team! :D Walking is great exercise. What kind of YouTube exercise do you like to do? Have you ever done any Leslie Sansone walking YouTube videos? Those are great.

@Firefly743 @bgame4 Congrats on the losses!

@TheGlwUp Never give up, hang in there. You are doing great. This is just a blip on the graph of your weight loss journey.

@krea4 Wow, that's fantastic! What a great NSV. Congrats!

@Cornanda Wowee! Congratulations. That must feel great! Woo hoo! Thank you re: the headaches and the loss. ;)

Hello all. I had a great time last night. I didn't eat much, just one small appetizer plate of food. We had a drink called a Vampire's Kiss which was good. I'm going for a walk this morning with a friend, it should be nice. I need to eat something before I go because after the walk, I am donating blood. Here are some pics from last night.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

7632thq9hv40.jpg
    c2b0vxwauwky.jpg
    fodkqeb5efaa.jpg
    1l3vsmp7gxvx.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Congratulations, @Cornanda !!!!

008x9xw1sixa.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 269
    C. W. 269
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA I have been planning bachelorette party, bridal shower, and helping with wedding planning with my best friend. On top of doing halloween crafts and events with my kids so it's been hectic this month.

I'm Jessica, I have lost 52 lbs since January 2021, I have been slowing on the weight loss the past couple months but I'm looking to lose that last 10-15 lbs.
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jwhitegarcia
    PW:144
    CW:146
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 148.2
    CW. 146.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Winners.gif

Hard to believe October is essentially over! You can find all of the results at the links below:

October Week Four Results
    October Grand Finale Results

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...

Last Week
    al7xhq7w3vxk.png

October
    we3ooflugjz9.png

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:160.8
    CW: 157.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,050 Member
    Options
    Hi MS's ....You have another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @Marmelade75689 :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 66.20kg 145.9lbs
    CW: 65.05kg  143.4

Just shows what I can lose when I stop snacking!
This discussion has been closed.