November 4

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman
    "snaccident" I love it!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    @jamcnewman
    "snaccident" I love it!

Lol me too! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    4th Nov 2021
    Timely topic for me @jamcnewman and great post!!! This month for me is all about honestly tracking my grazing calories. Now there are many times I pick at food and guesstimate it or dnt track it cos I rationalise the behaviour by telling myself that I dnt count my exercise calories or I hve calories left over so it shld be fine. Last night I cut a piece of my fave cake for hubby and i as a treat. I measured out my 100g with a side of low fat ice cream but found myself mindlessly picking at the whole cake! It wasn't a great deal of picking but wen i reflect on wat I was doing and thinking at the time, I was basically cheating as i didnt weigh as I knew it wld put me over my calories. Pretty sneaky right! Ha ha! So yesterday will be a big fat pass for me. The good news is I will learn from this experience.. I hve learnt my will power is at its lowest at night time so I am going to measure out my 100g this morning and hve hubby come with me to grab it from the fridge so I dnt pick at his or the rest of the cake while prepping it. I hve also learnt cake and lasagne are the 2 foods that i hve no self control over.. I just cant help but pick at it! Sounds crazy I know but if I want to hve my cake and eat it too I need to ensure I am putting strategies in place were I dnt fail. Picking at a cake while prepping it is such a waste of a pass!!! Xox

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    Options
    4th Nov 2021
    Timely topic for me @jamcnewman and great post!!! This month for me is all about honestly tracking my grazing calories. Now there are many times I pick at food and guesstimate it or dnt track it cos I rationalise the behaviour by telling myself that I dnt count my exercise calories or I hve calories left over so it shld be fine. Last night I cut a piece of my fave cake for hubby and i as a treat. I measured out my 100g with a side of low fat ice cream but found myself mindlessly picking at the whole cake! It wasn't a great deal of picking but wen i reflect on wat I was doing and thinking at the time, I was basically cheating as i didnt weigh as I knew it wld put me over my calories. Pretty sneaky right! Ha ha! So yesterday will be a big fat pass for me. The good news is I will learn from this experience.. I hve learnt my will power is at its lowest at night time so I am going to measure out my 100g this morning and hve hubby come with me to grab it from the fridge so I dnt pick at his or the rest of the cake while prepping it. I hve also learnt cake and lasagne are the 2 foods that i hve no self control over.. I just cant help but pick at it! Sounds crazy I know but if I want to hve my cake and eat it too I need to ensure I am putting strategies in place were I dnt fail. Picking at a cake while prepping it is such a waste of a pass!!! Xox

Oh, you are not alone Donna — I should have been named Garfield. 😻 (Bet your favourite cake is delicious too.)

hf4d14ytfy4p.gif

Grazing is a big challenge for many of us, and I know you have had a variety of strategies to address it (I liked the idea of the grazing container 💡). Pre-measuring and knowing it is waiting for you sounds like a great approach!