Welcome! Nice to meet you

Options
124»

Replies

• oolala53
    oolala53 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Late to the party. I’m not sure how this will work but I’m trying it out. I was on Spark since 2007. I’ve been in maintenance for years but somehow I feel I have to think about this stuff even though I don’t really see myself relapsing terribly. I guess I mostly want to support others that it is doable to find some kind of reasonable, workable movement and eating plan for vitality.
  • JacquelynLewis1
    JacquelynLewis1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I was Jacquelyn-L-Fit on spark people. I had lost quite a bit of weight and at 182 down from 272 in just 5 months before I got my breast cancer diagnosis. At that point I was dealing with a lot of emotional trauma and got sucked into a nasty bit of depression. But on a positive note... I am 4 years cancer free and a survivor.

Now back to why I tried to go back to so. November 9th I weighed in at 268 and that was the catalyst for me. I hadn't gained it all back but... it was close enough.. I decided to do something about it. So I went to spark people and found spark america... what in the world did they do?!?! I don't live in any of those cities.. I live 40 miles out in the country... no community support? Uh yeah c'ya... so I went to my fitbit community... still not the same.. blah!

One of the ladies made a post about joining challenges.. which were instrumental in my jouney.. I can be a tad competitive you see...

So.. here I am.. I'm down to 248 as of today.. so 20 pounds lighter.. my next big goal is to get rid of the 2 and swap it for a one .. I know I can do it.. it's just better with support. So thank you for allowing me to join you on this journey...
  • losedapoundsfromspark
    Options
    Hello. I miss sparkpeople. I was losedapounds there as well. I have lost more weight since then, but still have anywhere from 5-9 pounds left to get to a normal BMI-depending on what day I weigh in.
  • catholiccorgi
    catholiccorgi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined SP in 2010 and was pretty active until life happened and I stopped participating about 2 years ago. SP worked for me, and when I began having issues with health when the pandemic hit, I considered rejoining SP. Being the procrastinator I am, I just found out SP has transitioned into something new. I have used MFP for a couple of years just as a food tracker, so I thought I’d see what this community was like. SP was fun and creative.
    I’ve never been very computer savvy, so I’m not sure how this all works here. I wear a Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit has at least kept me moving over the years.
    So, here I am. I was catholiccorgi on SP.
  • lindataggartme
    lindataggartme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was MinaTheRed on SP. I lost over 100 lbs, then stopped using SP and gained it all back. I went to use it again and was shocked to find it had shut down. Google tells me this is the best replacement app, but rebuilding that community is going to be hard. I hope all are well and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • cranenicky6457
    cranenicky6457 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. Welcome. You are just in time to join the Biggest Loser challenge, registration closes on Tuesday. It’s for ex Spark People, now on mfp. Can’t advise about groups, as I’m in the ‘maintenance’ group. But I guess they are all supportive.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team
    I found it a bit difficult to find my way around registration, but it was worth persevering. It might be the challenge and support that will help you get back on track.
  • F8Cone8
    F8Cone8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was on SparkPeople forever and loved using it. I am now in a spot and am returning to mfp to help get out of this horrible jam I am in. To make a long story short I recently had a TIA that lasted about 6 hours before it cleared. I was scheduled for hip replacement the next week but because of the TIA I have had to wait 3 months. I can barely walk so I know eating habits must be changed. I am type 2 diabetic and old, over 70, so this is a challenge. I'm looking for encouragement. I don't want a full blown stroke and I know that lifestyle will help.