• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 40 min of Jazzercise and a 5 mile walk/
    X Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today

5 Pass days used

Family all came over to the AirBnB to look through old family photographs and to divvy them up. Didn't make a ton of progress, but it was fun for everyone to see the old pictures of relatives (and quite a few unknown people). Luckily my MIL has a wonderful memory for faces and names.

Although my daughters and I made dinner for everyone, the calories consumed were just too much. I can't wait to get back home to my scales.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 34 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    pass day
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, stretching and a lot of movement getting ready for travel and early holiday celebrations.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats @slimtastesbetter on the AG 1st WOW!!! You are amazing! Way to go!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    pass day

Waving "hi!"
  • BMcC9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    yes for 3
    0/3 pass days

Came close. Made sugar cookies... First time in forever. Turned on the cookie monster. Stopped before I hurt myself.

Well DONE!!! (I TOTALLY understand how a truly good sugar cookie recipe can do that. I have one of the BEST gathering dust on my shelf 'cause it is TOOOOOOOOO good! (and even in my childhood I could tell the difference between (a) that one <3<3<3 (b) other home-baked ones (that were decent-but-not-good-enough) :| and (c) commercial slice&bake sugar cookie dough :s or commercial boxed version :s:s )
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    This is a long standing favorite. There is just something like you said about the beauty of a simple sugar cookie. @BMcC9
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    Awww, thank you @WhatMeRunning! ☺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Dec 11
    ✅✅✅
    12.1K multiple climb hike - wild turkeys, bunny, Mountain View’s, bay views

• BMcC9
    Options
    OK, here's a question before I actually post for the day ..... I am trying to get a handle on the BMR / TDEE thing (and breaking the MFP-thinking thing of many many many years' standing)

According to The Formula provided in the Topic opener of "How did you pick your Daily calorie goal number", the maintenance calorie level for my target top-of-range (5 or 6 pounds away) is ~1388 (assuming sedentary lifestyle and before intentional activity / exercise).

I set my MFP daily range to 1250 (being now stalled out at plus-or-minus 143 while set to 1300 - finding it hard to eat as much as that lately, and started to be not as active as I was through Nov, first week of dec)

Today I ate 1295 cals, and with fitbit activity credits for just-over 6050 steps, I am 13 cals in he red. IF I also log my morning session of 51 mins / 365 cals burned on my exercise bike this morning, MFP "Yells at me" for not even breaking 1000 cals net. (which makes me nervous)

Do I put the biking back in the exercise log and ignore the level of deficit? Make a note in the exercise log so that I know I am not REALLY "over by 13 even though the Food Diary says I am" ? Do enough extra steps so that the fitbit activity credits put me back in the green? (given that I am only 13 cals shy that would be do-able)
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? Yes!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @BMcC9

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would put it in What's on Your Mind, so more people see it and answer. I think it's a good question for discussion.