dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I dont think I posted yday, but yes times 3 for the 16th
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @ideas2 that is indeed a life victory, way to go!!! 👍😎

Yes, it's true that many cardiovascular related diseases can all be symptoms brought on by an extended and unhealthy and obese lifestyle. Cholesterol, blood pressure, insulin resistance, all related. You have probably added an automatic 10 years to your lifespan!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9
    Great suggestions, thanks! I do have one of those step benches sitting in my garage.... that could be a way of moving in place without feeling like I'm "walking without going anywhere". Great idea to make my TV time purposeful!

I'll have to try some of these YouTube videos you and @jamcnewman are mentioning
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    And with a step bench, you have more scope for varying the stepping (high knees or hamstring curls or side leg lifts or be sideways to the bench and step on-over-down the other side. And add in arm movements etc.

The Rebock Step class (that started it all) is on youtube just to give you ideas of variations you could be doing (personally I liked it and the emphasis on form better than lots of later "more like dancing" versions.

The only things to remember are:
    • this is an endurance thing - slower but steady - and you WILL feel it. Don't try to go too fast!
    • don't forget to change lead foot regularly (the leg that leads does the heavy lift-up) It can be as often as every 4-count or multiple there-of. eg Right On-Left On-Right Right Off - Left Tap. Left On Right On Left Off Right Tap Repeat.
    • if you get tired or lose your rhythm, just march in place at the same pace - catch your breath, sort yourself out, then start stepping up again.

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Pass day 3 today.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are pretty much given as pass days so I'm hoping I can keep it to 5 or 6 rather than 10 this month.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Late to post but yes, yes and yes
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I last posted on the 15th???? Today is the 20th??? What the heck? Where did those days go? Okay... good thing I keep track, huh? Not that I've done well the past week.

12/16/2021
    Exercise? Close, but no cigar.
    Track? Yes
    Calories? Nope
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3