Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,242 Member
    Options
    It's 28 with a high of 52 for today. Axe Sharpening: At some point, you gotta get tired of sitting on the sidelines and get in the game.~~~Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Flashlight Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.~~~unknown Motivational quote for today: Stop the overthinking and watch how easily the good vibes will overflow.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,722 steps yesterday. Taking a few days rest as I felt a sinus cold coming on yesterday.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the information on Ei. I decided to look things up online and found out that my BIL is not very bright sometimes. We have to wait about 10 days for some mail to continue the process. Hopefully the government process it quickly so we can get to the application. So that turned out to be one less thing to do today. No standing in a long line just to access the building. Dakoda's dentist appointment went quick. Should have know what the issue is based on symptoms. He has TMJ/TMD. Needs braces but doesn't have coverage so he needs to decide how to proceed on that. Also today was weigh-in. Lost 0.25 lbs! Such a wonderful surprise. Glad the scale understood and agreed with my request to be nice and only have a small gain LoL 🤣.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,153 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, LOLOL Okay because we both know I LOVE LOVE the winter though the coughing gets quite bad. I think it was @Katiecondy1 who explained it, about the cold air to the chest/lungs and wearing a mask can help, so I'll want to try the mask, outside, though in general LOL the mask even inside makes it harder to breathe. Your weather today, is the same type we are having tomorrow, freezing rain only it lasts for 12ish hours. They aren't saying power outages, but "just in case" I'm prepared. Even if it's not heavy on the lines, all it takes is a car/truck hitting a pole. Though yes shorts are fun!!! Cool that you try to be in them,, well inside year round.
    @Bookienj,,,,, OH I LOVE it!! Hehehehe we know this!! I do NOT though love the ice of tomorrow. I didn't want to cancel the foot appointment tomorrow for my feet. But driving on ice and walking on it, just is never that great of a thing to do. Or not for me!!
    @wallahalla LOLOL SO FUNNY how many times we get the words wrong to a song. I know I have so many times and STILL DO!!
    @Golfma4 ,,,I was pleased with my scale today until I realized "OH FOOL You FORGOT TO EAT!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA That's so RARE I forget to eat!! It's usually a HOBBY!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the information on Ei. I decided to look things up online and found out that my BIL is not very bright sometimes. We have to wait about 10 days for some mail to continue the process. Hopefully the government process it quickly so we can get to the application. So that turned out to be one less thing to do today. No standing in a long line just to access the building. Dakoda's dentist appointment went quick. Should have know what the issue is based on symptoms. He has TMJ/TMD. Needs braces but doesn't have coverage so he needs to decide how to proceed on that. Also today was weigh-in. Lost 0.25 lbs! Such a wonderful surprise. Glad the scale understood and agreed with my request to be nice and only have a small gain LoL 🤣.

I used to work there, before I retired, I can tell you that many files were not able to be processed by the computer because of missing information, that ment an agent like myself had to do them, and beleive me if info is missing, they don't get done in timely manor. Also last I worked there, they urged people not to wait for missing information like the ROE to apply but like I said I no longer work there and the rules do change. I hope everything works out ok!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I am still waiting for the freezing rain, I hope we don't get it but today there was an update stating that they have opened up a few thousand beds so folks, the homeless and that can come in out of the cold, so they expect this cold snap to be around for a while. I am fortunate and thankful I have a roof over my head and I lots to eat. Yes a mask can be hard to breath with on but you can get a mouth guard to wear underneith it to give you breathing space, I have one for my fabric masks but the disposable ones I am ok using them, unless I exert myself too much. Then I might be in trouble and have to slow down, is that what happens with you?
    We have many restrictions again with various places closed effective tomorrow like gyms, dance studios, etc. Events can only be at 50% capacity with fully vacinated - so the NHL cancelled all hockey games till after the 25th. The NHL numbers are getting high again amung the players.
    Time to go get some dancing done, have a good afternoon everyone.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    g1m9xp8vvqv9.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,153 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Nice to not to go and stand in a line!! WOOHOO to that!! Oh my braces are $$$$ hopefully something can be worked out. I like the align braces idea, but I've not looked into it. My teeth are such a mess from meds, well they "look ok" per say, but that's cause they aren't real. WOOHOO YEAH YEAH on the weight loss especially at this time of year!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, Hopefully you'll have rain, but only time will tell for the both of us!! Like you, I am so very very grateful that I too have a home, and I am nice and warm. I turned my heat down tonight, and am so grateful I have the opportunity to do so. So many do not have this. Tonight will be so hard on those who choose to camp out due to homelessness and so many are. The shelter in Portland is one huge one, many hate it and will not stay there. Our city sends/takes the homeless there also, as do the towns around Portland. ITs so sad. Tonight they said in our area the average age for death for most is 70 something, but for the homeless 50.

I do have the plastic guards to put in the masks, it's still hard, I am not sure why. I know the CHF makes things hard, my Dr had started to look at my lungs, but things got dropped when the heart Dr got involved saying instead of looking at the lungs in the way she was,, the heart Dr wanted another part looked at, but the paperwork got all messed up. I see the heart Dr, but not til the end of March, unless I call to go in and well as in other areas, it's so out of control here!! YO IS IT EVER!! Hence like many of us I am putting things off if it can be. LOL I am in the Dr's almost weekly as it is. Yesterday another skin cancer spot was scraped and than burned. Strange when one becomes used to this and jokes almost the whole time. Really doesn't hurt, they numb it well.

Everyone PLEASE be cautious when you are out and about, with loved ones etc.

@wallahalla ,,,, Your cartoon reminds me of this. I was in FL visiting my Dad and Mum (Step Mum she was so awesome!). Dad had taken us to a strawberry festival (YUMMY) on the way home,, about 90 mins, his GPS was going crazy because he ignored the instructions "GO LEFT!! GO LEFT!! GO LEFT on ,,, " well Dad got mad and said "SHUT UP!" Mum started to laugh, asked him why did he say that. Dad "I DO NOT SOME WOMAN TELLING ME WHERE TO GO!!" Well Mom and I burst out laughing so hard!! My Dad was a very good patience guy and good to woman. So Mum said "We can change the voice to a male." Dad "THAT'S EVEN WORSE!" HAHAHAHA I think of this ride EVERY SINGLE TIME my phone tells me "TAKE A LEFT AT" Oh Google is the WORSE!! IT HAD to of been programed by a male, because it NEVER SAYS "Turn around." and well Maine is a very rural state, so if I get lose or turned backwards and not in the area I live, it's GOING to send me at LEAST 20 MILES out of my way instead of staying (once it THOUGHT it'd send me 30 MILES OUT OF MY WAY) "Turn around" thankfully I know to keep an eye on it, by pulling over or into someone's driveway til I figure it out.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Dropping in to say good night folks, before I toss treats to Amigo who is wanting them lol Have a good night and a safe morning tomorrow.
  • MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Good morning, hope you enjoy the day!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,242 Member
    Options
    It's 29 with a high of 56 for today. Axe Sharpening: You have the opportunity to get better each and every day. Whether that happens is entirely up to the actions you take.~~Collin Stark 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Date Nut Bread Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Be proud of the person you have become. But strive every day to become even better regardless of what people think or say.~~~Joey Swoll gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: What you think, you become. So, think positive.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and has 10,695 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is truck unload this morning.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning, we did not get freezing rain, I was awake at midnight and peaked out - nope no freezing rain and no snow, which is fine by me, I can keep wearing my runners LOL
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I will pass on the lobster, as I am highly illergic to most shellfishes thanks in part to a bad prawn I had eaten and gotten very sick from - so best to stay away from that. Did you all get your freezing rain ?
    I hope you all are doing ok and are taking some me time to just chill and enjoy the moment. Taking a breather is important if we feel we are stressing. I like to sit and watch birds in the trees, or just chill to some good music and such. Talk to you all later !
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Yes, I live in Hawaii and I've been here for about 26 years. But I was born in Illinois and I've also lived in Rhode Island and Alaska. Snow is beautiful when fresh and you don't have to do much out in it. Now I'm here in a warm climate to stay! My adult children come to visit me in the winter to get away from the snow and cold. My old bones can't tolerate it much below 68, which is what it is early this morning. Fortunately, it will be back into mid-high 80s by 10:00. :D I've been working here as a professor, only retired from the college 3 months ago. Not sure I like retirement yet LOL
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Got my booster yesterday at Walmart. My mask must say “talk to me” because I talked to one man who just had covid 10 days who getting his booster and one man who is 80/a Vietnam vet who is really upset that covid is still around-getting his booster. Anyway last night my body started reacting to the booster. I have had the chills, headache and felt nauseous. Just like last time. Hoping symptoms leave suddenly like last time. We leave tomorrow night for Maryland.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw I am sorry about the ice. Probably a good idea that you canceled. My daughter was supposed to have a dermatologist appointment-we changed it due to an after school commitment-after school thing got canceled-oh well now she gets to go on Valentine’s Day!
    @LindieMaeP -aw sorry about the restrictions. We don’t have any yet-got a notice from school that said it will be in person unless staffing issues or d.o.h shuts it down.
  • wallahalla
    Options
    Wow! That is lovely!!!
  • wallahalla
    Options
    muo6se8iyi8i.jpg
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say hi! We arrived at our daughters about an hour an a half ago and got everything unloaded. Our Rogue was packed so it's a good thing there were only two passengers! We had some snow at home this morning but it had stopped. However about 30 minutes south we hit some snow and traffic was moving slowly until we were out of it. The rest of the way was clear dry roads and sun/cloud. Our daughter SIL and GS went to see a relative but will be back soon I imagine. Hubby and I found a snack and are just chilling until they return. We're doing dinner tomorrow night which also happens to be our anniversary but I'm not sure how the rest of the week will go as our daughter is working Christmas Eve and Day for at least a while. At some point we'll sort everything out.
    Enjoy your evening and if I don't make it back the next few days:
    nrpmd810ek3n.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Mostly sunny with flurries. Nothing was sticking though. Didn't end up working today and didn't find out till I showed up. We live 2 doors down she could have told me ahead of time. So I am on vacation from there till the new year. My crafting is almost done. Hoping to have them done by tomorrow night. Also made 2 batches of cranberry sauce (1reg and 1 diet). Also prepped most of the ingredients for my Christmas pudding (steamed carrot pudding). Also played cards as Hubby requested.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,478 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. My daughter says hello. We spent the day at the museum and we both really enjoyed it. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I got in lots of walking and stair climbing today and I feel great! I just finished dancing a while ago. Take care and stay safe, everyone.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My week so far-Monday pantry hour nap then off to work second, Tuesday got to Jen’s at 8am and baked cookies until 130pm then off to work second, Right now at 904pm I am still baking cookies!!!! So today I was up by 615am, took shower then cleaned litter box moved stuff to back room to make room for my tree that will go up tomorrow. I’ve decided that I will do ALL my decorting tomorrow instead of baking cookies. I have to work 2nd again tomorrow but then stay up until 10am Friday. WHY!!! Because I have to be at work 630pm and work until 630am Saturday and that is the ONLY way I will be able to sleep!!! Bad news is when I get off at 630 I have to stay up until 10am again for same hours to work Saturday. I thought I would be ok to sleep when I got home Sunday but Tarona wants to switch and I work second Sunday and she work my second Monday. Yes I will be one tired lady after working 40hrs in four days. I will be leaving here by 1030pm and hope to be in bed by 1130 after removing Christmas tree from top of car!!!! I will sleep great tonight

I just finished this after starting at 904pm still baking

This why I have not been posting