Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Wednesdays
    PW: 230.6
    CW: 231.4
    LTD: 16.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda That sounds like an interesting article. I do have an NSV journal but it's been a while since I added to it. I need to get back to that. Daisy is very tiny. Thanks, we love her to pieces! Just have to get the potty training under control. I would like it if things would settle down. Yay for working out! Good balance: salads and cookies, enjoy! :)

@TeresaW1020 Yes! Well, I already got my present, the Tonal, and Daisy. But my husband said he got me something small that should be here by Christmas. I am really not in the Christmas spirit. Your rings are beautiful! I can only imagine how much they sparkle under good light. Well done! I'm sure you will get it all figured out and it will be good to get that behind you.

@Katmary71 I love broccoli and brussels sprouts. I'm glad to know they are in season now! Thanks, I love that sweater too! I'm so glad you got your ex out!!! Yay!!! I'm sorry it was rough in the end, he should have been a gentleman and left months ago. The kitties are so cute! You make me want to wear my kitty sweater today, maybe I will!

Hi all. It doesn't feel very Christmasy with my BIL still in the hospital and then once they do release him, he will be in a skilled care facility for a while. Nobody is in the mood to celebrate anything so we aren't. The only joy right now is little Daisy. I'm glad we have her. She's really funny. I gained a little bit this week. It wasn't a surprise. I've got so much on my mind but I do need to start taking care of myself, too. My highest weight is creeping up on me. Time to put the brakes on.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/19
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5433
    Water: 96

Date: 12/20
    logged food: no
    Steps : 7778

Date: 12/21
    logged food: no
    Steps : 7868
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 @trooworld - I don't write in my journal all the time, but when I'm struggling I re read parts of it and journal my thoughts if I need to. It's helped me sort things out when I'm having trouble. If you decide to use one, let me know and we can support each other.

@TeresaW1020 - your rings are gorgeous! I'm sorry that your hub will be in the hospital for New Years, but you are right- this needs to get done asap. I will keep praying for you both. Hugs to you.

@Katmary71- so glad Mr JerkFace is gone! I hope you have a nice holiday with your family. Good for you keeping up with workouts through all this stress.

@trooworld - It sucks that you are not feeling the holiday spirit this year, but understandable considering your BIL. Maybe you can snuggle up in that beautiful sweater, turn on a Christmas flick and get away from your troubles for a bit. That might be holiday enough for this year. Hugs to you.

I ate two cookies yesterday, but promised myself no more until 12/24. So far I've kept that promise. Daughter and I baked sugar cookies today which we will frost. We all love these cookies and they are a treat. I know I can count on my dear ones to have them all gone in just a couple of days, so it will be a short lived temptation.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I love Brussels sprouts too! I plan to make a big batch in my air fryer as part of our Christmas dinner. And yeah, they and broccoli give me gas, but it’s worth it! :D I am so happy that you are finally free from your ex. What a great Christmas gift for yourself. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. <3

@trooworld I am so sorry that your BIL is still in the hospital. Are you able to visit him? I imagine the hospital are even stricter in California than they are here, and we are only allowed one visitor per day. Our pastor gets a special pass so he will be able to visit hubby, which is good because those two are best buddies. I’m glad that Daisy is giving you joy, and I know it’s hard to get into the Christmas spirit, but I hope you will find a spark or two before the big day get’s here. <3

@Cornanda I do plan to start using a journal and like you, I won’t write it in all the time, but it would be good to have something to look back on. I like the idea of us supporting each other. :) I loved frosted sugar cookies. It’s one of my favorite memories from when I was a kid and when my daughter was little. Have one for me! ;)

Hi Team! I went to work today and did the bookkeeping. I am getting better at it, which is good because it looks like I will be on my own by the third week in January. Yikes!! :o Afterward, I stayed and cleaned most of the church. I need to go back in the morning to finish up and to set up the candles for our Christmas Eve service. I told hubby that when I come home, I’m going to start putting up our Christmas decorations. I have so much, and I want it all done and put away by Sunday at the latest. Then on Monday, I will go up to the church and do what I can there to pack up the decorations. I just need it all done and both places put back in order before hubby goes into the hospital. :/ I’m also going to take the next couple of weeks off from working out. I may do some stretching or take a treadmill walk when I can, but I’m not putting that pressure on me. As for my eating, it will be what it is. I’m not going to use this as an excuse but I’m also not going to worry too much about it. I start that macro class on January 8th so I’m looking for that date to be my official restart of the great weight loss of 2022. :grin:
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: lose4me71
    Cw: 299.3
    Weigh day: Wednesday
  • trooworld
    Options
    @murdog3t Great job with the exercise!

@Cornanda I always mean to write in a journal (I use the journal website called Penzu) but I forget to do so. Do you have any tips for getting started? Thank you, I'm definitely depressed right now. I do need to watch one of those Hallmark Christmas movies that I enjoy so much. I think I like them because everything ends up perfect and nobody dies lol. Great job with the cookies!

@TeresaW1020 No, I am not. He's only allowed 2 visitors a day and that is taken up by his siblings and mother. That's great that your pastor was able to visit your hubby. Thanks. Oh gosh, it seems like just yesterday you said you were taking over the bookkeeping! I'm sure you will do great though. You have a lot on your mind, it makes sense to take a break for a little while.

Hi all. Well, the blues are upon me in full effect. I left work early to come work from home because I just couldn't function in the office. Just the weight of everything was too much for me yesterday so I came home and did a little work with sweet Daisy on my lap. I'm hoping today will be better. I only have to work until 10:45 and then I'm going to the dentist and then off.

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135.4
    CW: 135.0
    Sorry for the long ramble coming.

There’s no parking next to the building at work and the public parking is 10 minutes away. This short walk in the morning would be perfectly fine, except for the terrible wind tunnel which makes me walk in the building cranky 3 seasons of the year. I’m more on the optimist side of the coin and firmly believe in a solution for most problems, so when I noticed this pattern about 2y ago, after getting annoyed at myself for allowing something so little to rattle me many mornings, I got a notebook and wrote down my frustrations and random ideas. The key turned to be to stop only when the talk got to flowers and butterflies 😁. I looked back the other day and it’s pretty inconsistent in frequency, tone or number of pages per day, but since I’m rambling away it feels like I’m seeing it for the first time.
    I strongly recommend you try the avalanche-style writing, if nothing else it can save some big bad words staying in instead of spilling out. But in my experience it calms the mind and soothes the soul- most times.

Thinking to all of you courageous enough to share your pain and your worries and wish you strength, health, love and happiness now and into the new year!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    I love this group sooo much. <3

@TeresaW1020 - I know you are a take charge kind of lady, so just throwing this out there..... Can you recruit any helpers from church to assist in taking down the decorations there? You have a tough week coming up and it's OK to ask for help. You have an excellent plan in place to take care of yourself during the upcoming stress. Now try to enjoy the next couple days before it all sets in. Hugs and prayers to you.

@trooworld If the weather is nice this weekend see if you can take a little walk with Dear Daisy or just sit outside. Sunshine and fresh air are super helpful to me when I am down. Hang in there girl! Hugs and prayers to you too.

@GabiV125 @trooworld @TeresaW1020 - I loooovvveee the avalanche method for journaling. I think the reason people don't journal is because they want it to be perfect. And if it's not perfect, you just don't. That's not the point. Since I use journaling to help define my feelings, I often just sit down when I'm feeling upset or like I'm not making progress and start scribbling. Sometimes after I've blurted out some stuff I can start to make sense of it and organize it into logic. Logic bombs can diffuse my emotions and help me see truth. Sometimes I need to come back to it later. I've learned that often I tell myself negative things that are not actually true, so I will use a "truth detector" on these thoughts and see if they make sense. I also wrote down reasons I want to lose weight, distractions for when I am tempted, quotes that motivate me, things I'm interested in researching or trying. Sometimes I just read over those. I have a separate anxiety journal that I use for things that upset me. I scribble stuff, analyze it. Sometimes later when I am over something I will rip out the pages and shred them. Both of my journals are old half used notebooks. I think the key here is "JUST DO IT"

@GabiV125 I'm a pessimist, but now I'm intrigued that I could improve my outlook with some avalanche journaling. Thank you.

As @GabiV125 said- I appreciate that we are sharing true feelings and I wish all health, strength and happiness over the holidays and in the new year.

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @trooworld - I'm not trying to suggest that sunshine and a walk can fix everything. Hope it didn't sound like that.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sending you a BIG virtual ((((hug)))) that your mood will lift and you will feel better soon. I know it’s super hard right now, so just hang in there and try to be good to yourself and those around you that you love. Especially to that sweet Daisy, who seems to have come into your life at the perfect time. <3

@GabiV125 Your rant wasn’t that long and it was full of great advice! The avalanche style of writing is a great idea and I think I attempted that this morning when I for the first time in almost four years opened up my journal and let my thoughts and emotions just flow. And I did feel better for doing it! :)

@Cornanda Thanks for your excellent advice on getting some help. I did reach out to my pastor’s wife who plans to join me on Monday to help. Then she will get her husband and sons to come help take down the trees and garland. You are right that the key to journaling is just to do it and I’m so thankful that we are all having this discussion! I love this group too! <3<3

Hi Team! I went and finished the church cleaning and got everything ready for our Christmas Eve candlelight service tomorrow evening. Afterward, I went to the CVS in Target to get my booster shot. The store and the traffic were insane!! I have to run to the grocery store tomorrow and I plan to get out of here by 8 am. I don’t want to be near retail on Christmas Eve on a Friday. :# Like trooworld, I have a Penzu account where I used to journal. I opened up it today and haven’t written in it since I lost my daughter back in February 2018. So, I devoted one small paragraph to what has happened in the last four years and then launched into the here and now. It felt good to write and I really plan to try to keep it up. I also find it very therapeutic to have this group as a safe place to talk about my feelings. I hope you all feel the same. :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 183.8
    CW: 184.2
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Lots of holiday stress going on, so I'll get caught up with the posts when I can. Hugs to everyone!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 262
    CW: 263
    LTD: 37

• Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171
    CW: 173.9

:(:(:(
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all!

@TeresaW1020 - I'm so glad you asked for some help and I'm glad you journaled. I knew you lost your daughter, but did not know it was that recent. I'm so sorry. You are a strong and courageous lady and those traits will carry you through the next couple weeks.

Lisa
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all and happy holidays.
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW:209.4
    CW:208.1
  • trooworld
    Options
    @GabiV125 I had never heard of the avalanche style of writing but I'll look it up. Thanks and have a nice Christmas if you celebrate!

@Cornanda I do, too! <3 The weather is supposed to be terrible for So Cal: rain all through Christmas, maybe even on Sunday a bit. But if it clears up at all, I will go outside for a while with little Daisy! No, you didn't sound like that! :) The perfection thing: I struggle with that in my art. I am a perfectionist in all areas of my life but nowhere stronger than in my art. You inspire me to start journaling again.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Hug back at ya! <3 Daisy did come into our lives at the perfect time, you are right: just yesterday my hubby said to her, "I'm glad you are in our lives" and he said that when he's down, and that's been a lot lately, that he just thinks of Daisy's wiggly butt and it makes him happy. <3 Yeah, I have to go to the grocery store in a few minutes and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm glad you started journaling again. I am going to, too. I do feel this is a safe place and I'm grateful for it.

@davidji82 Happy Holidays!

Hi all. I'm about to go to the store for Christmas dinner stuff: lasagna and garlic bread ingredients. My husband and I always make either lasagna or enchiladas for Christmas dinner and this year, it's Italian.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @broncobuddee I completely forgot to weigh in yesterday. Please give me a NWI or just keep the same as last week. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.