Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,488 Member
    Options
    @Catnurse1 ,,, Good way of helping S though what could be a rough time, and no doubt the others have more fun. LOVE THE SUNSET/RISE PIC!! That's so cool.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,677 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! It's a mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all of you! Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! We had a great Christmas 🌲 with my parents yesterday. I've been for a walk in the morning and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper. Perhaps we will play a game of monopoly with my parents later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Patti3563
    Patti3563 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Have team invitations gone out yet for the winter challenge? I'm still confused on how this works on MFP and hope I didn't miss something important! Thanks!
  • gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Me too, Patti. I'm used to getting notifications via my email, but with the MFP platform I'm not sure where to look. I guess we have to keep checking in here?
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a great day! Lots of food and family and no Drama! Anyways everyone seemed to enjoy there gifts including the snowman ornaments. My son has already picked a wreath for next year so after a short break I will find a pattern I like and start from there. I got several things to help me stay and get back on track plus a few other things.

Today relaxing, some boxing Day shopping, lunch out, played cards, watched football and a short walk. Also the neighbor I work for brought a gentleman by to see if I would shovel snow for him while he is gone in January and February. Of course I took the job even though I have to travel by bus to get there. He is also having me do cleaning for him on one of his rental properties tomorrow. When he gets back in February he also said he may have me clean for him. Glad I took today as a rest day before getting going again but I know I need to start getting a routine going.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    bfhu41lb37nw.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,488 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue ,, NICE JOB with more info!! TY TY TY TY!! Glad you enjoyed the weekend!! WOOHOO on family they do help us out to feel so good!! Ahhh yes, back to the healthier eating!!
    @Cseguin2,,, Glad you enjoyed yesterday. WOOHOO hey CONGRATS on the new job!!! That's pretty neat!! WOOHOO on the rest today cause LOL yes you'll need that. It's amazing how wonderful it feels to have enough work, or more work, depending on we each look at it.
    @wallahalla ,, LOL You are so naughty!! HAHAHA teaching us how to GROSS OUT people when we go out to eat and someone orders anything with bones!! I can't stand to eat off the chicken bones, but many do. So now ,,, ideas flowing through my brain to GROSS THEM OUT. LOL TY TY TY TY I KNOW you have a great sense of humor, any ideas?
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    It's 47 feels like 44 with a high of 55 for today. Axe Sharpening: Don't ever lessen yourself for those unable to handle your strength.~~Marisa Laren 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Fruitcake Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Focus on what you care about everything else is a distraction.~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Wishing you a week of more: more peace, more inspiration, more laughter, more cuddles, more sunsets. More of what makes you happy.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,135 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Strength followed by 15 min EMOM (5 sets) to finish unless I start coughing then will stop and walk on the treadmill for the rest of my time.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup totally better now! Lol of course it is 4 days later.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! My dancer daughter has a fractured ankle so no dancing for 3 weeks-this Means no gym or dance and lots of homework home
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a former SP member (from 2010...named MondayLins) and was part of the 2021 5% Spring Challenge Shooting Stars team. Just joined this group for the 2022 Winter Challenge, but haven't chosen a team yet. It's difficult to stay focused on my own, so am looking forward to being part of a group again.
    Have a good last week of 2021, everyone!
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,589 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I saw the question and thought I'd jump in with a bit of information since I was stopping by. I really enjoyed being with my family this year after not seeing them at all last year, even if it was a bit of a different day. Next year, they're coming home and I'll enjoy that too!

@ForeverFitNHealthy - Sorry that you haven't been well and have had other problems to deal with. It's hard when our pets are ill as they can't tell us how they're feeling and vet care can be so expensive. A break is just supposed to be that - a break - no requirements and no need to check in unless one wants to check in. It's a busy and often stressful time of year so not having to keep up with a team does take the pressure off. It is hard when loved ones are no longer with us to celebrate holidays. I felt that more this year too.

Been a bit snowy here today but we didn't have to go anywhere - have been busy getting laundry done and catching up around the house - not that there was that much to do when we weren't here for a few days. Hubby was hearing funny noises from the furnace after we returned yesterday so called for service. We had a service guy here first thing this morning who thought the exhaust fan might need to be replaced. Our furnace is a rental and he mentioned that the contract would be up soon so contacted the sales rep who came by early this afternoon. We're going to go ahead and replace the furnace with a new model which will be installed on Wednesday. We thought about adding A/C but would probably have to upgrade our electric panel before we could do that so that's not going to happen right now.
    Enjoy your evening!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Welcome to our new members!

Today was off. Got up with the plan of a walk and looked outside. Snow and freezing rain. So that didn't happen. Did do some marching. Did laundry and dishes. Also read and played cards. I thought I was working today but the guy never called or showed up. Oh well I will stick to the original plan we had. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. We will see what tomorrow brings. Also weigh-in and Mom's grocery shopping. Not expecting anything great with the scale. We will see.
  • Cheririddell
    Cheririddell Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I am havung a heck of a time finding my team and I am the baggage handler.Diane can you help ???? hugs, Cheri
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,589 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue So happy for you getting to share the holiday in person with your family this year, it really does not matter the when so much as being able to be together, we sure learned that lesson if not much else from this never ending pandemic. The food sounds great maybe after the holidays if you find the time you could share your turnip casserole just wondering if it is made with what we used to call turnip (rutabaga) I think that's what it's called in the store, I went to get some turnip, my kind, & saw these little tiny things they call turnip & I just did not know what to say. Mom used to cook one turnip for a meal, we were 6 kids, that tiny thing would not have fed one, of course not everyone liked it but I always loved it. Doubt I'll be on this tomorrow so Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas!
    a2cidh65m36b.gif

Yup in the store it will probably say rutabagas which is what I use. Here's the recipe for you (and anyone else who's interested) I do everything with the microwave (cooking turnip) and food processor (mashing and mixing) so that makes it easier but it can be done by hand)

Turnip Casserole

1 large or 2 medium turnip (rutabaga)
    1 cup of sweetened applesauce (I usually use unsweetened)
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
    4 tsp sugar (can use less but should add a bit)
    1 tsp of salt or seasoned salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 3/4 cups of soft bread crumbs divided

Cook and mash turnips until smooth. I usually cook my turnips in the microwave and after peeling the skin off, cut them in chunks and put them in the food processor to mash them up. I also add all the remaining ingredients (except the bread crumbs) and blend it all in the food processor. Since I usually have 2 turnips, I end up adding half of each ingredient to each batch and then toss it all together in the casserole. Here's how the rest of the recipe reads:
    Add applesauce, eggs (no need to beat them separately when using the food processor), 6 tbsp of the melted butter/margarine, sugar, salt and pepper, and one cup of crumbs. Turn into a 2 quart casserole. Toss remaining 3/4 cup of crumbs with the remaining melted margarine and spread on top.
    Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.

I usually make the casserole the day before and bake it before dinner so it can take longer to bake since it's been in the fridge and is cold.

To microwave turnip:

Place turnip on a few layers of paper toweling and prick all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 15-20 minutes - can take longer if the turnip is larger. Cover with a tea towel and let sit for 15 minutes.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue Thanks so much, I copied it, will certainly try it out, sounds very good, I usually just boil it & add some butter salt & pepper. Finding a new recipe is great.