January 1

Options

Replies

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Jan 1
    Starting the year with a pass day. I was so determined to start it off right and then NYE when it was time to preplan my day I just had a rebellious moment and did NOT want to. So I didn't. We had our traditional NYE brunch (we used to have people over but this year just our family) and I enjoyed it.

Exercise - 40 minute walk
    Tracking - No
    Calories - I'm sure over

I have preplanned the day for the day and am very determined to have a good month
    My goals are just the UAC goals, with the addition of preplanning the next day every night, which is what makes it all possible for me. I do really want to have a winner's circle month. There is nothing planned for the month that should derail that - no plans for the month at all, actually. I am not off to a great start, but I have 2 more pass days.

My plan is 1200 calories M-Th, 1350 F-Sun. With the idea that I can preplan a day up to 2000 calories up to once a week any day of the week if we're getting some good takeout (I've called this "takeout Friday" in the past but it's not always on Fridays). I do eat back my exercise calories, which are minor - usually 100-150 most days - it does incentivize the exercise.

@mshawski I love that idea of "responsible reading" - I really struggle with that as well - any fun book will keep me up, so I really can only read a good book when I have the time to spend all day reading it-or just suffer from lack of sleep! Let me know if you find any tips to manage responsible reading! My solution is to only read "boring" books at night. But I need to find my next boring book! Also crossing my fingers here that school stays in-person AND we all avoid COVID -probably too much to hope for and honestly since we are all vaxxed I am hoping for staying in-person more if I had to choose. Please take my kids so I can work in peace!!!

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »

@mshawski I love that idea of "responsible reading" - I really struggle with that as well - any fun book will keep me up, so I really can only read a good book when I have the time to spend all day reading it-or just suffer from lack of sleep! Let me know if you find any tips to manage responsible reading!

So I have no advice and can’t be trusted. LOL. Last night I realized at 2:16 I should stop reading. It’s a book I’ve already read 10 times. Sigh. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Both of you are soooooo ME in your relationships with 📚
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    Happy New Year’s my UAC Fitness Family

3 ❤️❤️❤️
    No pass days

Walked 2 Miles, got my first Fitbit—it’s been helping but would love to hear from and link up with a fellow user.

See you all on the flip side.

Great!!! I LOVE my fitbit! But I'll warn you that I don't walk near as much in the winter as I do in the summer! Lol. But I do love challenges! I'll send you a message with my email so that you can send me a link so we can be 'friends'.