Friday weigh-in thread, 1-14-2022

steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,894 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,894 Member
    I'm up by 1 pound, but that was expected after going out for beer with some friends. More in the 10# challenge thread.

182/138.4/146
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,893 Member
    Just terrible! up 3.6 lbs. There's a reason of course. Big lunch yesterday then late supper last night. Did a bad thing last night. DW wanted some comfort food so about 7::30 I went to Wendy's. I'll leave it at one word. "Disastrous" Well on to another week and 10# Challenge.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Up 5

I'm having some trouble with mindfulness and weary of tracking. But I have nowhere else to go. I'll easily gain back everything I've lost if I don't continue on.

SW 327
    CW 285
    GW 195
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    imastar2 wrote: »
    Just terrible! up 3.6 lbs. There's a reason of course. Big lunch yesterday then late supper last night. Did a bad thing last night. DW wanted some comfort food so about 7::30 I went to Wendy's. I'll leave it at one word. "Disastrous" Well on to another week and 10# Challenge.

I feel you, Derrick. I went to Wendy's and got a Frosty this week mid-afternoon. I haven't done that since June of last year.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,106 Member
    +2
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,222 Member
    I'm down 2 pounds. This puts me at my January 2nd weight. I wasn't going to get on the scale for awhile, but because my weight has been all over the place the past few weeks, I wanted to see if things were stabilizing so that I'd have an accurate starting point.

I had a good week from a tracking perspective. I didn't achieve the daily/weekly deficit I'll be aiming for, and my food choices weren't always good, but it was all recorded as accurately as possible. Consistently tracking felt good.

Have a great week!

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,738 Member
    Down 3 for the week total since Jan 1 is 5.2
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,675 Member
    I've concluded - based on an analysis of my behavior - that while I want to get back to goal, I don’t want it to dominate my life. I’m willing to make some choices, but not to sacrifice a lot of things.

So I was out in Kansas City last week, home of beef and barbecue. There was a lot of eating out, and a lot of eating what was presented. I didn’t go off the rails, and I opted not to have appetizers or dessert at all, and a minimum of snacking outside of meals, so there was that as an element of restraint. On the flip side, my meals certainly weren’t all rice cakes, tofu and salad. I did track, and did go significantly negative on my weekly points As a consequence - because these things always have consequences - I’m up 7.8 pounds from a week ago.

I’m not happy about that, but I’ve also concluded I’d be less happy if, for example, I came home weighing less but without eating Oklahoma Joe's barbecue. Life involves decisions, trade-offs, and priorities. Apparently mine are to enjoy life and lose weight, in that order rather than the other way around. 🤷‍♂️