I completely fell of the bandwagon

Options
pnrbor
pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
December was bad for me. But last week something happened (medical I think) and I tried to deal with it by eating. I didn't just eat one bad thing I ate a lot and not necessary even things that tasted nice. Since Thursday it has been downhill. Last night I stuffed my face again.

I'm not sure how to get back on track. Trying today. Any advice would be nice. I don't want to get back on the scale at this stage.

Replies

• bonnielassies
    bonnielassies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you getting support for the thing that happened? Sounds like there's a lot going on and maybe getting help for the other thing will help? Try not to be too hard on yourself too :smile:
  • bonnielassies
    bonnielassies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. One thing at a time maybe?
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    First of all: Don't beat yourself up over it. It's happened, you can't change it, but you recognise it and you are seeking help (both for the eating and the medical thing). That the biggest hurdle.

For the time being, only make small adjustments. I would suggest starting with breakfast as I think that may be psychologically beneficial for you more than anything. Go for something healthy and slow release energy such as porridge (I frequently have overnight oats and add a scoop of hemp or pea protein powder). It tends to fill you up for longer and keeps your energy levels up for longer, hopefully decreasing your hunger. The nice thing with porridge is that it's easy to make it taste really good with simple ingredients (e.g.: cooked apple with sultana & cinnamon for apple pie flavour).

Don't worry about the rest of the day yet, just one change for now pending your doctor's appointment. No need to make your life harder than it needs to be.
  • stacyrey12
    stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Something to think about: You are still a good person, no matter what or how much you eat. Your worth has not changed, just how you feel about yourself, and THAT IS OKAY. It's hard to have perspective when you are in the middle of something, but to a stranger on the internet, you are doing great, because you have reached out for support and suggestions and are aware of what is going on in your head! Personally, when I hit a slump or have a period of over eating, I do what you are doing right now and I make sure I connect with people. I've noticed that I have more down cycles the more disconnected I am.

I hope you get the medical help you need and I hope you start over how and when you can.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    How have you been doing, @pnrbor ? Share only as much as you are comfortable with, of course, but we are here for you. <3
    I did start back at 'er again, weighing myself a couple times a week and cutting out night snacking so I can stick to my usual 18hr:6hr intermittent fasting. It isn't actually that much out of my comfort range since I eat gluten free (celiac disease) and generally low carb anyhow. The snacking is just a habit and a mindset I need to be aware of.
    Good news is I'm down 3.8 lbs.
    Since I have autoimmune issues, I totally get how much medical problems can screw with your stress levels (hello, high cortisol) and inflammation with accompanying weight gain. Be kind to yourself, the same as you would to a close friend. Hang in there! <3