Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I struggle with weekends and now I’ll spend the next few days trying to get back down.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    hello Waistaways! I went completely dark on you all in the last 2-ish weeks of December and then felt terrible about deserting you. I had a wildly unhealthy January and the shame avalanche kept gathering steam.

I hope you'll welcome me back! The holidays were very rough for me and January has been one of the worst months at my job that I can remember (been here about 3 years). In fact, I am officially looking for a brand new job and plan to quit the current in mid-March whether I have something lined up or not!!

@jugar thank you for your private message, I just got it. I don't think I'm ready to re-join the weekly weigh-ins yet but can you put me on support for February? And log a new starting weight somewhere of 237.4? (Oh the pain it takes to type that number.. ouch!) Sounds like @Terytha and @ells_bellz and I are in similar boats. Time for me to pick up the paddle and get rowing.

I hope you've all been good. I caught a quick glance at the end of January's chat thread and saw some of @micki48 's sweet granddaughter. I'm sure we have some new faces, so quick about me: Kay, 27, living near Boston (or what was Boston, but is now a mess of snow mounds after the blizzard yesterday!!), working in finance, dealing with binge-eating. Been on the team since Aug 2020 I think, but some breaks in there. I decided to try Noom in the new year and still getting used to it, so I'm not logging as much on MFP itself. But I very much missed this chat and the support and hearing everyone's stories (successes, NSVs, the worst Tuesday of your life, etc).

I am so glad you are back, Kate! I am near you this week - out in Lunenburg, but at least less far away than usual. I think it might be good for you to be on the regular team, but I'll put you on support for now. Let me know if you want to clip the binges and take the good with the bad on the regular team. It does not have to be all roses and sunshine.

Worst Tuesday of my life? Or at least my fitness life? Creeping through the gym as if I did not belong there after getting barely started trying to lose weight and get in shape at home. Best part about it? I found a friend who had been in the same place a few weeks before and had started up with a trainer and was finally breaking through and feeling great. I signed up for weekly coaching with that trainer and it was amazing! I had frequent "muscular revelations" and have not looked back since. This trainer was a fantastic young woman who was the smallest (toughest) person on the university rugby team and totally got how you can feel all wrong and still get to somewhere all right.

Welcome back, Kate.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Terytha and @Kali225

Really sorry things have been rough.

As others have echoed, lovely to have you both back. Missed and thought of you both and hoped you were doing okay. Sorry to hear things have been rough, but glad to have your experience back on the team.

Early morning here tomorrow as I have an appointment right after work so I'll have to start early. My leg has been giving me a tiny bit of trouble (eek!) so I've laid off the bike the last couple days. We did however go to Banff National Park for a two hour snowshoe trek today... such gorgeous weather and amazing views.

It's funny because my weight loss plan never REQUIRED exercise (still doesn't....) but man do I ever enjoy the benefits it brings. So I find those parts of my days are so habitual now that it's a bit jarring to feel like there's any disruption to my plans, but my overall wellness comes first. We'll see how things feel here tomorrow!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @jugar

PW: 80.5
    CW: 80.7

Had a gorgeous meal out on Saturday (must find a recipe for Cuban lamb meatballs) and ended up eating out yesterday too so we could go to the cinema. I'm so close to where I wanted to be by the end of the month (under 80kg) but we'd been so busy, I used up my energy reserves and got into survival mode which meant eating more and not finding time to track or drink enough water. The two meals out probably came at just the wrong time, but I should ace it in February. :smile:

@ashleycarole86

Sunday 23rd - 21654
    Monday 24th - 5972
    Tuesday 25th - 2894
    Wednesday 26th - 12957
    Thursday 27th - 10693
    Friday 28th - 8888
    Saturday 29th - 17296
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm Katie, 34, living in the UK with my husband and our two cats. I've got a WFH desk based job, and husband has recently joined law enforcement - about 6 weeks left of classroom based training before he's out on shifts - so there's been quite a bit of adjustment already and lots more to get used to. I've been overweight since I was 21 and had a good 6 months last year before starting to struggle. I am an emotional eater (good, bad, ugly = food) and a chocoholic.

In January I have come very close to what I wanted to achieve, which was to get below 80kg - I am 80.7kg today. We just did a big home renovation job (we actually paid professionals, but did a lot of helping out) which basically took all month so things have been hectic, unsettled and stressful. I didn't always make time for tracking, or drinking water, and I was really scraping the energy barrel so I reached for carbs to get me through.

My plan for February is to live at a steadier pace. There are still bits to do in the house but they're smaller and not time sensitive, so I aim to chip away at that, a little at a time. If I can track everything I eat, every day, even if I go over my calorie goal, then that's a win, and the act of tracking will dissuade me from going over my goal. I also feel dehydrated so will push for 2L of water a day.

It's a short week for me - I have Thursday and Friday off work - but will be eating out twice on Thursday. It is Mom's birthday and I'm going home for the day. Friday, and the weekend, should be chilled out. Ideally we need to do some batch cooking, as we've used up pretty much all of our bulk-cooked meals. I'm going to do a chilli today :smile:
  • ashleycarole86
    edited January 2022
    Options
    1/30 exercise:
    18846 steps + 124 minutes snowshoeing

(missed posting 1/28 - was 6350 steps + 32 minutes Peloton)

Few more steps for the last week of January left to trickle in and then I can get out our month end reports!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/29 steps: 6922
    1/30 steps: 16143 including 104 minutes on the treadmill
  • jugar
    Options
    Now for your friendly nagging! Don't forget to weigh in -

@graceojo999
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @kdblpn

and on deck for Tuesday:
    @Kali225
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 286.2.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Weigh-in

CW: 232.7

I did NOT get up to any of my alarms after a truly dreadful night of sleep - I am having the worst winter skin of my life, so crazy ITCHY, and it's keeping me up! Send moisturizer.

Fantastic weigh-in! You are off to a great re-start. You lost 4.7 pounds so now is when you'll have to be careful not to bounce back. Aim for a steady week without worrying too much about losing.

It sounds like you needed that sleep, and yes - someone to cream your back before sleep! My back is so itchy sometimes I want to take a sharp grater to it. Drink lots of water, don't eat too much fat or anything dehydrating. Winter is rough on the skin for sure. I get lots of bloody noses all winter too - I guess it gets too dry even in there! Hang in there - the days are getting longer and soon it will be nice and humid.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 Yes, Banff is truly spectacular. We've got @gak71 coming out this way soon.. it's a great destination! Definitely put it on your list. Way to dive back in and I loved your list of Monday triumphs.

@Terytha Oh man that commuting savings will be great... I am really going to have to adjust when we go back to office eventually here... I'm saving so much time right now not having to drive in!

@conleywoods Adorable pic... thanks for sharing. They look like a lot of fun. Glad your son is okay. What is the masters in specifically? So many talented folks in this group working on their Masters degrees!

1/31 exercise:
    7673 steps + 7 minutes strength training

I got back on my bike this morning and had a blast. Leg still isn't 100% but it held up to the task. Keeping an eye on things.

Final call for January week 4 steps/exercise reporting:
    @YinxFed
    @MandiSaysHey
    @metaphysicalstudio (Jan 26-29)
This discussion has been closed.