13»

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,522 Member
    Yes x 3
    7/3 pass days used I think
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, couple walks (62 mins in the morning and 50 mins in evening)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No :( I went a little over my budget (but stayed well within deficit with exercise; I don't "eat back" my exercise calories though)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I'm new and just joining the last few days here before the Feb UAC starts. This is called a "pass day" since I didn't meet all 3 goals, correct? Please someone tell me if I'm not doing this right :) Thanks!

Correct. The 3 pass days (per entire month) are a buffer to guard against "perfection getting in the way of the good"

They are also to allow for Life Happening (maybe a family birthday / special event planned for; maybe inadvertent but now aware of what might have allowed you to catch it next time (aka did you only find out you were over budget at the end of the day AFTER you had eaten "whatever it was"?)

And they help you become aware of and think through personal patterns (always seem to miss exercising on Thursdays ... do I REALLY need pizza every Saturday - (if yes - that's no sin ... can I adjust pizza serving size OR other intake earlier in the day to make room for it so as NOT to have an "every-Saturday Pass" ?)

All these little, gradual tweaks over time will nudge you into a lifestyle that will be sustainable for YOU and YOUR reality / preferences.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,362 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

• makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    thank you @BMcC9 :) that was very helpful and insightful - what an awesome group of caring and kind people here! So glad I found this group.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    1/27/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Trial from hell continues? Yes (although we had a great witness today... knowledgeable, smart, well-spoken, straight-forward and to the point... no bs. Yep. I liked her... so did the jury).
    Calories? No
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes barely got a 30 minute zumba in phew!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member
    yes for 3.
    1/3 pass days used
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    @ideas2 Thank you for that very insightful post. Unfortunately, I am very much an emotional eater. A large part of my journey on MFP is dealing with this.

Jan 27 - still not logging nor exercising but I am being careful to make better choices and not to binge.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Yes, yes and yes