Introductions!

Options

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    koeitjiesa wrote: »
    Hi all.

Ps. English is not my first language so ease excuse any errors.

Elsa

You are not alone here ;) WELCOME!
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Julie…your dog is a hoot!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Julie…your dog is a hoot!

You have no idea Lorenzo! He is 17 months old now. He is a total character. 😂😂😂

@Arc2Arc
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caroline. Welcome to all the new people!
    I'm 41, live in the Northeast US and have a wife and 2 kids (9 and 5).
    My first weight loss experience was just after college. I did weight watchers and lost 25 pounds and kept it off (with some effort) until getting pregnant 10 years ago.
    With my first pregnancy I was super sick and gained over half my body weight. I've been trying to lose that "baby weight" ever since. But I wasn't really able to get serious about it until May 2019, when the kids were 7 and 3. I switched jobs and took 3 weeks off in between jobs and did kind of a fitness and life reset.
    From May 2019 - July 2020 I lost 21 pounds, just by changing my diet to be better (no calorie counting). I then plateaued for the next 7 months and knew I needed to up my game if I wanted to keep losing.
    In Feb 2021 (a year ago) I joined MFP and started tracking calories. I started losing again, slowly (3 pounds in that 6 month period).
    I joined the UAC in September and the group has been enormously helpful to me. I haven't lost much more weight (2 pounds June 2021 - Jan 2022) but the lessons I have learned have been so helpful.
    I've lost about 25 pounds in total.

I have an autoimmune thyroid condition that is mostly dormant but gets triggered when I get sick and from certain vaccines. The covid vaccine seems to trigger it worse than anything else I have experienced it. So I had a very rough period after my first and second vaccine and am just coming out (I hope!) of a rough period after my booster. I think that in general it is just making it harder to lose weight, even when I'm not actively in a flare.

My original goal had been to get back to my pre-baby weight. I am still 18 pounds away from that. But I am teetering on the border between overweight and "normal" BMI. I am not deciding to be in "maintenance" but kind of accepting that I may be at the part of this weight loss journey where I run as fast I can just to stay in the same place. And that I need to focus on how to make that sustainable long-term, even if I can't/won't lose any more weight.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,386 Member
    Options
    Name: Marilyn
    Senior - 73 years = turning 74 this month (February)
    Married to a great man, 4 adult children, 8 grandchildren, 2 great granddaughters and 2 very spoiled rescue dogs.

NOTE I see some people post what looks like an eye with the word spoiler - how do I do that
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Name: Marilyn
    Senior - 73 years = turning 74 this month (February)
    Married to a great man, 4 adult children, 8 grandchildren, 2 great granddaughters and 2 very spoiled rescue dogs.

NOTE I see some people post what looks like an eye with the word spoiler - how do I do that

Hi @Marilynsretired - in the comment box you can highlight what you want spoiled and then click on paragraph symbol. It is a pull-down and select "spoiler".
    Example of spoiled text

fmaxm43faumf.png

Alternatively, you can type "(spoiler) text you want spoiled (/spoiler)" but use square brackets instead. I tried showing it here, but then it made my comment a spoiler.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Revlish wrote: »
    Oh! Hey, hi! I found y'all! January was my first month with the group. I really want to continue because I love the energy and you all and it's magic!

I know I'm not going to be logging food every day in the upcoming month though. Time is tight for me at the moment and I'm feeling pretty good about where I am with my diet and exercise. It is okay if I still participate knowing I'll be mostly pass days?

Bring it on February, with your "extra" silent RRRRRR. rawr. We're ready.

OF COURSE it is OK!!

No real difference going in than if you had been recovering from an injury and knew in advance that "drs orders NIX exercise"

Just keep showing up and reporting what you ARE doing (eg for your own purposes, Exercise Y/N ) That way the habits of being a Champion in terms of self-awareness and active accountability aren't totally lost.

Are there any meals where you tend to eat much-the-same-thing that you could pre-load and just copy from day to day? That might help some.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Danielle @msmethotfrench !! You've come to the right place!! Some days you may only have time to "check in", and other days you can read and comment (or not) as your time allows. Sometimes, when life gets too busy, some people check in and just give the update for the last 2-3 days... something like this:

Jan 3:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Jan 4:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

You're totally fine either way. We're totally flexible and very glad to have you! :)
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I had an accident over the weekend, I fell on my face and broke my nose, my left eye is swollen as well. So there goes my first accountability month🙈. I will however still log everything I eat and try to stay within my calories. I will not be able to exercise for a bit though. I will definitely try again next month.
    Good luck everyone.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    koeitjiesa wrote: »
    I had an accident over the weekend, I fell on my face and broke my nose, my left eye is swollen as well. So there goes my first accountability month🙈. I will however still log everything I eat and try to stay within my calories. I will not be able to exercise for a bit though. I will definitely try again next month.
    Good luck everyone.

@koeitjiesa Soo sorry to hear that! Do keep showing up, and reporting on what you CAN do! This will get you to the CHAMPION list, and you won't lose out on basic habit forming plus all the information and collective wisdom that gets shared. Think of it as "exercise for the brain" (even if not for credit)