Weight No More Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    weigh day wednesday

CW 179.3

hubby has covid (we are both fully vacc'd). hes not terribly bad. So far I'm negative on 2 home tests but have a PCR test today. between being in quarantine with him and having an undiagnosed chronic hip issue that is causing me issues currently (hubby is forcing me to go to doc before the spartan but i cant get in for 3 weeks and thats assuming i come out of this with no positive covid tests), probably best to move me to support for time being until things return to something resembling normal
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    probably best to move me to support for time being until things return to something resembling normal

You got it! I'll move you to support for the rest of the month and you can decide if you want to come back for March. Hope things normalize soon!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Before I forget!

I am running the steps challenge calculations later today. If you have yet to post your step counts, please please please post them soon! I will be making the results post this afternoon (EST).
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Hey! Forgot to post the weigh in yesterday.

Not sure if this is for the last week of January or the first week of February.

Username: GingerPwr
    PW: 152
    CW: 150
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited February 2022
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~

January Week 4 Team Statistics -

Total Steps: 402,996
    Total Steppers: 5
    Average Steps per Person: 80,599

Leaderboard -

@IDebraK - 124,192 total | 17,742 average - Most Steps in a Day!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 119,382 total | 17,055 average
    @ljdanny - 68,074 total | 9,725 average
    @lennoncpa - 59,048 total | 8,435 average
    @pacsnc6 - 32,300 total | 4,614 average - Most Consistent!

January Monthly Team Statistics -

Total Steps: 1,614,676
    Total Steppers: 6
    Average Steps per Person: 269,113

Leaderboard -

@IDebraK - 421,787 total | 105,447 average - Most Steps in a Week!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 379,663 total | 94,916 average - Greatest Week-to-Week Improvement!
    @JMNagain - 272,355 total | 68,089 average
    @ljdanny - 254,952 total | 63,738 average
    @lennoncpa - 153,677 total | 38,419 average
    @pacsnc6 - 132,242 total | 33,061 average

d1fd1556b79b8dee6fc56843827d917f.gif
  • realtorjanet
    realtorjanet Posts: 12 Member
    Realtorjanet
    PW 122.8
    CW 121.4
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW: 161.5
    cw: 160
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    February Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 186.2 (January 27th)
    CW (Current Weight): 185.8 (February 3rd)
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Bumpbreakcar
    February Week One
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 144.08 (January 27th)
    CW (Current Weight): 144.4 (February 3rd)

slight gain but I'm not too upset by it because I'm just coming off vacation and I didn't hold back!

@MotylekOkruchy I love that idea of reading on the treadmill! I'm going to give it a try this week. thanks for the tip ;)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 186.4
    Cw 184.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    Hi WNM....this was posted by a newcomer on the habit tracker ...Why can’t I log into any fit2fab links? When I click on spreadsheet it just takes me to one-on-one link which I think is a paid site. I am pretty sure I signed up for slimpossible. Ugh! Another month left behind. 😢

When I did recruiting I put her on team WNM ... I did put the link to your team on the habit tracker so hopefully she will show up ...Maybe you can reach out to her ...Thanks Megan
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Hi WNM....this was posted by a newcomer on the habit tracker ...Why can’t I log into any fit2fab links? When I click on spreadsheet it just takes me to one-on-one link which I think is a paid site. I am pretty sure I signed up for slimpossible. Ugh! Another month left behind. 😢

When I did recruiting I put her on team WNM ... I did put the link to your team on the habit tracker so hopefully she will show up ...Maybe you can reach out to her ...Thanks Megan

Thanks Megan, I'll make sure they make it in.
  • ruthieg68527
    ruthieg68527 Posts: 52 Member
    Ruthieg68527
    February Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW: 187.1 (January 27th)
    CW: 187.0 (February 3rd)
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    Username: TwinMama91521
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 155.2
    CW (Current Weight): 153.4
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Weigh in Friday
    Pw 135
    Cw 133 lbs.

Hi I’m Rachel…Mom, wife, teacher. I’ve been super busy and want to apologize for not being more active on this group. It helped me to lose over 60 pounds and I’m almost to my goal weight of 128 lbs. I am currently the group motivator by name. If anyone wants to take over my position I will be thrilled. I’ll be able to be more active during summer break when school lets out.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    IDebraK
    Weigh in: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Zone: 118-126
    PW: 122.8
    CW: 124.8

Weight is up but still in zone. Had a super stressful work week. Setting stores up for spring with a lot of fixture moves. While I do love my job, and I actually like the pressure of getting everything done, I also hate it. It's a love/hate relationship. By Thursday, my body just couldn't do the run I had scheduled. Walked just fine, but when I turned up the speed on the treadmill, my body was just like, "Nope."

I still managed to get steps in, but they were not exactly where I wanted them.

Steps:
    Sat: 6870
    Sun: 13810
    Mon: 15979
    Tues: 17013
    Wed: 14790
    Thurs: 17572
    Fri: 6801

@melaniedscott .. the google math for the steps was fairly accurate. Of course, you are correct, stride is definitely the biggest factor. These little 27 inch legs have a shorter stride. I get more steps than most since my legs are so short. I found that running at a speed of 5.5 gets more steps than the 6.0 where I have been training. It only adds 4 minutes to the time for the same mileage. I'll take that 4 minutes since I am running for distance rather than time ... for now.

@minstrelofsarcasm, I've run a 30K. No easy task. I think my time was somewhere in the near 3 hour mark. The hills were murder.

My current training looks like this:
    5K (3.1 miles)
    10K (6.2 miles)
    16.1K (10 miler)
    Half Marathon (13.1)
    30K (18.6)
    Marathon (26.2)

I've done all of those distances before, so I'd like to be at "par" by the end of the year.
    If I can accomplish all of that, I will probably try the 50K at 31.1 miles. I don't see an 80K or Ultra in my future. Maybe when I start actually running for speed. Otherwise, that Ultra would take an actual whole day to run. Like literally more than 8 hours.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,101 Member
    The new Week 2 Group Challenge for February is active and ready to begin for Sunday, Feb 6th. Taking a reflective look back and a hopeful look forward with the goals we set back in Dec/Jan...just a little check in, mixed with staying active each day and sharing together. Hope you'll join us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855816/february-week-2-group-challenge-thinking-back-looking-forward#latest

Jessica
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Timibotkin
    Saturday
    PW 303.2
    CW 303.4

It's been a stressful week, I'm surprised the gain wasn't any bigger than it was. I didn't make it to the gym as much as I would have liked because of circumstances beyond my control and I binged a lot. There was a shooting at the college in my hometown and unfortunately two of the campus officers lost their lives, but they may have saved countless others in doing so. The entire town was shut down for hours while they sought the suspect and gathered evidence. He was found not far from the campus (actually on the same road my parents still live on) and it was revealed that he was a prior student. When they posted his mugshot I clearly remembered him from a few years back. He was on the cross country team and I would pass him running almost everyday when returning home from visiting my parents. You never think things like this will happen near you...

I did not make it to the gym the day of the shooting and then I had several meetings/projects this week that required me to stay at work later than usual, I also had an appointment with my nutritionist this week, she wants me to lose 60 pounds in 6 months... I know this attainable but it seems so far out of reach at the same time. I had been doing well at losing after my treatments had ended, I was actually down in the 270's but slowly began gaining weight in the beginning of 2021. In June of 2021 I broke my foot and the pounds piled on, at my last oncology appointment in December my oncologist was very upset with my weight gain and hence the appointments with the nutritionist. I tried explaining the weight gain away by not being able to exercise but her response was something along the lines as "so what are you putting in your mouth" which came across as kind of harsh but true. Only I can control what i put in my body and I have to start making better choices on a regular basis! I hope everyone is doing well and conquers all of their goals this week!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    Melaniedscott
    PW 218
    CW 220

Yes, it went up. 😞 But to be fair, some of it is water. I was a salt fiend yesterday and ate everything. Don't know why but was utterly ravenous. Today I feel like kitten. I think I may have a sinus infection. Not pleased. Staying in bed.
This discussion has been closed.