Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @PlaneMonkey great weigh-in and thanks for the encouragement.
    Brad and I got out for a lunchtime walk and it feels like early spring. I do love the sunshine!
    Adorable cat.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Happy Hump Day, Friends!

Well I was due to go out for a forest walk with my friend this morning, but I woke up in agonising pain in my back - AGAIN! Fortunately, although I couldn't go for my walk, my back pain wasn't as bad as it was a fortnight ago, and I was able to (slowly) move around and do what I planned to do anyway. Having said that, I think that I need to take a break from my workout schedule and replace it with walking and yoga for the rest of the month. I did work out on Monday and Tuesday - and maybe I shouldn't have.

Thank you @PlaneMonkey, the picture of your cat did cheer me up! In fact, I love seeing other furry friends, they always make me smile.

We plan to visit our son in Virginia in the summer, so we won't even be thinking of getting another dog until after we're back.

@metaphysicalstudio My morning meditations have become such a wonderful habit with which to start my days.

@conleywoods I'm so sorry to hear about all the stress that you and your hubby are going through. It's s good that you're both so well aligned to supporting each other. Thinking of you.

@jugar so can I start telling people that I know the famous flautist Liselyn (only first names necessary, don't you know)? What exciting news!

Hang in there, Michele @micki48 try not to get too overwhelmed with all the things. Work in 20minute bursts, then take 5 and repeat.

Sleep tight, friends!
    Yx
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    What a lovely day - the news, the weigh-ins, and we also had a sunny not too cold one. I finally had to replace my old microwave today. I have been using a small one I "inherited" from my step-grandmother back in the 1980s. It lasted a very very long time, but finally bit the dust over the weekend. I hope we can figure out this fancy newfangled gadget! Finding room for it is the first challenge - I decided to go with something that is bigger than a bread box. So it was errand Wednesday, and then working on my window salad garden, practicing, and hitting the Pilates. Sadly I fell victim to some peanut M&Ms (one of the very few uses on this Earth for chocolate) but otherwise food has been good so far this week and I am losing what I put on last week.

I hope your back recovers well @YinxFed - you may need to revise your workouts for a while. Switch to Pilates or other work without weights and twisting, or just rest and enjoy walking for a couple of weeks. You don't want to mess with back injuries :grimace::heart:

I'm also thinking about your mornings @ashleycarole86 . I never understand why sometimes it is easy to get up and get to it in the morning, and sometimes it isn't. For a few years I instituted a "no sweat, no shower" rule and made sure to get in an exercise session before showering and going to work. If I did not get up and exercise, I had to go to work without a shower. That happened sometimes, but avoiding that made it easier to get the exercise over with and enjoy my day. Now that I don't work, I'm WAY less consistent with timing of exercise!

Amazing green numbers today! Keep 'em coming!
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    OK I am going to pose 2 questions. I need suggestions. My boyfriend has got on board with weight loss. I am having trouble packing his lunch. He works for the power company and is in a truck all day. No refrigeration and no microwave. I've tried soups in a thermos but sometimes it's 8 hours before he can eat and even the fanciest of thermos' keep it hot enough for him. Any suggestions?

Also the Super Bowl is Sunday. What's everyone eating for the big game?
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    We are having a Super Bowl party at work. There will be wings and finger sandwiches. Everyone has agreed to bring 3 things for a salad bar. I know a salad is not typical game day food but I will feel a lot better about eating that then wings and chips and dips.
  • jugar
    Great questions @kdblpn

For food that does not need to be hot for lunches - how does hubs feel about hummus? There are tons of great varieties, and they all go well with raw veggies of every kind, rice cakes or crackers, etc. It is surprisingly filling too. Cheese sticks, low fat jerky, and other proteins that don't need refrigeration can help. There are some good canned tuna with all kinds of stuff mixed in so all you need to do is open it and scoop it up with veggies or pita or something. Stuff a whole pepper with mashed up chickpeas with finely chopped veggies, a tad of mayo or something else smooth (hummus again?) stuffed into a whole red pepper. I'm not sure what he likes, but there are sure to be some great suggestions from this gang.

I'm not a super bowl person, but I'd go with veggies and hummus again! You can munch on those for ages without getting that horrible overstuffed feeling. Even some other kinds of dips are not so bad if you're dipping broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, celery, cucumbers, carrots, and any other kind of veggie into them. There are some good sounding ideas at https://iheartvegetables.com/healthy-snacks-under-200-calories/ I'm sure you'll make a great plan for all kinds of things that will keep the chips and wings at a safe distance!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Hi! Thanks for the encouragement friends. Hugs to all those struggling and healing vibes to those hurting.

Hope everyone had a great day.
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hi! Thanks for the encouragement friends. Hugs to all those struggling and healing vibes to those hurting.

Hope everyone had a great day.

You're the best! When you move, the step/exercise team is going to have to make enough miles to get from North Carolina to Philadelphia. Let us know the actual distance from your current home to the new one, and then we'll work hard to make it - I think it would be a blast to take just the right number of steps to arrive right along with you :smiley:
  • jugar
    Ready for Thursday weigh-ins?

@eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

A few Wednesdays left to report:

@MoStacy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit
This discussion has been closed.