Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I finally tried 2 ingredient pizza dough and I'm floored at how well it worked. It tastes like solidly good pizza crust.

You just know that everyone wants that recipe now! I make a killer pizza crust, but it has flour, yeast, salt, water. Not sure what could be left out to bring it down to 2 :worried:
    deniners2 wrote: »
    1/2 a pound to go then it’s maintaining under it for 75% of the year. 😳😁
    Fantastic! When you get there, we'll work up your maintenance status here on the team. Think about your approximately 5 pound range. Of course, the most important number is the top one - the line you shall not cross! If you cross it for 2 weeks in a row, you come automatically back to the regular team until back under it, so you might put that top at about a pound or two over where you ideally want to stay. Allow for those weird fluctuations that happen! The range can be adjusted any time - it's all just a great experiment. You can do it!

@pearl4686 - I hope you're feeling better and working on a plan to get back on track. Try the magic numbers - pick 2 or 3 things to track daily. Fibre, calories, fat, whatever helps you eat in a way that might bring things back under control. Post them daily here. Every day. Give it a try and see what works and what doesn't - we're there for you!

@DD265 - hope your cough is improving!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Sunday - 10,307
    Monday - 10,798 + 45 min. exercise bike
    Tuesday - 10,247 + 75 min. snowshoe, 30 min. bike
    Wednesday - 11,760 + Pilates 15
    Thursday - 10,644 + Pilates 30, bike 45
    Friday - 13,168 + Pilates 30, snowshoe 90
    Saturday - 10,793 + Pilates 15, bike 45

I am so happy to have gone over 10k every day this week! It is rare that happens. I'm heading out now for a good walk to make sure today continues the trend. I'm not sure about the snowshoe conditions today, but if it looks good, the shoes are going on :smiley: It is nice and cold again!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cb24cef7b63965dfa250cdec6a4f0c0a5b5eb8c5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

We have accomplished great things so far in the month of February! You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You can even see some numbers about those accomplishments in the link below!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

esmzactf1ma1.png
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @jugar 2 ingredient pizza dough: 1.5 cups of self rising flour and 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt. Self rising flour can be made by add 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt to 1.5 cups of regular flour.

I also added 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder and Italian seasoning as well since it'd be a bit bland otherwise.

But it fluffed up beautifully and the taste and texture were spot on. I'm sure proper dough made with yeast probably still tastes better, but this stuff is good and high in protein and simple as heck to make.

kid0n33llk23.jpg
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Looks delicious!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha OK that looks seriously delicious. And so much faster than a yeast dough in case someone is showing up to eat SOON. Yes! I will try it!

Today was animal track heaven out in our woods. I saw tracks from fox, coyote, raccoon, deer, squirrel, mice and other tiny things, grouse, and either a marten or fisher. Probably a marten. I always enjoy a day after there was a bit of a thaw. It snowed yesterday afternoon as the temps were sinking fast, so all the critters who were out enjoying the warm then left really clear tracks on the hard packed snow. I had a great trek today! Maybe not as fast as usual, but super interesting and I went places I had not gone in a long time, just to follow some tracks.

I also did a charity event this morning after finishing up the tallies. I usually feel "sat out" after tallies - it's a lot more chair time than usual! So today I had scheduled a zoom virtual walk that was to sponsor AMI Québec, a charity supporting people with mental health challenges and their families. The Italian community in Montreal put together a walking tour of Ortygia in Sicily to emphasise the role of fitness for mental health. There was a fitness instructor rolling through a low-impact cardio routine easy to do in any room while a tour guide narrated a walk through Ortygia for 52 minutes. It was a blast! I learned a lot about Syracuse's history, and enjoyed seeing a summer market while it is so cold out here. There were great prizes from some Italian businesses in Montreal, but just doing the event was a lot of fun.

The whole F2F family had a great week. It amazes me how different week 1 and week 2 of February were - we went from a total loss of 18 pounds to a loss of 113 pounds!!! We are 130 people. I would say this past week was a great success. Maybe we can keep up our record - 1 pound each? If everyone aims for 1 pound this week and 80% makes it, we lose 104 pounds. Some may lose more, some less, but let's aim for that, OK?

It may be late for week 3 because those weigh-ins are already happening, but I think standing firm for Week 4 would be doable. Starting today, everyone is aiming for a one pound loss for week 4. That gives the Sunday folks the week to get going on their pound, and everyone else follows. You with me? I need to do it too, even on maintenance!
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to ask to be sidelined for a couple of weeks?
  • jugar
    Options
    Is it too late to ask to be sidelined for a couple of weeks?

It is never too late! I can excuse you for this week and week 4, and then you start back up for March? Does that work for you? I hope you're ok!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    having a hard time shaking the dive for the freezer and the high cal contents within when I just can't stand what's going on here. Got on the scale this morning to try to scare myself into being better - gah, hit that next higher # on the scale! Now 15 lbs above where I was (and all those clothes that felt so good). I do better at the office during the week - just blended some salad dressing and will forge on ...tempted to order some fabulous gardening overalls I spotted...in the size I intend to be by summer...
    Had my Thai massage yesterday - felt great. But do I feel any different today? not really.
    Caught up on several days of posts, I ought to do it multi times a day...you're all inspiring.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    having a hard time shaking the dive for the freezer and the high cal contents within when I just can't stand what's going on here. Got on the scale this morning to try to scare myself into being better - gah, hit that next higher # on the scale! Now 15 lbs above where I was (and all those clothes that felt so good). I do better at the office during the week - just blended some salad dressing and will forge on ...tempted to order some fabulous gardening overalls I spotted...in the size I intend to be by summer...
    Had my Thai massage yesterday - felt great. But do I feel any different today? not really.
    Caught up on several days of posts, I ought to do it multi times a day...you're all inspiring.

I just mixed up a batch of sorbet to keep me from having ice cream in the freezer. Zero fat, gorgeous fruit, a bit of sugar, but way lower damage quotient than most frozen things. This one is mango and strawberry, with cardamom and orange zest. Does the trick, does not make the scale go bonkers. Get a small freezer thingy to make these if you don't have one! Diving for the freezer ain't so bad when you have one of these. Your clothes WILL feel better again. Food sure is not going to change what is going on, but it sure is tempting to try. Again and again. So many hugs heading your way!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I'm reading all the posts while the OH is watching the Super Bowl. I've never appreciated the loud brouhaha of American football. Most sports, actually. Attending a game of some sort can make a difference but it's a rare day when I'm a spectator at a sporting event.
    I've had 3 days in a row taking a walk around the "minimal loop" of our neighborhood. I love the feeling of my hip flexors and outer thigh/glute areas as they talk to me power striding up the final hill to the house. It feels better this time of year when it's cold than when it's too hot! I'd prefer those muscles felt less tight and cranky and I know the best way to do *that* is to extend the walks and do additional stretching, etc. I set the goal with OH to start extending our walks a couple of times every week. By the end of the month, I'll be up to 10K, easily. I'm going to use my inside mini-elliptical starting tomorrow, too. If I can do 5 minutes at a whack, I'll be satisfied. I'll aim for Monday morning. You'll all be on my shoulder egging me on. Can't wait for y'all to visit!
    I'm going to take a bath to wrap up the weekend.
    For all who have Covid, please remember to sleep and stay hydrated. It's tempting to clean out closets and all that jazz but please, take care of yourselves and rest.
    More tomorrow.
    Have a great night!
  • jugar
    Options
    All right! Monday people all ready?
    @Waifer003
    @DD265
    @kdblpn

and @wendydpromos still due for today. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Weekly steps+

MWF 17 minutes Pilates
    gvqdn23wdda4.jpeg
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    PW 184.5
    CW 184
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Wow @micki48 - I can tell from those step numbers you are still running around to get it all done.

@conleywoods sorry to hear COVID is making its way through your house. Fingers crossed that somehow you and your daughter can avoid it at least!

@jugar Your steps are truly an inspiration - bravo!

This discussion has been closed.