Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/15 exercise: 10074 steps + 60 minutes Orangetheory (20 minutes treadmill + 40 minutes rowing, weightlifting, stretching. Fitbit gave me 3995 steps).
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    ufncw9gkk8zd.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    2/15 exercise:

7889 + 46 minutes Peloton

Had a busy day at work and it's Brad's birthday today so I can't linger but I'll be back later! I did get the chance to catch up with everyone's posts at least :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Where are the rest of the Wednesday weigh-ins? Mighty quiet...

5h3ndq6ter8j.png
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @bowens1973 hope you had a great day

We went for that run last night, as friend couldn't do this morning. Madness. Wind resistance x 100% - I genuinely felt that if I'd let myself fall forwards, the wind would've held me up. We changed direction and got out of it a bit, then the rain did indeed become torrential. We briefly hid under a bus shelter, then just got on with it. Thankfully it was just under 5k rather than anything longer. My waterproofs are definitely not 100% waterproof either but they did help for sure.

I didn't sleep well; coughing the first part of the night, and then OH woke me up at 8.30 this morning - I start work at 8.30! Luckily he was leaving later than normal, though I probably needed a couple more hours of sleep. I'm going to push through this morning and hope the weather is decent to go feed the ducks at lunch so I can get some fresh air - getting outside always helps.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 177.8
    CW 179.8
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 192.0
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I can so empathize. It's so difficult when the motivation is dwindling. I'm not sure what advice to give, hopefully others will have some. The guilt is especially difficult to deal with. Hugs!

2/16 steps: 7067
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 207 lb
    CW: 207 lb
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I know exactly what you mean about the yo-yo effect. It's exhausting. You're down to your last 10 percent, however, and that last effort is notoriously difficult. Remember that we're with you.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Early weigh-in as I won't have a scale tomorrow
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Really sorry to hear you're struggling Courtney and thanks for sharing - I do think that the only person who will be able to decide if you're done is you. I think it's a matter of determining if whatever additional tweaks would be required to lose the vanity 10 you're describing are worth it to you and if they're sustainable.

The fact you say you feel great is the key thing to me. There may be reasons to lose more and reasons not to.

No matter what happens, your comment about being proud of the 50 you've lost and maintained is spot on. I remember when you first were there how great you said you felt then and the fact you're still saying that now is a great thing.

I don't think the guilt monster will be any motivation to lose more so if you find a why that is, then you'll get there.
This discussion has been closed.