Welcome to 2022!

Options
Happy New Year!
I know that looking back 2021 was a difficult year in so many ways. But, if I concentrate on the small things that made a difference in my life this past year, I can begin to see the positive among the difficulties. I hit my one year surgiversay, I implemented small healthy goals during the year. I lost over 100 pounds!
Although it's been hard work and ups and downs, and I am still working to get the last 4 pounds off for goal weight, I think overall it's been successful.
So on to 2022! I've been hearing a lot about having a word of the year rather than resolutions, so I've chosen "movement" as my word of the year. My monthly goals are going to be centered around this one word all year long. Still deciding on my January goal, I'll let you all know when I have it.
What's going to be your year long word or theme?
Shauna

Replies

• spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Shauna, you are an inspiration. Not only for the weight you've lost but your spirit as you try to get and keep this group going. I am not as active on here as I was. Still not tracking my food grrr (it's like a hill I can't seem to climb).

I was so motivated after surgery. Wanting to make sure I was eating enough protein and then seeing that my calories stayed in line... But then junk started to slip into my days and that I think (sudden epiphany here) is what stops me. I don't want to track junk. Even if it's just a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. Then I'll start having a small bowl of chips. And soon I'm not eating proper meals again... Why track that? Wow... Yeah that's really what does it! If I could resist the crap I would likely track...

Ok, that was seriously happening as I typed. And this is why you are an inspiration, Shauna. By having this group I'm able to see what you (and others) do and I get inspired. Turning that into motivation is the hard part for me...

My word is DOING this year! I will being doing all the good things... Or more of them.

Whatever you decide about the group, I will understand and appreciate what you have done for us.
  • slowerbutqwik
    slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    spangadora wrote: »
    Shauna, you are an inspiration. Not only for the weight you've lost but your spirit as you try to get and keep this group going. I am not as active on here as I was. Still not tracking my food grrr (it's like a hill I can't seem to climb).

I was so motivated after surgery. Wanting to make sure I was eating enough protein and then seeing that my calories stayed in line... But then junk started to slip into my days and that I think (sudden epiphany here) is what stops me. I don't want to track junk. Even if it's just a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. Then I'll start having a small bowl of chips. And soon I'm not eating proper meals again... Why track that? Wow... Yeah that's really what does it! If I could resist the crap I would likely track...

Ok, that was seriously happening as I typed. And this is why you are an inspiration, Shauna. By having this group I'm able to see what you (and others) do and I get inspired. Turning that into motivation is the hard part for me...

My word is DOING this year! I will being doing all the good things... Or more of them.

Whatever you decide about the group, I will understand and appreciate what you have done for us.

Oh WOW! you just spoke my truth! I was so off track during the holidays and even the first few days of January. I would track ok for my morning, but once I started snacking after noon, it was downhill and no track from there. It's almost embarrassing to start falling back into old habits of snacking in junk all. The. Time.
    You have really helped me with encouraging words and insightful thoughts. I truly value your opinions. Thanks for hanging in with me.
    I heard a thought the other day that may help us. Just because you aren't recording doesn't mean the calories don't count. 🤣
  • spangadora
    Options
    LMAO that is a great quote and needs to be remembered for sure!

I have started this week off with a new plan. See, I've gotten sick of the protein shakes... I will mix the remainder into my coffee to use them up but need a good break from them. What I am doing is stocking smoothie ingredients. Fat free Greek yogurt, frozen berry blend, bananas and OJ. I'll add some Chia seeds and BOOM! full, flavourful and balanced. That'll fill me up good and stock me with protein and fibre.

I also did not bring in any chips this week. An evening weakness...

We got this!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    What a great plan for smoothies!
    Even though I've had at least one shake per day for 15 months, I'm still OK with them. Thank goodness because 80 grams of protein would still be so hard for me without them.
    This week I'm starting am indoor full body training for ladies over 50 😉 I hope it's ok for ladies pushing 60!
    Shauna
  • krisbradley08
    krisbradley08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a great idea spangadora. Have you ever made chia seed "pudding" it's kinda fun and a little wired, but it's how I've been dealing with the shakes. Cause I'm sick of them too.
  • krisbradley08
    krisbradley08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So, December... I was eating junk and enjoying traditions, so that means almost no #loss, but no gain either so I'm mostly happy. You both are speaking my language, I get tired of tracking on here. Especially after logging it in a book all day.
    As for my word of the year it is COUNTINUE. As in continue this journey, continue my education, continue going to the gym, continue making better choices and continue to honor the strides I have made. While countinuing to uplift and help others.
    One area that has been mediocre has been my mental frame towards my job, and I was starting to eat those emotions again. Then I realized if I want a change I have to go for it, so I did. Who knows what is next in our lives, but we must continue to never give up. Be it baby steps or giant leaps, they all matter in the big picture.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group.Sleeve in 2014. I gained 20 pound in 2021. I'm focused on my health in 2022. I'm down 9 lbs since jan 1st.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    I'm new to the group.Sleeve in 2014. I gained 20 pound in 2021. I'm focused on my health in 2022. I'm down 9 lbs since jan 1st.

Welcome! 9 lbs since Jan is so great! We can use your experience and history of this journey.
  • spangadora
    Options
    Welcome! You are doing great and seem like you are back doing things right! Great work!