Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @Pearl4686 Good one! Thanks for getting it in early - now you don't have to worry about it. Well done, too!
    I thought February would be my reset month, that I would be able to recommit to exercise and good choices, but here we are already half way through and I haven't picked up a free-weight yet, and my commitment to my physio exercises to correct my hip problem has already dwindled.

I'm losing sleep over guilt and upset that I'm putting my goals aside out of laziness and pressure from my spouse to help on his projects instead of my own priorities. He thinks I look great and that I should just be happy with where I am. Should I be? Am I putting too much emphasis on a number or a dress size?

The Call of the Shoulds! They are always coming back to pester and bebother us. Exercises we should do. Pounds we should lose. Physio we know we should do. Husbands who don't think we should mess with perfection! It is a tough mess every time it hits. Maybe the priorities aren't needing a number tied to them right now? The physio sounds to me like it should be high on the list. Maybe picking one single thing to do for a bit will help. A good sit down with each should, a pencil, and no outside influence messing with what you want could help. Spring weather coming along sometime in the next months could help. But lying awake worrying is no fun at all. Give the "pick one thing and do it" a try and see how it goes. But #1 thing to take off your pile of worries is the team stats. If the weighing in and seeing where it goes helps YOU, do it. If you need to step away from the numbers for a bit, do that. And always accept all the hugs and compliments from OH and all of us!
  • jugar
    I hope everyone had or is still having a great Thursday. I rode with my son into Montreal today, so there was a good bit of sitting in the car, but I still got in a lot of steps and just got off the exercise bike. I'm not sure the exercise quite caught up with the lunch I had out with a friend, but hopefully tomorrow's weigh-in won't be too scary.

Speaking of which - who's up?

Remaining Wednesday - Thursday people:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @eggfreak
    @evangsimmons170
    @mmarceau2

Friday people:
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz

Feed me numbers!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 410 Member
  • jugar
    Wow - it looks like our winds here were mere zephyrs compared with the UK - hope all of you over there are OK!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @jugar CW: 182.2
    I guess I'm taking the scenic route to the next *lower* decade of scale numbers. Well, as you say, it's just a number - use it for information and move along.
    The wind howling in the background made for interesting dreams. If it helps dry out some of this extra water before it all freezes on the roads, I'll be content! I made snickerdoodles this week and even though I didn't eat the dough (who am I that I didn't??), I ate 3 cookies over 2 days. That'll suffice until the next time. M is returning tonight after 3 weeks away so, I'll give them all to her. Ha! Mission accomplished.
    More soon. Time to get moving before the day escapes.
    Have a great day, all!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    2/17 exercise: 10424 steps + 60 minutes Orangetheory (25 minutes treadmill + 35 minutes weightlifting, rowing, stretching. Fitbit gave me 4378 steps).
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @jugar I forgot to get on the scale today 🙃 tomorrow I will try and get on.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    CW 159.8
    boy am I glad I bought that scale that does finer #s than .5 Ha!

Thanks all for your encouraging words. The demon ice cream is gone and I'm not going to replace it -even if it packed great calories in for my mother who's goal is to eat more calories.
    @conleywoods hope you and family are getting through Covid with mild symptoms
    @PlaneMonkey I TOO have a graph that looks like yours...for about 6-8 months now - very frustrating and I know what you mean about the team guilt. Many times have I thought I ought to just sit on the sidelines.

I'll bet we all do a little better, get a little more motivated, when spring comes!! I can't wait!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    2/16 exercise:
    8585 steps + 46 minutes Peloton

2/17 exercise:
    8717 steps + 30 minutes strength

We went tubing in Lake Louise yesterday.. the only thing these two non-skiers can do down a big hill. It was fun.

It's a long weekend here in Alberta so we're off Monday too, hooray!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Hi,

My husband and the boys are over covid at this point and my daughter still hasn't gotten it. I am still tired and have some congestion. I'm just dragging behind after several days of getting up at 3:30 AM with the little guy. Still resting but trying to move around a little bit here and there. Tonight my husband is making bbq chicken for dinner.

I just signed up for daily harvest and got my first delivery today. Never tried it, so exciting to test it out. I ordered smoothies, oatmeal, bites, ice cream and lattes. It is all frozen stuff with lots of healthy ingredients. Has anyone else tried it?

@PlaneMonkey my weight chart looks similar. I can definitely relate to a lot of what you are feeling. Hugs 💛
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Not I @conleywoods ... sounds tasty though! Not sure we have it in Canada...

Brad and I got totally stuffed in the pantry and fridge and freezer with way too many groceries so we've had our meal kits on pause for weeks now while we eat down supplies. Brad HATES this time as I call him a bit of a grocery hoarder ;)

In any event, I can finally close my chest freezer again without a game of Tetris... lol. Food waste is a nightmare to me so it makes me happy we're making progress!
  • jugar
    Food supplies, hoarders, kits - it's a crazy world! I'm enjoying being able to paw through my freezer a bit more easily, but now it is getting to that stage of the winter when I have used up a lot of the stuff I find easiest to slap into a recipe, and now there are lots of all the the things I use less. Apples and applesauce, whole tomatoes, way way way too much zucchini... I'll get back to zucchini bread/muffins/stir fries, apple crisp, fresh tomato sauces. It will all be gone by the time the new garden is making anything useful, I hope! I'm with you @ashleycarole86 on the food waste - it is truly a nightmare.

Weigh-in day question. Is it good to let weigh-in day be a bit of a party if you have lost some weight? I still do it, even after all these years. Fridays are for a bit of indulgence, as long as I have kept under my top maintenance weight. When I was losing, weigh-in day was always free day, but only if I had a loss that week, no matter how tiny. I think we all have that tendency to celebrate losing by letting loose. I don't think that is terrible, as long as it is only one day. The strict return the next day involves a lot of the "I don't have to have it just because I want it" thing. I still totally enjoy the feeling of whooping it up a bit for one day. A really big loss in one week was always cause for a week at maintenance to avoid bounce-back. I know @metaphysicalstudio has mentioned overdoing it when the scale # is good - but that is not a terrible thing. As long as it has boundaries.

Another week ending! We have not hit anywhere close to an average of 1 pound per person this week, but I have big hopes for next week :smiley: And there are still many weigh-ins to go. I think there must be people without power from the storms and all, but hopefully everything will be up and running soon.

Week 3 remaining weigh-ins:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @evangsimmons170
    @mmarceau2
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    CW: 167.4
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar

I'm so sorry for the lapse. I've been crazy busy.

So, for last week (2/10/22), I was 366. Too much dip and chips, not enough exercise.

CW (2/17/22) = 364.4
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    CW - 171 lbs
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Sorry for the late weigh in

PW 195.1
    CW 196.7 or was it 196.4?

I can’t remember. Such is my life lately. Keep it the higher one. Not really sure what was so different, but last week was a huge loss for me. I lose in tenths not pounds. Still not feeling great. Gastrointestinal issues or something. Comes and goes. Makes me think it’s all stress, but the discomfort is real.

I will be so glad when all is packed and we’re on the other end. It’s super hard trying to do this at almost 60 and 70 while watching an almost 4 year old all day and making dinner for everyone. Lord help me. Please pray, send good vibes, Light if you are so inclined. 🙏🏼

This discussion has been closed.