Monthly Post for February 2022

Options

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Meghan, great story of on-line successful love story…. Sell it to hallmark! I love those movies!!! <3 Still astonished our first dates were Feb 8th just years apart! And great news of your manager words…. Awesome relief for you!! Have a great anniversary/valentine’s/super bowl weekend!!

Kate! Bahaha omg that’s hilarious! At least it was water and not coffee!! Have fun on your Super Bowl weekend and enjoy your time off!

Not sure what’s on the menu today, since it’s Super Bowl today… routing for those bengals! Been busy with our dog… she goes in Monday morning for an aspiration of a mass on her arm… she’s limping really bad again and the drugs seem like they’ve stopped working idk, it’s sad cause her mind is working you can see it in her eyes!
    I’m also sad cause tomorrow marks 10 years of my sisters death so I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day…. But I will want some chocolate! I’ve had some long fasts unintentionally (but I’ll take it), although I made some poor choices after one 21 hr fast, Hubs stopped at the Dairy Queen and bought us a soft ice cream cone for the drive home after a long busy day then came home only to “talk” about grilling & salads but actually had a bottle of red wine instead! Omg…. Ya, I know, I missed some of the food groups that day!! Hopefully this week will be better food wise.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen Prayers for your pupper! It is so hard when pets are suffering. You can't ask them what they want or how they feel.

Today is a lovely day. I should be cleaning house, but I've fallen and I don't want to get up. :D This is going to be a busy week, but I get a three day weekend next weekend.

Have a good one, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito congrats on your awesome loss!! Hope you guys had a fun SB Party! I was rooting for the Bengals and the young QB, but I am happy that the Rams won too and Matthew Stafford got a SB ring. He spent so many years on a crappy Detroit Lions team so he totally deserves it!

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Saturday was really nice and sunny and warmer! Went for a nice walk around the park. Then on Sunday it snowed again but it was mostly on the grass and not on the roads. Lots of snow on our grass so it looks pretty! Cold here today but that's okay. Winter is winter! Supposed to warm up soon.

Going to get some work done here and hopefully have a stress free Monday. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am old and fat and tired today. I am just going to leave it at that.

@Meghan509 That is my favorite kind of snow! It is supposed to be in the 60's the next couple of days, then winter for a day or so, and back to 60. Crazy!

Going to go eat my feelings and regret my life choices.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Awww, hang in there @KateNkognito
    Ahh yes the winter roller coaster ride of temperatures! LOL Spring is coming soon. :smile:

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you gals!

Things are good here. Busy as usual. Grumble grumble. :( In the office today but getting stuff done which is good. Can't wait to have a few days off.

Almost time for lunch and thank God because I am hungry!!

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope your Wednesday is going well. Busy here sigh...

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am torn on whether I want a snow day tomorrow. I have things we need to do, but then again, snow day. Plus professional development Friday and then a three day weekend. Either way, I have everything ready, so whatever. I hope everyone is doing well! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Kate you sound like you’re really ready for a well deserved 3 day weekend! It’s almost here!!! <3

Meghan my daffodils are about 8 inches above ground! So spring is coming, that’s a fact!! Hope the sun peeks out for you over the weekend!

Well, sad news of my dog…. Cancer is confirmed now, most likely all throughout her. She’s limping all the time now, mass on her front forearm and she’s not a candidate for amputation since her back end is also not strong. :'(:'(:'( Sigh…. Sorry this isn’t the space for this kind of comment but there ya go. Hard to watch what & when I’m eating but bought some baby spinach today and I like that with a poached egg, avo & sriracha… so tomorrow morning that’s the plan!

<3
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito I see that storm coming this way!! Hope it is kind to you guys. Looking like we are just getting a good amount of rain and some wind late tonight in to early tomorrow and then we are out of the woods. Right now, talk about the calm before the storm! It is sunny and 56 degrees F. Maybe I will take a little walk today if work is not so crazy!!

@mamainthekitchen I am so sorry to hear about the doggie. Please know that you can post about her anytime you want. I hope all goes well. Difficult to talk about for sure, without bringing up emotions.
    Eating better will come in time. Be kind to yourself. I am in a similar boat. Stress is a sure fire way to derail my healthy eating. Doing the best I can. That's all we can do.

Had a little "drama" this morning with a colleague making a comment in an email. When I arrived this morning it was the first email I read and let me tell you, it set me off. I was ready to fire back with a response but then thought better of it. Spoke to another colleague about it and we agreed to take the high road for now. Sometimes it is hard to be silent but sometimes that is the best way. Deep breaths.

So so so glad to be off Friday and Monday. :s

Have a good day and speak to you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen So sorry about your dog! We went through the same with our cat two years ago. You can always post why you need to.

@Meghan509 I hope you enjoy your long weekend. It is hard to be the bigger person. May your rude coworker step on a Lego and then get wet socks!

Day off was nice. Waiting for my kids to get done with a school event. They were going to drive themselves, but with the bad weather and me having the day off, I get to play chauffeur. Have a nice Friday and stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    My PD day was mostly helpful. I like it when they give us choices on what to attend. Snow is clearing up quickly. It is supposed to be 60°F tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    The house is empty. Just me and the dog today. What am I going to do with all this free time?! I hope everyone has a great week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ah thanks you guys. I’ve been compiling pics of my dog with her park friends… weird how she has no idea I’m taking pictures to remember when she’s gone! I can no longer get her back into my car so the Hubs came with me… reminder that it’s to time to get back to lifting weights!!

Food has been so so, pretty good for the most part, I’ve got lots of cravings (which I normally don’t have) I think it’s from my worrying mind. It’s a holiday here too! A few provinces have this day as “family day” where you’re suppose to be with family… although I saw my parents & daughter on the weekend, son has midterm to study for so, not much of a special day around here and when you’re retired… everyday is a holiday!

Just did my nails instead of eating snaaaacks!!! Whoop whoop!

Hope you all have enjoyed your long weekend off! I read there is snow storms back east!! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Tuesday. I had a nice couple of days off which was much needed and good. We had friends visit Friday PM through Sunday AM and it was nice. On Sunday PM we visited with my BF's parents and had dinner. Nice to see them and catch up.

Other than that, just rolling along. Hoping to get an update on the new hire proposal soon. In the meantime, feeling totally and completely buried. :(

Sounds like you both are well and hanging in there. All we can do, right?

Speak to you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Blue sky and very sunny here this morning and quite cold as my hummingbird feeder froze over night!!!

Not sure what I’m doing today… may take our dog to the beach. I also may make a small batch of soup this morning! We’ll see. Time to have a cup of tea and mull it over.

Hope you working people enjoy your day!

Meghan, sounds like you had a really nice weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Sounds like a lovely, restful weekend! I hope you get reinforcements soon!

@mamainthekitchen Super jealous of your retirement status! I wish I could sleep in with my pupper every day. Soup sounds really good. The wind chill in the morning is supposed to be -13°F! Ouch!

Just graded papers for two hours. My hope for the future of humanity is not high right now. Going to bed so I can whip these young 'uns into shape tomorrow! LOL
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Wednesday already - I like it!! Today is definitely going better than yesterday. Yesterday felt like 100 Mondays from h*ll. LOL

We are close to 60 degrees F here today! Mostly cloudy, but I like it either way! Supposed to be decent today and then Thursday PM in to Friday we are due a couple of inches of snow. Sigh. Good thing is I plan to be home, so no worries about snowy road conditions.

A walk on the beach sounds lovely and so does soup, @mamainthekitchen. Hope your day was nice!

Stay warm, @KateNkognito looks like you could be getting that snowy mix before we do on the east coast. Stay warm and safe!

Hope you guys have a great day. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Funny how the temperature today is 29 degrees F but still sunny!? What a difference a day makes! Snow coming tonight in to tomorrow still. Sigh... Winter.

Things are going pretty good today. Busy but good. I did hear a follow up that the new Assistant Position is approved via the big boss, so just will take a little time for them to post, interview, and fill it. Today is quiet with a lot of people working remotely. I got my jeans and sneakers on so I am comfortable!

Any Samsung phone users here? BF and I both got new Samsung S22 Ultra phones yesterday. I got the white and he got the black.
    They came in a few days earlier than expected. What a sweet phone! B)

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I don't even know what day it is. Thank goodness spring break is coming! Kids were super chatty and distracted by snow today, so I let them ask me any questions they wanted. I got everything from religious questions to Salem witch trials to multiverse. Also lots about Russia/Ukraine.

@Meghan509 Yay for incoming help! It snowed all day here, but wasn't even an inch and the roads are completely clear. Someone called it "Hallmark movie snow". Very pretty. Enjoy your new phone! My husband has a Samsung and I like the layout on it.

Must go do a bit of stuff. Or go to bed and ignore it all until the weekend.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

I can say the week went by fast, which is awesome!! Yesterday was really quiet at work. I enjoyed it A LOT!

Yes, @KateNkognito snowed here last night in to the morning but the roads look pretty clear. Now it is raining and should clear up mid day or so. Currently sitting at 30 degrees F but the cars seem to be driving normally without slipping, which is good! Yes, the yard is a bit Hallmark like! LOL

Looking forward to a quiet weekend. No plans, which is fine with me. Relax and catch up on Netflix. :)

Today it is one year ago that we moved in to our current place. Wow, that went by fast! Still have a few stray boxes sitting around. LOL

Have a good day and see you soon!

Next week, is March 1st - whaaaat?! Spring is coming!!! :#