Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    I am a health enthusiast. I have been incredibly busy the past few years. My fitness/health routine need some major improvement. I wanted to join a group of like minded people to help get back on track :)

Only have a few questions.

Should I post weigh ins on this thread in a certain format?

Anything else we should be posting?

Anything else to note during the challenge?

Thank you in advance💫

Major improvement is our favourite! I'm glad you'll be here enjoying the successes, the struggles, and all the stuff in between. Questions are a great way to begin.

Yes, you post here, for weigh-ins and everything else. The format is simple - put the weigh-in first, right at the top in your post. Just the weight all by itself is fine, or you can put your previous week and then the current one if you want to show your progress.

Other things to post? Well - anything you want to share. What's working, what you're struggling with, ideas, questions, support for a teammate, rants, pictures, all the things. It is really, really helpful to come into the team thread every day to read what everyone has to say, get a dose of enthusiasm, and slowly begin to hear our voices in your head. (insert several cackles here...)

If you like to post exercise stats, you can do that too. My co-captain @ashleycarole86 will tell you about how that works - steps, exercise minutes, any combo. We celebrate weekly about how amazing we are :smiley:

There are full group challenges every week too - optional, but sometimes fun and useful.

There is a full summary of this stuff, including our F2F habit tracker and other things, on page 1 of this chat. Don't worry if you don't read it right away - I'll be repeating it when our March chat thread opens up soon.

Jump in and blunder about - you'll figure it all out in no time.
  • jugar
    Who's up? Weigh-ins needed through Tuesday:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • jugar
    kdblpn wrote: »
    CW 280. I just can't get in the 270s for nothing. Maybe next week.

You will - 10 pounds down this month! Don't worry, your direction is the good one :smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 598 Member
    Tuesday Weigh-in

CW: 236.9

Bleh. I actually hit a new all-time-high weight this week of 239 & change. That didn't feel great. I'm on vacation this whole week and I guess it's showing already. But at least it did come down from the high. I'm about to take my third long walk straight up the mountain this week - love feeling a little sore in my calves and even obliques from the "hike"!

I'm behind on posts!

@micki48 sending good thoughts and metaphorical muscles for all the packing!

@Terytha happy (belated) birthday!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @ashleycarole86 could you take me off the exercise tracker for the rest of this month? I'm home, isolating with possible COVID 😩

Not a problem, just hop back in as soon as you're ready. In the meantime I won't pester you looking for updates! Sorry to hear you got sick... feel better soon! How have things been going with work and your masters and such? Any improvements in stress levels there?

Last call for anyone still wanting to report steps for the 13th-19th! Will be doing the report up later today.
  • ashleycarole86
    Welcome @BlissfulK .. so glad to welcome you aboard our lovely little part of MFP!

As @jugar said, my main role on the team as co-captain is organizer of the step challenge. Those who wish to participate report on their daily steps + exercise, which all gets converted to step equivalents.

The week is from Sun-Sat, so if by end of day Sunday you provide your steps for the following week, you can be assured you'll be counted in my report. Members are welcome to report in daily as well depending on preference.

If participating is something you're interested in, your daily step pledge is all you need to get started!
  • ashleycarole86
    2/21 exercise:
    6900 steps + 30 minutes strength
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Thank you for the welcome :) Yes, I’m definitely interested!

The only thing is I have to find my fitness tracker. Recently moved, not sure when it will be found.

Is it okay to post treadmill photos for proof or state the distance from exercise machines’ workout summaries?
  • ashleycarole86
    @BlissfulK

Absolutely - it's an honor system and you can track it however you want. Time elapsed for the activity and perceived exertion (low effort, moderate or strenuous) can work just as well as step counts for walking based activities.. no issues!

As you get into it if you have any questions about your stats just let me know (and I'll ask to clarify if anything is uncertain)

Welcome again!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    @ashleycarole86

Thank you for the quick reply, I will post after my next workout. Thanks again!
  • jugar
    @kellie_erin No apologies needed! A rant is never going to bother us when you need to get stuff OUT. I hope you have gone off to rest now, and that you'll try not to worry until you feel better and can go hunting for the possibilities that are out there for you. Right now, rest and get better - and give your friend a call if you can! Hugs flying your way :heart:
  • jugar
    I hope everyone has had a good laugh over Twosday - we have been making terrible twos jokes all day :smiley:

It's time for the nightly nag! Don't forget to get those numbers in!
    Late - don't follow that rabbit down the hole, now:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Waifer003

Due Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi everyone!! Thanks for the good vibes and prayers. I truly feel it and I feel better! My stress doesn’t feel out of control anymore either. Thank goodness. We are still at it. More boxes everyday. The challenge of packing boxes is getting it done, but having room to still live here.

Lots still left to do, but we’ll get there. Can’t wait to be a fully participating member of the team.

Good vibes being sent to those struggling with Covid and other crud. Get well soon.

Happy birthday to you @Terytha!! 34 - you are the same age as my daughter. Hope it’s a great year for you.

Miss you my friends. Thanks again for the positive energy being sent my way. I REALLY appreciate it.

The packers (for big stuff only) will be here March 14th and loading March 15th. Daughters closing is 16th. Dive to Pennsylvania on the 17th. 🙏🏼😬😃📦📦📦📦📦📦📦🚛🚙🚙
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    No change in my weight this week unfortunately!
  • ashleycarole86
    hz0t8hc7rr5m.png
  • ashleycarole86
    2/22 exercise:
    3240 steps + 46 minutes Peloton

Today after work I am meeting up on the Peloton with a couple people I met in a different MFP group who also ride to do a group ride together. Feels fun!

I'll spend my lunch hour doing my strength program. I am still being a wuss about walking in the cold as my low step count from yesterday shows. I usually try to make up for it by walking around the house but between work and then a long video call with Brad's mom, there was just a lot of time spent on my butt!
  • jugar
    Happy Wednesday!

It's another blustery winter day - hope you're all feeling well or better. Thanks for the news @micki48 - you sound a lot more upbeat and that makes me smile. On March 17th, we'll all put in our ultimate step effort and see if we can do the trip with you! I'll actually be in North Carolina the week before you move- arriving the 9th and leaving the 14th. My sister @EvMakesChanges will join me the 11th! We're visiting our 91 year-old mom, the first time both of us will be there at the same time since... whenever... It will be good to see her. It has been a rough time, and she had covid in January, but it seems she is doing just fine now. We'll enjoy the balmy outdoor weather there and have some good walks, I'm sure.

@ashleycarole86 I love the idea of meeting up on the Peloton with other MFP friends - it sounds like a blast! Thanks again for the great step/exercise report - Munich to Prague! Beautiful places :smiley: I sure hope things don't get too fraught over there :grimace: Next week we'll walk with Michele!

Enjoy, put only good things in your mouth, and get some moves on. You'll love your day!
This discussion has been closed.