Looking for some MFP friends also on Keto!

Options
Tetrelle
Tetrelle Posts: 75 Member
Hey! I'm 36, doing a more dirty type of keto, and have lost 51 lbs so far in three months. (I was over 300 to start with). Not really looking to debate or compare. Just want some people to add me as a friend on myfitnesspal's main website and help keep each other accountable. I don't really look at the forums much, it gets too toxic here :(.
Feel free to add me!
Tagged:

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    welcome! Sorry I missed this. My teens have been keeping me busy the past couple days.
    I'm more active here than in the feed but you can add me if you like.
    KCKO!
  • rameshtaker
    rameshtaker Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    That's a great start! BTW: I've lost 6 in the first month and intend to continue until I lose 8-10 more kgs.

But, what's a "dirty" keto ?
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's a great start! BTW: I've lost 6 in the first month and intend to continue until I lose 8-10 more kgs.

i don’t like the term but, basically it is the opposite of clean keto where they eat meats/dairy/etc but, no sweeteners/processed packaged foods/gluten/etc.. basically on dirty keto, we do eat some of those things and stay under our carb limit (under 20 net carbs for me).. for example on clean keto, carbsmart tortillas would be a no-no but, on ‘dirty’ keto it would be i’m eating them if they fit into my day..

non-clean keto is more sustainable, especially for those of us on keto long-term and it is much more enjoyable since you can make keto cookies, pancakes, breads and so on..
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    MrsSylvie wrote: »

i don’t like the term but, basically it is the opposite of clean keto where they eat meats/dairy/etc but, no sweeteners/processed packaged foods/gluten/etc.. basically on dirty keto, we do eat some of those things and stay under our carb limit (under 20 net carbs for me).. for example on clean keto, carbsmart tortillas would be a no-no but, on ‘dirty’ keto it would be i’m eating them if they fit into my day..

non-clean keto is more sustainable, especially for those of us on keto long-term and it is much more enjoyable since you can make keto cookies, pancakes, breads and so on..

exactly. But sometimes it is used just to be snotty. :disappointed:

Ketosis is ketosis. Period. It's the same as the animosity between some vegans and meat-eaters, organic vs. American processed Diet, Paleo vs "everyone else" :joy: Some people insist on being better than someone else. Instead, our concern should really be what works and feels best for us, the YMMV situation. Sure everything "pure" and "healthy" is ideal, but if eating "dirty" keto works well for you and keeps you compliant over time so that you do finally reach your perfect health, then that is best.

As I always say:
    Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

If you lose your weight and pursue the best version of yourself, what you're doing isn't "wrong," whether or not someone wants to put a label on it and possibly some sort of negative connotation. Which is a "them" problem more than your problem.

KCKO. Whichever best version that is for you. :smile:

Wise woman. Well said.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Tetrelle wrote: »
    Hey! I'm 36, doing a more dirty type of keto, and have lost 51 lbs so far in three months. (I was over 300 to start with). Not really looking to debate or compare. Just want some people to add me as a friend on myfitnesspal's main website and help keep each other accountable. I don't really look at the forums much, it gets too toxic here :(.
    Feel free to add me!
    Tetrelle wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!
    Welcome! Amazing results. Inspiring ❤️
  • rabbitlvr
    rabbitlvr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join an accountability group if there's one :) I'm 38, got back into keto after I weaned off breastfeeding my baby. Keto helps me maintain my weight better, and it's yielded better results for me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    rabbitlvr wrote: »
    I'd like to join an accountability group if there's one :) I'm 38, got back into keto after I weaned off breastfeeding my baby. Keto helps me maintain my weight better, and it's yielded better results for me.

We're usually updating over here. Come join us.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853815/daily-check-in-for-keto-friends-volume-4#latest
  • wyldwytch13
    wyldwytch13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing, I'm just about to embark on keto (have just over 50lbs) to lose so will add you as could do with some motivation. More than happy to motivate back of course :)
  • SparrowJules
    SparrowJules Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've started KETO around 1 1/2 months ago and i'm doing pretty well with it so far, but would also like some more friends to interact with on here. I have around 100 lbs to lose, so I'll be here a while.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Friends 🙂
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I added you!