February 27

Options
13»

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    In order to get ready for March, hubby and I spent most of Sunday afternoon emptying all dry / tinned type items from pantry and cupboards, and TOSSING anything with too much sugar / dried out / expired / .... TOO OLD TO HAVE A NUTRITIONAL CONTENTS LABEL ... yup, actually found a few of those in a back corner! >:)

Ok - I just have to ask, when did nutritional labels come into play??? :)

Must have felt amazing! Good for you!

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady I have a voracious appetite. I decided to cut calories, I was going to "fast". But I have low blood sugar so I have to allow for that. For me, "fasting" goes like this: nothing to eat after supper. But for morning coffee, I add protein powder to keep my sugar balanced. Then I try not to eat until noon. But if I can't make it, I boil some squash cubes in chicken broth and add some turmeric and ginger. Then I puree it with some cashew milk. This tides me over until my eating window between noon and supper. That really helped to control my appetite. I found I can resist eating in the morning without much pain as long as I keep my sugar balanced. It saves me about 300 calories a day. Easier now to stay within my limit. Good luck finding something that works for you.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @Mrs_Hoffer and @MadisonMolly2017 — how fortunate are we to have you here to help each of us when we reach out? Immensely! Thank you so much for your response to @Caroline_slowandsteady as I know it is exactly what you have done for me so many times. This journey is life long and it sure is great to travel it with such kind and generous people. Grateful to you both. 💛💛

Thanks Julie! So many people here are willing to step up and help out when others are struggling. Maddie @MadisonMolly2017 is an amazing food detective, and she's got SOOOO much more experience than I do! This is such a wonderful community and I don't know where I'd be without y'all!! ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    2/27/2022
    Exercise? Not so much
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No

(I've been an emotional mess the past few days and can't seem to stop tearing up -- there's just some things that I am having issues dealing with in my head family-wise although the kids all say I worry too much... then I found out a friend of mine passed away this past Thursday and because of workload, short staff, and because we were "only friends," I can't get the time off to go to his funeral. It's all just stupid stuff, but it's been getting to me.)

@seilidhe I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you often have a lot on your plate (no pun intended). I do hope that you can find some "down" time for yourself soon - just to try to get some things worked out in your head - and also to grieve your friend. How sad that you can't even go to his funeral. Some days life just stinks.... {{HUGS}} my friend.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes a long walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer thank you for your idea about cutting out grains
    @MadisonMolly2017 thank you for all your wisdom and your offer to help. I am copying your questions here so I can answer them later:
    1. How much you’ve lost total
    2. How much you’ve lost since Jan 1
    3. Your current BMI & weight
    4. When you track EVERYTHING, how many calories do you eat?
    5. What’s your exercise look like?
    6. Height
    7. How often are you hungry?

@Jana_2020 thank you for your idea about fasting

I am out of time this morning (just wrote a long intro post) but I am going to bring these questions and considerations to the March "What's on Your Mind" thread tomorrow, so that everyone can benefit from your wisdom. I will tag you in it when I do it.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me through this. And I appreciate everyone else's support too.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    In order to get ready for March, hubby and I spent most of Sunday afternoon emptying all dry / tinned type items from pantry and cupboards, and TOSSING anything with too much sugar / dried out / expired / .... TOO OLD TO HAVE A NUTRITIONAL CONTENTS LABEL ... yup, actually found a few of those in a back corner! >:)

Ok - I just have to ask, when did nutritional labels come into play??? :)
    Must have felt amazing! Good for you!

As per www.canada.ca (the federal government website), in Canada .... "Nutrition labeling became mandatory for all prepackaged foods on December 12, 2007."
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    2/27
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-P

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging