February 28

Options

Replies

• ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    how are we on last day of great FEB?! celebrated bday with loved ones and it was amazing!! yyy for the entire wknd and today.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Give your pet some extra attention today they aren’t here forever.

I’m so sad to hear, that’s always the saddest day for all the wonderful days you get to spend with your pets. Mine is getting lots of extra love tonight. He had to have his middle back digit removed today and he is not a happy camper… but they found a malignant melanoma In his paw pad - very rare but it hasn't spread so this was the best choice. Hopefully this is the only one - I think he burned his paw on our wood stove years ago and possibly it caused some permanent cell damage. Poor guy…

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Pool day and an hour walk / jog
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

wjmc3ja8jg2e.jpeg

On a higher note - only used 1 of 3 pass days. Lost 8 pounds this month more than I thought
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,893 Member
    Options
    2/28
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-P-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (1hr 11min walk)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (🔥=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🏴‍☠️-🔥-🔥
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥- 🏴‍☠️-🔥
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥
    Passes used = 2 / 3

Winner's Circle here I come!

Other habits I’m tracking this month:
    ✔︎ Morning meditation
    📿-📿-📿- ✘ -📿- ✘ - ✘
    📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿
    📿-📿- ✘ -📿-📿-📿-📿
    📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿
    ✘ Drink >64oz water (lost track again today!)
    💧-💧-💧-💧- ✘ -💧-💧
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧
    💧- ✘ -💧-💧-💧- ✘ - ✘
    ✘ -💧-💧- ✘ -💧-💧- ✘

I joined MFP in 2012 and have used it daily for long periods (in weight loss) and then would stop logging once I hit my goal, then start again when I would gain it back. What I am finding now that is making the difference is: I'm no longer putting myself on a weight loss timeline (slow & steady), I am making habit changes and mindset changes first priority, and I'm only making changes I can sustain for a lifetime. I'm so glad I found this group as it has really made such a positive impact on me not just from an accountability standpoint but also the encouragement and support is so wonderful!💗
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and a short neighborhood walk.
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    4 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-P-7-P-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-P-P-27-28

How long have you been on MFP, and what was the catalyst that drove you to finally 'get started'
    - I can't remember how long I've been on MFP. I started out on SparkPeople back in 2009 and somewhere along the way switched over to MFP (under a different username). However, I would log for a month or two and then go on hiatus for awhile. I never really used the community forums or groups until this go around. I started back again in September, 2021 after being a bit shocked that I had gained back 15 pounds of the 25 pounds I had lost the first half of 2020.

How much weight you've lost and how long it has taken you to lose it
    Since the beginning of September, 2021, I've lost a little over 30 pounds. I now have lost my "baby weight" almost 30 years after the birth of my first child. :-) I'm about 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

What's been the most difficult part of your journey

Not being able to trust myself. I'll be doing fine and then go off and binge one night. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I can't figure out how to stop myself even when I know I shouldn't be doing it.

What's something that you've learned from being in the UAC about weight loss or maintaining
    I've learned so much from all you wonderful people. Don't let your mood be tied to the number on the scale. Tracking will give you insight. This group has also helped me understand myself better.

Edited to add that I am a champion (posting everyday)!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    Monday February 28

✅✅✅
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    2/28

Exercise: 55 minutes weight training, 45 minutes elliptical. 50 minutes stretching and PT exercises
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 3
    Winner's circle: yes
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    Exercise – yes bike ride, gym and cardio
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    2 pass days used (Sat 12th, and Thurs 24th)

This month I am a Winner!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Feb 28
    Pass Day #13 (approximately)

Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, 40 minutes stretching and release work (I had a Zoom work training where I got to just listen), 30 minutes walk
    Tracking: Planned the day at the right number of calories, then tracked every little nibble - didn't deny myself the nibble, just tracked it.
    Calories: That added up to 500 extra calories!

My weight was steady with that. That makes me wonder if maybe my "maintenance" goal number is actually too low and that is part of my hunger problem?

I was not hungry with all the nibbles. But planning ahead too eat more nutritious food would certainly better than giving in to nibbles from the kids' snack shelf.

I am going to try to answer @Mrs_Hoffer's questions in my intro post in March. I always write the intro from scratch and use it as an opportunity to reflect on my journey. Those are good questions for that.

@snowshoe072 I am so sorry about your dog. A good dog is so precious, and the loss is so hard. I lost my 13 year old special dog coming up on 4 years ago this spring. I am still grieving her, but her memory gets sweeter every day.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~💖~ 2 / 28 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 26.820+.......... 180 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1 = ( P )

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-( P )-20-21-22-23-24
    -25-26-27-28-

Good Bye February ~ Hello March
    💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,551 Member
    Options
    @Intrinsicat I do hope your buddy heals quickly scratches behind the ears from me
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Forgot to add my stats for yesterday! :)

Feb 28:
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Exercise was 30 minutes of walking (indoors) at work.
    Onward to MARCH!!!!

@Intrinsicat what a cute picture! I can tell he's not very happy. Lol. Thanks for sharing.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Feb 28 (I DID make Champion List! 🏆) Pass days used: 4+

Exercise: 🐱‍👤 9th decent exergame day in a row
    Logged all: 🐱‍👤 10th day in a row
    In Range: 🐱‍👤 4rd day in a row
    (🐱‍👤 = 3yes day; 🙈 = pass day )
    🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🙈🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🙈🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤

I've got a strong streak going to take me into March .... Let's start it off with a ROAR!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I want to thank all of you for your thoughts regarding my buddy Sadie we walked with her to the Rainbow Bridge this morning it’s a empty home even with 2 other big guys but I have wonderful memories of her with our family. Give your pet some extra attention today they aren’t here forever.

Biggest hug to you.
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    [*] what's something that you've learned from being in the UAC about weight loss or maintaining,

gosh only one thing? This group has completely changed my mindset about weight loss, partly because of each person’s input, partly because of the resources recommended. My 2 biggest changes in weight loss approach are 1. Slow is OK because slow increases the odds of keeping it off and 2. Don’t make any changes that aren’t sustainable.

@biketheworld I would echo this 100%

@ashleycarole86 wow! Congrats on your success! Thank you for sharing. I can really relate to the perfectionist tendencies you spoke about.

@snowshoe072 sending you big hugs for your sweet Sadie 🐾🖤 our fur babies provide a special kind of love: unconditional, unending love. Time is precious with them, thank you for the reminder.
    I could write a book on the things that I have learnt. Here are just a few of them.
    • Weight loss is only one measure of progress.
    • Creating a healthy, fit lifestyle is a life long process.
    • Effective sustainable habit modification is crucial to that process.
    • Everyone is an individual. What works for one may not work for another.
    • The support and encouragement of others on the same journey makes the process much easier. That’s why I’m in UAC 😂 (to name just one of my groups)

@TerriRichardson112 always such an inspiration! I'd buy your book😁

@Jana_2020 same. page. It's so wonderful to know I'm not alone on the "slow and steady" journey💗 "Just keep showing up." I'm adding to my mantra list!