Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The March Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to go starting tomorrow, Sunday, March 6th. Join us as we Step into Spring!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858208/march-week-2-group-challenge-5k-x1-2-3-step-into-spring#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    30 Day Spring Challenge, Day 14 (3/4):
    1. Get up right away ✖
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅‌
    6. Exercise ✅ - elliptical and circuit training with my students
    7. Take a shower ✅

Day 15 (3/5):
    1. Get up right away ✖
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✖
    6. Exercise ✅ - 15-minute walk outside
    7. Take a shower ✖

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 95 Member
    kkay2345
    WI Day: Saturday
    PW 170.4
    CW 170
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I read tonight.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 2348 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 171.5 I ate shrimp salad today because I'm having baked potato again tomorrow.

Taking it easy today, I read for a couple of hours. Did some laundry, changed the bed sheets and cooked lunch.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Hi team, on my laptop tonight, I got out of the tub and came straight to it to catch up with all of you!

@FushiaKat I'm sorry to read about your kidney function, I hope there's an easy answer to it like switching a medication. I hope you sleep through the night, I wish that was true about food eaten in the middle of the night! Shrimp salad sounds amazing, I knew I wanted to go to the store for something yesterday that was only on sale on Friday and totally forgot, it was shrimp! Shoot, next sale!

@askewcr Congratulations on the weight loss! Way to go on getting started again, it's so easy to keep on slacking off but you're back on track.

@tammymccrady6278 Holy cow your pup is getting really big! Have fun getting your hair done, I love hair days! Going to be looking hot at the grocery store! I'm always too tired to go out afterward but I always feel pretty plus my hairstylist is awesome so I have fun visiting.

@trooworld What are you painting? I know I'm nosy! I finished Deacon King Kong btw, I enjoyed the ending.

Had a tough Saturday, when I was at the holistic pain group making bath salts for them to sell the nurse looked to see what I have left on the rent-to-own unit, she lied and said it was a new unit when I got it when I was waiting for the last renter to turn it in (guess I was supposed to forget) when she was going to order me a new one so I'm getting the one I've been renting and she upped the price by quite a bit. It's almost paid off and I don't have the original quote so it's my word against hers and it helps me so I'm kind of stuck, taking her to court would be way more than paying it off. She either forgot the price she told me or thought she's squeeze more out of me when I had no choice and I'm really not ok with that especially after all the times I've helped her out and asked for nothing back. I was considering her a friend but that friendship is over. I sent her a letter and she backed down from trying to get an extra $800 out of me but it's still $400 more plus a lie that I didn't call her on because I couldn't nicely remind her of that. I'm not good at fake liking people, I have to think of this as a business relationship and not friendship now. On a brighter note tomorrow we're celebrating my Mom's birthday so it will be fun to be with family plus it will be good for my nephew to be around everyone. Have a great Sunday gang!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Username: Micaroo4
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 2/27: 129.4
    CW 3/6: 129.6
    Maintenance goal range 127-133 (center weight 130)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 275
    C. W. 270
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @askewcr- it is amazing how simple it is to get off track and how difficult it can be to put good habits back in place. Kudos to you for getting to it.

@tammymccrady6278 - I weigh daily and you've got to take the good with the bad. The good is that if I pop up on weigh in day- I've been weighing all week, so I know that's not a true number. Another good is that I may bump up my exercise or cut back on food during the week if my weight is up. The bad is the ups and downs during the week can play with your emotions. Try to treat it like a piece of data and nothing else.

@trooworld - hope you are enjoying a nice quiet weekend.

@FushiaKat - hope your knee feels better and the kidney thing is an easy fix. My Dad has been working on his kidney function for probably 10 years now. The tweaked some meds and it's been quite stable.

@Katmary71 - wow, that takes a lot of guts on her part asking for all that help and then cheating you. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. I admire your strength!

@19shmoo69 - Whoa 5 pounds- wow!

Quiet weekend here. Went out Friday and got a margarita! Took a nice long walk yesterday and then did house cleaning and worked in the yard. Nice active day! Kids will be home later in the week for Spring Break. I tend to fall off the wagon a bit when they are here because the foods they like are things I don't eat often when they are gone. Time to go do some menu planning. My pup is hanging in there- his belly is quite large with fluid, but he continues to act like not much is wrong. I really underestimated how stubborn, I mean determined he is.

My son is graduating in early May. We are expecting a family visit around then, AND it's my birthday. I went shopping in my closet for a dress to wear to the grad and it would look much nicer if I got some pounds off prior. I'm considering challenging myself to get losing for these occasions. After the crazy week I had, I'm wondering if this is a good idea. Still pondering.

Enjoy Sunday.

Lisa
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2022
    One of my goals is to walk 10 miles each week.
    Week 1 - 3/1-3/5: I walked 14.3 miles. If I include the elliptical at the gym my total is 22.6.
    I have to say, I hate getting started, but always feel so much better after.
    Great first week towards my 40 Miles in March for colorectal cancers. At this rate, I’ll have no problem completing the challenge. 🌞🌞🌞
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @leonadixon @kkay2345 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 LOL I don't mind sharing! I finished the piece I was painting, it was an abstract called "Blues Cuts the Cheese". I'll post a pic of it. I haven't quite finished Deacon King Kong, I am at the ending though. I'm so sorry about the rent-to-own unit, that is not right! To take advantage of someone in pain that needs it, that is shameful. I hope you enjoy celebrating your mom's birthday.

@Cornanda Thank you, I am! I'm glad you went out on Friday and enjoyed a margarita. You are doing great with the walks. Thank you for updating us on your pup...I'm glad he's hanging in there.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday relaxing. My husband and I parked far away from the coffee house and walked and had coffee, I went to an art opening by myself, and then came home to watch tv with my husband.

Here's a painting I just finished, it's called "Blues Cuts the Cheese":

jih278g12tel.jpg

1) Exercise 3 days a week - Yes, 4 days!
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 25 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 I am so sorry that your nephew is still struggling! I pray that he can overcome his issues and start loving his young life. Thanks for the advice on container gardening. I like the idea of growing some herbs. :)

@Cornada Amazon lost my quilt so I canceled the order. I was super annoyed but then I found a much nicer one on Wayfair and it will be here Tuesday, so I will let you know how I like it. I think you should challenge yourself to get into a nice dress for your son’s graduation and your birthday. Is there a chance you might not make it? Sure! But what are the chances of you getting into the dress if you don’t even try? Right!! That is what I told myself this morning. I could use all this health stuff with Joe to just stop trying but what would that accomplish? Me NOT ever getting into the cute T-shirts that I bought last summer. The motto is to NEVER give up! OK!! Good, I knew you would see it my way. <3:grin:

Hi Team! Sorry that I went MIA but we had to take another trip to the hospital. My Joe passed out Thursday morning at 6 am. I got him back in bed but when I tried to get him back up, he started passing out again, so I called the ambulance. The fall fractured his left humerus bone, and he will be in a sling for two weeks and then PT after that. The attending doctor feels that what has been causing Joe's fainting spells is something called Orthostatic Hypotension. This mainly means that his blood pressure drops when he stands up and he gets dizzy. The doctor is giving him a new med that is supposed to help regulate his BP from falling so low. Praying he doesn’t have an adverse effect! We came home last night at 7 pm and Joe was so weak he couldn’t even get up on his own. He is doing a bit better this morning but I think we are in for a long road of recovery and he is scheduled for his second chemo treatment next Friday. Yikes! This has been such an ordeal. Four hospital stays in four months is enough already!! :#

And of course, my weight is up from doing nothing but sitting and eating through my stress. But today that changes. I have restarted a Data-Driven Fasting challenge and I will get back to my workouts tomorrow. This whole thing with Joe has shown me that I have to start taking better care of myself so that I can take care of him and so that I can grow old in the best possible health possible.

There are 14 days left for March 20, the first day of Spring! Let’s not drop the ball on this challenge no matter what challenges we face in our lives! B)
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    Prayers for Joe! Very best wishes too!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2022
    Is this the right place to post weigh-ins, or is/will there be a separate thread for that. (I will look around...)

Username: walela617
    Weigh In Day: SUNDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.0 (02/20/22)
    PW (Current Weight): 163.0 (02/27/22)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.0 (03/06/22)

What the--? (Who am I kidding?) I know why I gained last week - I just don't think it's really 4.0 lbs.; so this week I'm going to be extra careful with nutrition and water and I plan to do much more activity; so hopefully, I will show significant progress in the right direction by March 13th.

I call "Do-Over"! For some reason, my weight loss ticker doesn't want to update. I will check back in tomorrow to see if it took effect overnight.

Have a great week everyone!
    Carole
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! And with some awesome numbers up on the spreadsheet, we've set ourselves up to have a successful month. Can we do it again next week? Can we do even better?

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

03vlvnqf8doy.png
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Congratulations team with best team performance the first week!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I read tonight.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 2544 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 168.3

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear that Joe was in the hospital again. I hope it gets sorted out soon, he must be miserable, and you are sick with worry.

Congrats to those team members who are on the leaderboard, well done!! You are in inspiration to us all.
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Weekends tend to lack routine, and it is more difficult to stay motivated.

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day 16 (3/6):
    1. Get up right away ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✖
    6. Exercise ✖
    7. Take a shower ✅

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
This discussion has been closed.