Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Replies

• gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,096 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Two here on MFP, can't remember on SP but maybe one

What do you like to do for fun? I have too many hobbies. I like to read, do counted cross stitch, card making. I have a lot of other crafty things that I would like to do if I had a lot of time. I also run, hike, strength train. Last year I started kayaking, but still just dabbling in that.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nashville, TN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am working on my running. I used to be a much better runner but health concerns have slowed me down a great deal. I have psoriatic arthritis and Ehlers Danlos - staying mobile and fit is important to me. I usually exercise five or six days a week, and I am going to put more focus on my running, trying to build my endurance back up. I used to do half marathon and marathon distances but over the past couple of years, I have had to walk more than run. I want to build that back up.

Anything else you would like to share? I have been maintaining my weight now since 2013. For the winter challenge I actually ended up losing a few pounds, which was a bit of a surprise - but certainly a pleasant one!
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 1,916 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have finished 19, so this will be my 20th.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to eat, cook, bake, and fortunately I like exercise too. I enjoy reading, sewing, knitting, and love gardening, but DH and I travel too much to keep the gardens, so right now we have the beds planted to red clover to rebuild the soil until we "settle."

What major city do you live in or near? State? My home is southern Idaho, DH's is North Dakota, and during the winter we are snowbirds in southern Utah.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Continue to whittle away on my middle-age belly, and build a strong aerobic base to perhaps train for one more half marathon?

Anything else you would like to share? My word for 2022 is "Practice." ;) I chose that because I need to let go of unrealistic exceptions, and the curse of perfectionism. :#
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,574 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have been doing these challenges since the SUDS Team on SP. I have no idea how many it has been. I just know that I have enjoyed every one of them. It helped to keep me going when I was going through Chemo and Radiation.

What do you like to do for fun? If possible, I love to walk on trails and travel. Right now I am a caregiver for 100% disabled husband. He just turned 70 and he is having problems with falling. Most of our outings are to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping. Now we enjoy watching old movies and shows like Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train and similar shows.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in a small community and the nearest big city is Memphis, TN. We don't go there very often.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just want to keep losing weight and try to get my body back in shape. Hopefully it will help me to not need certain meds anymore.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a mother to 4 children, Grandma to 12 children and Great grandma to 2 precious little girls.
  • shannshine1
    shannshine1 Posts: 620 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few, but never here. I was on SparkPeople before it changed format. I had some wonderful people on my team! There was a great camaraderie, a true spirit and solidarity, full of encouragement and kindness.

What do you like to do for fun? I live in a beach town so I enjoy being outside breathing the salty air, swimming in the sea (in the summer season), longe-côte in the cooler ones, leisurely walking or cycling , doing things with my two children and reading-- but that's a luxury I don't often get to partake in because of the children! Just enjoying the beautiful area that I am fortunate to live in.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in the region of Brittany in France.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I've got a lot of extra weight on me and it's starting to create physical aches which were not there before. So, the goal is to lighten up the load so that my back and feet will not suffer, gain some strength and just feel better overall. I want to feel like I've recharged my batteries and am raring to go!

Anything else you would like to share? I am an example to follow with my daytime eating and an absolute disaster in the evening with my night time snacking!! It's a habit and not a need and I often don't realise I've consumed until after the fact. It's awful and completely out of control. Sometimes it's procrastination, sometimes stress, sometimes boredom... I think if I could get that under control, my weight would be too. A goal to work on during this challenge too...
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,445 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Cloverleaf since 2013 so approximately 51

What do you like to do for fun? gardening, reading, crocheting, sitting around the campfire

What major city do you live in or near? State? Magic Valley, southern Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? continuing fitness: walking, rowing, weights, stress way less

Anything else you would like to share? Keep on moving! getting my bike up and running again
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,350 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This Spring Challenge will be my 3rd

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking, reading, walking my dogs, crocheting.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Phoenix, AZ

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Biggest goal is to lower my cholesterol. Was high in November - I've had bad reactions to statins and prefer to use diet and exercise to keep it in check, and I
    have been able to before. So I have until mid May before I get my blood work done again.

Anything else you would like to share? These 5 % challenges have kept me going when I would have given up.
  • lindapost1
    lindapost1 Posts: 3,609 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Coming over from SP I have done many 5% challenges. This is my 3rd challenge with MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, bike, and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Colorado Springs, CO however we are snowbirds so winter is Tuscon AZ

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting back on track! Lately it seems to be so up and down for me. I have to break that trend!

Anything else you would like to share? I am so thankful I found the MFP family when SP ended for me. I had started with them back in February 2008. Grateful to be here with you all
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,537 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Too many to count! But I love them!

What do you like to do for fun?
    I like to read fiction and I like to walk.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I guess the nearest major city would be Mobile, AL, but I live in Mississippi.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I want to add 2 days of strength training, but it's hard for me to work it in, so it's a goal I'm trying to achieve. Other than that, I want to lose my 5% of fat!

Anything else you would like to share?
    I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have 7 grandchildren! The oldest is graduating from high school this year.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 864 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure but several on SP

What do you like to do for fun? Golf, Read, Games on PC, Travel

What major city do you live in or near? State?Winston Salem, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to stay in 140-150 lbs range and stay active

Anything else you would like to share? I have a new grandson 4 months old and want to be able to do many things with him. Recently went walking with him and pushed the stroller on hills and curves on a really nice place for walking. He already loves to be outside!
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 622 Member

Somewhere in the upper 40's,

Time with family and loved ones, knit prayer shawls for God, play Boggle with Friends, watch Hallmark movies, and enjoy big bodies of water or state parks, and entertainment venues with good food, theatre, or slow dancing.

Duluth MN

Lose 3-4 lbs. Be more mindful about my healthier eating habits. Workout at least 30 minutes each day.
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 219 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I haven't kept track but I think maybe about 4/5 years worth

What do you like to do for fun? I love reading, drawing and Netflix also like walking outside with the family when possible and enjoy working out in general.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Liverpool, England

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm trying not to put a number on it but losing a stone would be a great start

Anything else you would like to share? I'm really looking forward to the challenge and I'm challenging myself to do more on the social side of things so if anyone needs a buddy to check in with let me know.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,644 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Crafts/Card making, Graphic art/photography, being with family and friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Sarasota Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get to my age 65 goal. 5lbs to go!

Anything else you would like to share? I'm on the RED HOT CHILI STEPPERS 5% Team.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,402 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several. I have lost count how many.
    What do you like to do for fun? Walk, read, dance, watch sports, do arts and crafts
    What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Toronto, Ontario
    What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My health and fitness goals for this season are to continue to stay on track with my eating and exercise.

Anything else you would like to share? I have a 16 year old daughter and two budgie birds.I like to volunteer whenever I can, including at local tennis tournaments.
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,268 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Coming over from SP I have done many 5% challenges. This is my 3rd challenge with MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Water aerobics, family time, movies and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Deland, Florida which is Central Florida mid way between Orlando and Daytona Beach.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting back on track! Losing my 5% weight

Anything else you would like to share? I am retired teacher, married, 2 adults sons. Grateful to be here with you all. Love all the support and encouragement from friends on MFP.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,108 Member
    ~ I cannot tell you how many... All I know is that after joining SP back in April 2009, I did join up a 5% challenge about 5 months in. I left for a while and then came back and never left. The 5% challenge keeps me accountable.

~ I love to walk, dance, exercise, read, sew, and learning new things.

~ I live in the outskirts of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

~ I want to lose the weight I have put on since arriving in Canada at the end of January 2020 and continue on my journey to fitness.

~ I live with my husband Michael and have a 12 year old dog named Mimi. We brought her back with us from Senegal. She has adapted to Canada extremely well. We are the parents of two children, and they both have two children each. We also have a niece who we consider as a daughter because she lived with us for 17 years in Dakar, Senegal before she left and came to live in Canada. We are very happy to be closer to family. People always ask why we left the sunshine to come to live in Canada, and the answer is that both Michael and I truly prefer the cooler weather and that we wanted to be closer to family.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited March 2022
    This will be my 21st challenge

Write, read, jigsaw puzzles, music (piano, guitar)

Honolulu (but it's on a different island) Hawaii
    Kailua-Kona (my island) Hawaii

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Maintain weight loss and strengthen my legs for walking

Recently retired (Sept. 1) as a college professor of psychology
    Long ago retired (2003) as a United Methodist minister
    Mother of 4, grandmother of 9, Great-grandma of 11
    Happily living alone so I can write and create
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,300 Member
    I have done a few.

Gardening and tracing my ancestry.

I live outside of Boston, Massachusetts

Lose 8lbs and consistently do 2 strength training sessions a week

I live with my hubby and two cat sisters. I have a good life and feel grateful every day.
  • steviebee888
    steviebee888 Posts: 727 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've done a few on Sparkpeople and maybe 3 since we've moved to MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to journal, travel, and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Indianapolis, IN

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to, of course, lose weight, but I would like to build muscle mass as well.

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to the next challenge.
  • rockycatsmamma
    rockycatsmamma Posts: 384 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many I've lost count, so happy to see them continue here!

What do you like to do for fun? read, craft, hike, play games

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in NJ closer to NYC than not.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get back to increasing my walking milage...I don't mind slow right now, running can wait for a while.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,517 Member
    Many-started in 2018.
    Read, played Pokémon go, exercise
    What major city do you live in or near? State? An hour west of NYC

Gotta lose 10 lbs -weight and blood pressure are way too high