March 19

Options

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    After saying yesterday that I want to spend the next 14 days focusing on consistency, I totally blew it today. It started with my partner making a "nice light breakfast" that I reckon was 1000 calories. Now, I had planned to have additional calories today to prep for a long ride tomorrow. But that was a LOT. Then we went out for lunch and the salad I was planning to have was not available. So I had a very disappointing and not worth the calories veggie curry with probably bottled sauce. Then I totally spiraled at dinner. Its midnight. I finished eating 5 hours ago and I am still so uncomfortably full that I'm considering skipping tomorrow's ride and that is how this spiral propagates.

This is probably 11 of 3 pass days.

@Cowphilosopher, I totally agree with @MadisonMolly2017 "YOU are the boss of what goes in your mouth"

This is the phrase I repeat to myself every time there is tempting stuff in front of me "People may offer me stuff but I am the BOSS of what goes in my mouth. Gone are the days when my parents/caregivers were the boss of what goes into my mouth!"

Why do you plan to spoil the next day based on what happen today?

I came across this post recently. I pray you find it helpful.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Great topic @ashleycarole86

We all have aims.
    Sometimes we hit the mark.
    Occasionally we fall short.
    Life is a series of choices.
    Working on changing your choices and change your life.

🥳 Congratulations 🥳 3 x yes today 👌🏻
    @donna25trinity
    @DebyS137

🎉 Bravo 🎉 for choosing to post, no matter what 👌🏻
    @stella7x7

‘The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is what you become.’
    (Heraclitus)

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,388 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    2 pass days used for month
    I use my to do list. Same list every day-change as needed -sometimes I don’t get far down list and it’s ok
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    3/19/2022
    Exercise? No
    Tracking? No
    Calories? No
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A pass day
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    3/19
    Exercise: 140 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 0
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    We all have aims.
    Sometimes we hit the mark.
    Occasionally we fall short.
    Life is a series of choices.
    Working on changing your choices and change your life.

🥳 Congratulations 🥳 3 x yes today
    @Marilynsretired
    @bookieNJ
    @calvin20874

🎉 Bravo 🎉 for choosing to post, no matter what 👌🏻
    @Winner_in_Life
    @seilidhe

‘The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is what you become.’
    (Heraclitus)

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yesx3
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    yesx3

Well done!!!
  • VickiSLaw
    VickiSLaw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No, no and no
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an early morning walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

4/3 used

Speaking of busy I’m catching up for the weekend while I tracked everything it’s been by the skin of my teeth but still keeping under most days
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

B-U-S-Y!

A word that most of us are likely to say we know all too well.

What is a strategy you employ to keep you on track with your goals and healthy lifestyle even when life gets busy?

Thought provoking post, Ashley, ty!

Hmm, I didn't think I was overly successful at this, but as I think a bit on it I guess I have 3/4 main strategies for keeping a busy work week in check: meal prepping on Sunday, carefully thought out grocery shopping to allow for some quick meals and some calorie wise snacks & sweets, and lastly, utilizing my lunch hour to get some movement/exercise in. I also cook a lot of sheet pan meals during the work week; they cook quickly and can be prepared easily with minimal effort (especially if I've washed and prepped fresh vegetables ahead or if I use frozen); this also frees up time to do something else while it roasts in the oven instead of attending to the stove. I've done these things for so many years now that it's more of a habit, but in reality these are very successful strategies that I employ to help with a busy week and to eat nutritiously.

Yes to tracking and logging; no to staying in budget but I was only 58 calories over, so not too bad today.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @Jana_2020 Those are great suggestions, especially the one about sheet pan meals.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an early morning walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

4/3 used

Speaking of busy I’m catching up for the weekend while I tracked everything it’s been by the skin of my teeth but still keeping under most days

Great job!
  • Jana_2020
    Options
    @Jana_2020 Those are great suggestions, especially the one about sheet pan meals.

Ty. Oh, one last thing that I discovered late in life: use parchment paper on those sheet pans--makes for a quick & easy clean up afterwards! So much better than foil: food doesn't stick to it and it's way more cost effective than foil.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »

Ty. Oh, one last thing that I discovered late in life: use parchment paper on those sheet pans--makes for a quick & easy clean up afterwards! So much better than foil: food doesn't stick to it and it's way more cost effective than foil.

And buy the parchment paper in pre-cut sheets :-)
  • Jana_2020
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »

And buy the parchment paper in pre-cut sheets :-)

Good tip ty! I can't believe I went for 45 years without ever using it! It's like the invention of sliced bread for me lol. :D
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    @enlightenme3 & @Jana_2020 It cones in pre-cut sheets!?! On the lookout now! Hubby does all the washing up and is always grateful that I became a convert to using parchment on the baking sheets. But pre-cut sheets — truly would be greater than the invention of sliced bread. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @enlightenme3 & @Jana_2020 It cones in pre-cut sheets!?! On the lookout now! Hubby does all the washing up and is always grateful that I became a convert to using parchment on the baking sheets. But pre-cut sheets — truly would be greater than the invention of sliced bread. Thanks!

Ok, seconding this comment!! WHAT??????? lol, first I'm hearing about it...

Great tips @Jana_2020 ... I too have been using my lunch hour for movement... it clears my head of work stress and it's also just an effective use of the time. Thanks for sharing!