Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/22
    Step count 8489

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHH, my struggle is so real lately! It's mostly my drive to work out! I got so lazy after the weekend (LAST WEEKEND :# ) and am having so much difficulty just doing my thing! I did so well for a couple months. I'm trying so hard to avoid 'all or nothing' thinking. I know I will come back to what I felt SO great doing. My motivation is just...like packed away in the basement. Bleck. Well, weathers turning for the better where I am, so come on vitamin D, help a sister out! Have a great week everyone!

@lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW: 217.2 lb
    CW: 220.4 lb

Good weather is on its way. Start with a small exercise goal each day and build on that.

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.1
    CW: 133.8

@lindamtuck2018 I would like to finish out the month before moving to maintenance. I am not sure what my weight range will be. I would like to get to 130 but am trying to stay steady cuz have 2 plastic surgery consults next month. They asked that I maintain a stable weight range for a minimum of 8 months before being considered for surgery. Am having a hard time finding drs. because I am a transplant patient.

Amazing loss! Just remind me at the end of the month.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Hello Downsizers. This is a copied message I just posted to my wall. I wanted to make sure I copied it here as well. 🙂

Hello MFP Family. I have some news. I am preparing to have a very complex major surgery next month. Hubs and I are busy making plans for being away from home for almost 2 months. I don't mean to be mysterious, so I'll post more details in the next couple of days. I feel great, just a bit overwhelmed with all the arrangements to get stuff done before we leave. Lee🧡

Do you want to be moved to support for April and May?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    5suygx4uxti2.gif

Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! I reached goal today!

SW: 250
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 149.9 (-2.7)

I can't believe it! I'm so happy! Now the really tough phase begins: figuring out where my weight will settle and working to keep it there every day! Thanks so much for all of your support - I couldn't have done it without you!

3/22:
    Calories: 1,173
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 12,406

@Beautyofdreams I don't think I will need any muscle repair - but I will let you know once I start visiting with surgeons!

I hope you are all having a great day!!

Congratulations! Goal! Do you want to be moved to maintenance on the spreadsheet? I need to know a goal range. You still report your weight here.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    2th64vosp7b1.png

@peng123
    You are an inspiration!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you SO MUCH! What would I do without your constant encouragement??? Yes - please move me to maintenance. I need to make a trip to see my doctor to figure out next steps. Usually, at this weight, I have a trimmer belly - so we might decide that it's a good idea for me to lose a little more before I make an appointment with Dr. Tummy Tuck. Right now, my upper limit is 150 - don't have a lower limit yet though. Is that ok?
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @beautyofdreams Just try for 2 minutes each time until that feels doable then add a minute until that feels doable and repeat. That is how I had to start. Everybody in my rec center uses the treadmills or bike but not many use the elliptical so I was forced to start using it if wanted to do cardio when the weather is bad. (THIS IS A GREAT IDEA)!! I'll do this for sure!!!

3/22
    Stayed within calories. Didn't exercise AT ALL. My thighs were throbbing from 2 days ago. Feeling much better today so back at it tonight (home exercises)
    Steps: BLECH 3,967

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @peng123 congrats on reaching your goal. Best wishes on finding your new steady weight.
  • peng123
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 13,773
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 878/1500

I definitely bit off more than I can chew with the lap goal. If I can reach 1250 I will be satisfied. I may take today as a rest day as I don’t have a lot of get up and go. How often do you take a rest day?

@lindamtuck2018 During my weight loss phase, I tried to take 2 rest days per week - sometimes I took more - sometimes I took 1 - it just depended on how my body was feeling. Now, I will try to workout 4-5 times per week and take 2-3 rest days.
  • peng123
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @peng123 congrats on reaching your goal. Best wishes on finding your new steady weight.

@rwood566 Thank you so much - you are such an inspiration to all of us!!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! Just being "accountable" is helping me so much!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you SO MUCH! What would I do without your constant encouragement??? Yes - please move me to maintenance. I need to make a trip to see my doctor to figure out next steps. Usually, at this weight, I have a trimmer belly - so we might decide that it's a good idea for me to lose a little more before I make an appointment with Dr. Tummy Tuck. Right now, my upper limit is 150 - don't have a lower limit yet though. Is that ok?

I will move you. How about until you decide we do a 5 pound range so between 145 and 150? Have you checked out the maintenance chat I sent you a few days ago? Some of the F2F members at goal may be able to provide some guidance. I think I am going to do one rest day a week. Today I did a very short swim and some exercises but it was a nice break.

@beautyofdreams Just try for 2 minutes each time until that feels doable then add a minute until that feels doable and repeat. That is how I had to start. Everybody in my rec center uses the treadmills or bike but not many use the elliptical so I was forced to start using it if wanted to do cardio when the weather is bad. (THIS IS A GREAT IDEA)!! I'll do this for sure!!!

3/22
    Stayed within calories. Didn't exercise AT ALL. My thighs were throbbing from 2 days ago. Feeling much better today so back at it tonight (home exercises)
    Steps: BLECH 3,967

Don’t blame you for resting those muscles. Enjoy your exercise tonight.
  • peng123
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 The 5-pound range sounds great to me - thanks! I still need to check out the maintenance chat - honestly, I thought it would take another week or two for me to get to goal - I was surprised this morning when I stepped on the scale!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @peng123
    Congratulations on achieving goal weight!

@lindamtuck2018
    I have found I need two active rest days so I take Sunday and Wednesday. On those days I only try to get a minimum of 7 k steps and don’t worry about any cardio or strength training. Doing so has made a difference in how much fatigue I feel at the end of the week. Prior to that I was doing 6 days per week and sometimes 7 days of cardio/ strength training. Surprisingly (or maybe not) it hasn’t made any difference in my weekly rate of weight loss. I have averaged 1.8 lbs per week each month so far this year.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Hump day is over. Woot.
    Check in for 3/23:
    Steps - 6738 plus 20 minutes bike.
    Calories - 1869 or close.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 8 machines and 20 minutes bike moderate intensity. Walk this evening. 35 minutes at 3 mph pace.
  • peng123
    Options
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/23:
    Calories: 1,161
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,721

I've had four days of pretty intense exercise - I'm feeling it today - will likely take a rest day or do something fairly easy.

@tahm42 MANATEES!! I love them so much!! I can't believe you were able to see them up close like that - I'm so jealous!!

@rwood566 You are so consistent with your exercise - it's really impressive!

@Morethanjustanumber Thank you so much!

I hope you all have an amazing day!

Cara
This discussion has been closed.