Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/21
    Step count 10,686

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    Did a 20 minute strength workout only to finish 1/2 way. I'm cool with that. Finished on the elliptical and I swear it felt like 30 minutes of complete anguish and my thighs were on fire torture and I looked down and it was only 2 1/2 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You elliptical warriors, I have the most UPMOST respect for you!! I got off of that TORTURE machine and got on the treadmill and raised up the level to 2. Ya'll can have THAT beast.

Stay tuned... lol

I don’t think I have lasted more than 5 minutes on an elliptical. That, stair climbers and jacobs ladders get me every time.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/20
    Step count 7012
    Got my steps in for the day and then had to recharge my watch!

Nice steps! Do you have to charge yours everyday? My Apple Watch charge is not holding.
    cormierannie
    apologies for being late with my weigh in. i was not feeling well yesterday.
    pw: 153 pounds
    cw: 152 pounds
    weigh in day Sunday

Nice loss! Have you been enjoying the amazing weather we are having in Southern Ontario?

mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 234.6
    CW (Current Weight): 232.6

Hi all, here for Monday check in.

An unexpected woosh considering I was still 234 this weekend. I was proud of myself when went out to eat for lunch on Saturday, the menu had calories on so chose more mindfully, but managed to fit dessert in. Fingers crossed it stays around and keeps going. Would be a boost as could meet my mini goal of being 230 and under.

I've been able to get a bit more walking in and looking into doing a 22 mile walk for charity in next few months which will be a challenge, but so rewarding!

I've unexpectedly been invited over for tea (evening meal) at relatives on Wednesday which will be a takeaway so going to try and be mindful where possible.

I got a reduced price small cake from supermarket tonight that can take in work in the coming days as a nice gesture and a celebration. With the cake being small and easter around the corner, it came into my head could also use up some of leftover Christmas chocolate by making easter nests to go alongside. I may end up having a bit of each, but will certainly help me to use up leftover chocolate in the house.

Whooshes are great! Fantastic loss! I like when I go to a restaurant that puts its calorie count on the menu. That’s a great idea to use up the leftover chocolate.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    03/21
    10,053 steps including a 3.2 mile walk.

@rwood566 Roger, it us awesome that you shared your story. It is inspiring and wishing you success with your consult tomorrow.

Hopped on the scale this morning and it read 133.9! While it’s always nice to lose weight I am working on maintenance.

Both mens’ and women’s teams made it to the sweet 16! Between the Chicago Bulls and college ball I will be watching a lot of tv in the coming weeks. And if it couldn’t get any better, it was 75 degrees here, I’m within calories and the Bulls are on tonight! So many blessings!

Are you officially on maintenance? If so I need to move you to the maintenance on the spreadsheet. I will need a goal zone range.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/21:
    Steps - 5885
    Calories - 1450. Missed lunch so I snacked. Low cal dinner. Fish and steamed veg. New dessert. Banana chocolate cake.
    Exercise - none. Gave 7 tubes blood and saw a surgeon. Light shopping after dinner.

My consult went well. Dr. Said he will gladly take the skin. He was surprised that my belly is so small. My legs will be first up but may be done in steps.

That’s great news on the consult. Did he give you an indication of how long before you would get into surgery?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/21
    Step count 10,686

Wow! You crushed your step goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 18,425
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 838/1500

The last few days my eating hasn’t been the greatest between too much sodium, carbs and a binge yesterday my weight has spiked. I am up 6 pounds from Friday. Not sure what caused the binge. I am heading to the pool soon.
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Check in for 3/21

I went to the bootcamp and it isn't for me after all. I specifically stated that my moves would need to be modified and that at times I'm really weak. I guess what I said went right through her ear, bypassed her brain and went out the other ear. It was like she was a DRILL SARGENT screaming at me. When I got to the large tractor tire, I seriously couldn't lift it. I tried multiple times as she was screaming at me. I stood back up and looked at her. There was a 5 second pause and I left.

If she would have kept screaming at me, I would have gone to jail.

Ended up with a heating pad on my back and 4 extra strength Tylenol's. I think I'm just going to stay on the stationary bike and treadmill here at work for a while.

Anywho, my steps for the day were 8,830 and I stayed in my calorie range.

What type of scale do you have? This digital one we have I swear is on crack. It flips back and forth from kg to lbs (which is fine), but I think I need a new one. I've replaced the batteries in it but the digital display is really light.

Today is a new day.... Taking the day off from the gym. Focusing on nutrition today.

Have a great one y'all!

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.1
    CW: 133.8

@lindamtuck2018 I would like to finish out the month before moving to maintenance. I am not sure what my weight range will be. I would like to get to 130 but am trying to stay steady cuz have 2 plastic surgery consults next month. They asked that I maintain a stable weight range for a minimum of 8 months before being considered for surgery. Am having a hard time finding drs. because I am a transplant patient.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/21:
    Calories: 1,183
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 18,257

My body is starting to get used to Daylight Savings Time - but it takes me forever - at least my exercise sessions are back.

@rwood566 and @Beautyofdreams I think I will be joining you both for surgery once I reach my goal weight - I'm almost there - but I might want to lose a few extra pounds because it's really hanging onto my belly - usually, at my current weight, I should be done - but not this time.

@melissadreed903 I'm so sorry that happened to you - I can't imagine an instructor discouraging someone like that

@lindamtuck2018 Gains happen - with your expertise in the pool, you will have those 6 pounds gone in no time!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

Cara
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did a 20 minute strength workout only to finish 1/2 way. I'm cool with that. Finished on the elliptical and I swear it felt like 30 minutes of complete anguish and my thighs were on fire torture and I looked down and it was only 2 1/2 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You elliptical warriors, I have the most UPMOST respect for you!! I got off of that TORTURE machine and got on the treadmill and raised up the level to 2. Ya'll can have THAT beast.

Stay tuned... lol

@melissadreed903 I saw your comment on my workout post and you crack me up! The elliptical has definitely helped me to drop pounds!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check in for 3/21

I went to the bootcamp and it isn't for me after all. I specifically stated that my moves would need to be modified and that at times I'm really weak. I guess what I said went right through her ear, bypassed her brain and went out the other ear. It was like she was a DRILL SARGENT screaming at me. When I got to the large tractor tire, I seriously couldn't lift it. I tried multiple times as she was screaming at me. I stood back up and looked at her. There was a 5 second pause and I left.

If she would have kept screaming at me, I would have gone to jail.

Ended up with a heating pad on my back and 4 extra strength Tylenol's. I think I'm just going to stay on the stationary bike and treadmill here at work for a while.

Anywho, my steps for the day were 8,830 and I stayed in my calorie range.

What type of scale do you have? This digital one we have I swear is on crack. It flips back and forth from kg to lbs (which is fine), but I think I need a new one. I've replaced the batteries in it but the digital display is really light.

Today is a new day.... Taking the day off from the gym. Focusing on nutrition today.

Have a great one y'all!

I have a 1byone scale. I got it off Amazon. I did try a renpho scale but gave it away as I find this one better.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    March
    13: 2727
    14: 2288
    15: 2301
    16: 2894
    17: 7067
    18: 4973
    19: 9076
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHH, my struggle is so real lately! It's mostly my drive to work out! I got so lazy after the weekend (LAST WEEKEND :# ) and am having so much difficulty just doing my thing! I did so well for a couple months. I'm trying so hard to avoid 'all or nothing' thinking. I know I will come back to what I felt SO great doing. My motivation is just...like packed away in the basement. Bleck. Well, weathers turning for the better where I am, so come on vitamin D, help a sister out! Have a great week everyone!

@lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW: 217.2 lb
    CW: 220.4 lb
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHH, my struggle is so real lately! It's mostly my drive to work out! I got so lazy after the weekend (LAST WEEKEND :# ) and am having so much difficulty just doing my thing! I did so well for a couple months. I'm trying so hard to avoid 'all or nothing' thinking. I know I will come back to what I felt SO great doing. My motivation is just...like packed away in the basement. Bleck. Well, weathers turning for the better where I am, so come on vitamin D, help a sister out! Have a great week everyone!

@lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW: 217.2 lb
    CW: 220.4 lb

This was me 2 weeks ago. I SWEAR, I planned to work out "IN MY MIND". I knew what time I would do it, what I would do and what to wear. I talked myself out of it "each" "and" "every" "time".

I finally had to wear my workout gear to bed the night before. No lie. I had to also put a calendar in plain view that I would see "on purpose" that would show if I worked out or not.

I had to get pissed at myself before I did anything about it. I'm with you on the sunshine. I'm so ready for it.

Best,
    Melissa

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @melissadreed903 i am looking at the hometics scales at bed bath and beyond. my current one is a high capacity, 700 lbs, with a 1% error rate. good luck with your search.
    @lindamtuck2018 it is up to me to decide when to start the surgeries. the dr. would like me to be stable 3 months but is willing to work now, since i have been stable 1 month. however, the last couple days i have dropped 3 lbs so i am thinking about holding off for a couple months to see where this goes. he did say that i am probably only going to lose 5-10 lbs of skin so i think i have some more wriggle room. i still haven't been told what is a good weight range for a person with my size/age/body type.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    41 min. Elliptical 4.51 miles
    20 min. strength training
    1,400 additional steps

I use my phone to track my steps but don’t carry it with me all the time. Think my activity level takes a jump when it’s nice outside. Unfortunately, it’s going going to be cold and raining for the next 2 days like it was today.

@rwood566 could you use a bmi chart to give you a rough estimate of the weight range that you should be. I started there then looked at a thread of women my height to see what women of different builds weighed. Great news that you can have the surgery. You will want to assemble a recovery kit soon.

@peng123. Is there any chance that you might need muscle repair surgery for your abdomen? I do. My stomach is wrinkly except for a bulging, hard blister feeling section just above my bellybutton.

@aactuallyaash. Starting exercise is hard for me too. I eat breakfast out most mornings so wear my workout clothes underneath my street clothes and keep a pair of shoes and extra clothes in my car. Maybe you could walk outside or set a timer and march or dance or do something active while waiting for food to cook?

@melissadreed903?so sorry to hear about how rude your drill instructor was? Sounds like she watched too many episodes of “The Biggest Loser”. I would have assaulted her. You showed great restraint. My first session on the elliptical was as you described. Don’t give up, it gets better. Just try for 2 minutes each time until that feels doable then add a minute until that feels doable and repeat. That is how I had to start. Everybody in my rec center uses the treadmills or bike but not many use the elliptical so I was forced to start using it if wanted to do cardio when the weather is bad.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good evening! I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Feels like it should be Thursday.

The week is going pretty good so far. Hit the treadmill a couple times and spin class yesterday.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/20 9,763
    3/21 5,502
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/22:
    Steps - 13785.
    Calories - about 1850. Guess-timate.
    Exercise walked to breakfast. 2.5 miles round trip. Place we wanted to eat was closed today due to lack of workers so daughter and I walked to ihop. Later we spent 3 hrs at the zoo, checking out the new children's zoo. Ate lunch at the zoo.
  • rwood566
    Options
    I forgot to let you all know, yesterday my older brother had the sleeve done. He is recovering well. His wife and a family friend are both doing the liquid section with him as they try to reset their pouches. They had surgery a couple years ago. I can't send him many clothes, since he isn't as large as I was. Support of family and others is super important.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 146
    CW: 145.2

Ugh, sorry for forgetting to post results here!! I did remember to post them on wall.

@lindamtuck2018 I posted this on the 20th. Hoping you got it. Lee
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers. This is a copied message I just posted to my wall. I wanted to make sure I copied it here as well. 🙂

Hello MFP Family. I have some news. I am preparing to have a very complex major surgery next month. Hubs and I are busy making plans for being away from home for almost 2 months. I don't mean to be mysterious, so I'll post more details in the next couple of days. I feel great, just a bit overwhelmed with all the arrangements to get stuff done before we leave. Lee🧡
This discussion has been closed.