Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks @aactuallyaash and @Megan_smartiepants1970 for your recipes.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Question time...I am walking at a 3.35 mph pace but mfp only has 3.0 and 3.5mph. Which one would you use?

I am going to say 3.5 mph. If using averaging 3.5 would be the correct number to use. I also used a calorie burn calculator and 3.5 gives a slightly higher burn than 3.35 but is much closer to the actual burn than if you used 3.

Also, that’s an amazing walk! What you have accomplished since you started on your journey must make you so proud.

Maybe this needs to be said, so here goes. No one will criticize you if you overeat, eat processed food or gain weight! We have all been there. People in this group will offer support and suggest strategies that worked for them.

Please come here each day and post what feels comfortable or ask a question. Think of being part of this group as being a fire. When an ember. leaves. the fire, often times, it quickly burns out. When it stays in the fire, the ember will continue to burn. Often times, my motivation is nonexistent. After a quick read of posts here I feel recharged. Admit that haven’t been the greatest poster but will work on it.

Thanks for this post.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018:

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 146

Not too bad for being away from home for 10 days. I upped my calories when I was away for a maintenance range. That seemed to work pretty well. Now to set it back to the weight-loss range... We have a much, much longer trip planned starting next month. More on that later.

I hope you had a great vacation.

@lindamtuck2018 I have arrived in Washington. I will be walking around the central mall waiting for you.

I got there yesterday. I would love to visit Washington. We somehow got off the beltway (think that’s what it’s called) when driving to Virginia so i don’t think that counts.

tuxado wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry that I have been MIA for several days. Unfortunately, the docs decided to hospitalize me due to the out of control blood pressure. They were afraid of a stroke I guess. Anyway, spending most of a week in bed, with little control over my intake made things a bit interesting. So I did not get much exercise in, and was right at it slightly over calorie wise most days. Still I am down a pound this week.
    But hopefully with the new cocktail of meds, the blood pressure will not sky rocket again. So I can get back in the swing of things next week.

Weekly Weigh in
    Tuxado
    PW: 310
    CW: 309

Glad you are out of hospital. Nice loss!

Happy Saturday team. ♥️ I’m still struggling. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I’m trying to get back on top of things.

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 2
    Previous weight : 214.6
    Current weight : 214

Steps :

Sat - 13,937 @Megan_smartiepants1970 im so sorry totally forgot to come back with this one.

Sun - 11,497
    Mon - 17,200
    Tue - 17,347
    Wed - 12,088
    Thu - 15,755
    Fri - 15,262
    Sat - TBA

Nice loss! Awesome step week.b
    peng123 wrote: »
    New Challenge!

Hi Everyone! Great job with this week's challenge - traveling around the word was very fun! Beginning tomorrow, we will have a new challenge: it's "armed and dangerous" week! We are going to ask everyone to do some sort of arm exercise each day and report back to let us know which ones you are doing. I definitely need to start doing more arm exercises - so I'm excited about this challenge - can't wait to see how we all do!

I need to get rid of my wings so I need lots of arm exercises.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 11,702
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 580/1500

In a rush because we are off to motor vehicles to renew our driver’s license and heath cards. Then it’s grocery shopping. Not a fun morning. My granddaughters are coming later and we are decorating for my husband’s 60th birthday celebration tomorrow. I am going to the pool with my youngest granddaughter this afternoon. That should be fun!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/11
    Step count 9,218

It’s suppose to rain all day today making getting my steps in a challenge.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 3/12

PW 238.6
    CW 236.8

Loss 1.8
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 156.8
    CW: 155.8

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/8 3,434 (probably an updated number)
    3/9 7,850
    3/10 7,487
    3/11 4,081

My goal for next week is to post every day.

Today I am going to paint my fireplace. I’ve had the paint for a few weeks but I’m finally going to do it today - a kind of golden/harvest yellow.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The March Week 3 Group Challenge is now posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Please join us to Work It Out this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858795/march-week-3-group-challenge-spell-your-name-work-it-out#latest

Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Team

28Haveitall
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Pw 254

Cw 252
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    We walked 11.48 miles in 283 minutes ...burned 1463 calories and had 27,469 steps ... I am extremely proud of myself :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I think I am at goal weight, but nobody has told me anything. That is what I am hoping for with seeing plastic surgery. On my own I will probably try for 225 but won't push it. I am thinking between my legs and belly I can lose 25 lbs easy.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 grats on the huge walk.
    @tuxado glad you are home safe. I had an incident with my b/p 10 years ago. It plummeted one night and I almost died. 3 days in hospital cardiac.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I think I am at goal weight, but nobody has told me anything. That is what I am hoping for with seeing plastic surgery. On my own I will probably try for 225 but won't push it. I am thinking between my legs and belly I can lose 25 lbs easy.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 grats on the huge walk.
    @tuxado glad you are home safe. I had an incident with my b/p 10 years ago. It plummeted one night and I almost died. 3 days in hospital cardiac.

Thank you so much Roger🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/11
    Step count 9,218

Have you tried doing a walking video on YouTube? Nice loss this week!

Jpedno wrote: »

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/9 7,850
    3/10 7,487
    3/11 4,081

Today I am going to paint my fireplace. I’ve had the paint for a few weeks but I’m finally going to do it today - a kind of golden/harvest yellow.

Congrats on loss! The colour for your fireplace sounds pretty. You should post a picture when you are done.
    Team

28Haveitall
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Pw 254

Cw 252

Nice loss!

We walked 11.48 miles in 283 minutes ...burned 1463 calories and had 27,469 steps ... I am extremely proud of myself :)

This is amazing! You should be proud. Do you walk at a fast place? Do you take a rest while walking?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am concerned about reaching my lap goal. I didn’t think about babysitting during March break when setting the goal. I will be in the pool when I am babysitting my granddaughter but she will be with me so I can’t do laps.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Steps :

Sat - 13,937 @Megan_smartiepants1970 im so sorry totally forgot to come back with this one.

Sun - 11,497
    Mon - 17,200
    Tue - 17,347
    Wed - 12,088
    Thu - 15,755
    Fri - 15,262
    Sat - 10,413
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/11
    Step count 9,218

Have you tried doing a walking video on YouTube? Nice loss this week!

Jpedno wrote: »

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/9 7,850
    3/10 7,487
    3/11 4,081

Congrats on loss! The colour for your fireplace sounds pretty. You should post a picture when you are done.
    Team

28Haveitall
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Pw 254

Cw 252

Nice loss!

This is amazing! You should be proud. Do you walk at a fast place? Do you take a rest while walking?

Thank you ... I am very proud of myself ... We do a few fast spurts ...yes we walked to a park on the other side of town and sat down for a bit and had water ..We also watched the geese that were in the school yard
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 19,011
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 586/1500

Doing this tonight because I won’t have time in the morning. It was a crazy busy day and my back is not very happy. In the morning I have to get some cleaning done and go pick my husband’s cake up from the bakery. The family is meeting at a restaurant for brunch at 11am and then back to my place for cake. The kids decorated the apartment. I hope my husband will enjoy his 60th birthday celebration. I will squeeze some pool time later in the day with my granddaughter. I did arms today so I will do legs tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    For those who participated in the travel challenge, please let me know the city you finished in.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    For those who participated in the travel challenge, please let me know the city you finished in.

Washington DC🙂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 19,011
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 586/1500

Doing this tonight because I won’t have time in the morning. It was a crazy busy day and my back is not very happy. In the morning I have to get some cleaning done and go pick my husband’s cake up from the bakery. The family is meeting at a restaurant for brunch at 11am and then back to my place for cake. The kids decorated the apartment. I hope my husband will enjoy his 60th birthday celebration. I will squeeze some pool time later in the day with my granddaughter. I did arms today so I will do legs tomorrow.

Awesome steps :) Happy Birthday to your husband ..I hope he has an awesome 60th Birthday :)
This discussion has been closed.