Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,754 Member
    @Jpedno
    Your fireplace looks amazing. Great job on removing the temptation.

@red1185
    Congrats on the loss! Maybe try repeating what you did last week to see if you can push past the cycle. Sounds like you have an unruly bunch of students.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am making pepper steak this week. I might try it in the instant pot instead of the slow cooker. I am scared though.

Yes it is intimating at 1st but once you use it .. you will love it ... Just make sure you release the pressure

At least I am getting better with the air fryer. First time I used it everything went flying across the floor when I opened it. My wings are on now and smell delicious. Just wish wings weren’t so high in calories.
  • lindamtuck2018
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 235.8
    CW (Current Weight): 234.6

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in. Was going to post earlier, but just getting round to it now.

Hoping to be more active this weekend whether that's via biking or walking. I need to stay focused within the next month to keep losing consistently, would be fab to lose a few more lb by end of April as I've also got birthdays and weekend away coming up next month and early May too so will be interesting.

I got thinking the other day about something I heard and I can't remember where from and it was like "you can't be on a diet 365 days of the year" Of course if you have particular food intolerances etc that's different, thought it was a interesting way of putting it in the context of when feel you've gone off the rails it's ok to get back on it.

Nice loss! It was my husband’s birthday yesterday. I still logged but I was definitely over for the day. Logging kept me from going off the rails but I got a break from dieting to enjoy some unhealthier choices.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Kind of a stressful day at work today. Had a lunch outing with coworkers. Did good by ordering a salad but then I was starving later and had no snack. This is usually a situation where I make a bad decision. But I was able to resist today.

Super tired now though and thinking about bed!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/13 11,286 steps
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/14:
    Steps - 2172
    Calories -1805
    Exercise. None. Recovering from back.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 330 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 14, 2022)
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 225.4
    SW: 240

Dinners out on Sunday night (the night before weigh in) always are a killer. Although I didn't stay within a healthy portion - most of it was salad (it had too much dressing already on it). Oh well - I lost the 1.2 lbs I just gained for the prior week the very next day so I need to keep in mind that it's the trend, not the day to day numbers itself. We're leaving for vacation in a few days so I'll either miss weigh in next week or it will be with a different scale (Hope I can find one).
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! My week is crazy at work so I won't be able to check-in very much. I'm still on plan, though.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps:

3/13: 8,982
    3/14: 8,216

I hope you are all having a great week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Kind of a stressful day at work today. Had a lunch outing with coworkers. Did good by ordering a salad but then I was starving later and had no snack. This is usually a situation where I make a bad decision. But I was able to resist today.

Super tired now though and thinking about bed!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/13 11,286 steps

It feels good when we are able to resist temptation. Great step day!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/14:
    Steps - 2172
    Calories -1805
    Exercise. None. Recovering from back.

I am glad you are resting your back. Hopefully, it will feel better today.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 14, 2022)
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 225.4
    SW: 240

Dinners out on Sunday night (the night before weigh in) always are a killer. Although I didn't stay within a healthy portion - most of it was salad (it had too much dressing already on it). Oh well - I lost the 1.2 lbs I just gained for the prior week the very next day so I need to keep in mind that it's the trend, not the day to day numbers itself. We're leaving for vacation in a few days so I'll either miss weigh in next week or it will be with a different scale (Hope I can find one).

I think it’s a lot to do with the sodium in the restaurant meals. With me it can hang on for several days. Enjoy your vacation! Going anywhere special?

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! My week is crazy at work so I won't be able to check-in very much. I'm still on plan, though.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps:

3/13: 8,982
    3/14: 8,216

I hope you are all having a great week!

You are amazing! You never let a busy week keep you from your plan. It is so easy to drop the ball when life gets busy. Well done!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/14
    Step count 11,721
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/11=3992
    3/12=6378
    3/13=4944
    3/14=2482
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,771 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    sorry I am late. I had my grandbaby all weekend and forgot to weigh yesterday!!! In the past I have been obsessive with the scale and here lately I am not weighing every morning. It is actually a good thing. I am trusting the process.

Tahm42
    PW 219
    CW 221

Building muscle!!! as my skin on my tummy is sagging. My new tummy seam makes it very noticeable. For new people, I had surgery in Dec that left me with an 11 inch scar. Not going to measure yet but when I do I am sure I will like it. Dexa scan cam back pretty good. I have 120# of lean body mass and 98# of fat. Thankfully I only have to lose 30# to be in a normal BMI. I plan to reduce my fat% from 44.9 to 30. As long as I maintain or even gain muscle I am not far from goal considering I have lost 60# so far.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/6-7408
    3/7-8016
    3/8-8147
    3/9-8326
    3/10-6018
    3/11-7664
    3/12-6072

Don't know why the steps went down while baby girl was here... Maybe I am toting her and not registering steps? But I feel wiped. Should I be counting my bike miles to steps?

Absolutely ...Every bit adds up :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/15
    1. Palms-up wrist curls 3 x 10
    2. Palms-down wrist curls 3 x 10
    3. Bicep curls 3 x 10
    4. Triceps kickback 3 x 10
    5. Overhead Extenstion 3 x 10
    6. Chest Press 3 x 10
    7. lateral raise 3 x 10
    8. Dumbell front raise 3 x 10
    9. Military press 3 x 10
    10. 10 bicep curl
    11. 15 tricep dips
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Didn't sleep great last night, headache, snotty... Woke up this morning and took a covid rapid test.... And it's positive. UGH. I had a team lunch with colleagues yesterday so I likely exposed them and my husband is immunocompromised so I'm trying to isolate in the house. I thought that I had gotten by this long without getting sick that maybe I never would -- wrong! No clue where I got it. I'm double vaccinated and still wear masks indoors.
    Probably will have a low step count today but yesterday was decent.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/14: 9,030
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Didn't sleep great last night, headache, snotty... Woke up this morning and took a covid rapid test.... And it's positive. UGH. I had a team lunch with colleagues yesterday so I likely exposed them and my husband is immunocompromised so I'm trying to isolate in the house. I thought that I had gotten by this long without getting sick that maybe I never would -- wrong! No clue where I got it. I'm double vaccinated and still wear masks indoors.
    Probably will have a low step count today but yesterday was decent.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/14: 9,030

Sorry you tested positive for Covid...I hope you feel better soon :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    ab344wfsu8dm.jpg

My 2nd reminder of people's steps I need for March Week 2 ...Please have them in by this evening 3/15...If I do not have them in by this evening I will have no choice but to zero them out

@Pippin20206 3/6 - 3/12
    @Aactuallyaash 3/6 - 3/12

• melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/13: 2,170
    3/14: 5,235

Went to the doc today for a scheduled appointment. She was very pleased about my weight loss and encouraged me to continue with the healthy choices.

However, my husband is a post transplant patient and he's having some issues, so they are either scheduling him for an MRI/CT scan.

Looking forward to vacation here in a few weeks. We're traveling to Washington near Spokane.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 134.4
    CW: 138.1

Was 135.5 lbs the last couple of days but had frustration binge snacking after spending the day trying to set up, update, then transfer info to a new computer. Have come to realize that I need to exercise everyday or the excess energy turns into snacking.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 341 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Apologies for the delay, the weeks been hard for self motivation. Thanks for all you do!
    3/6: 4230
    3/7: 8474
    3/8:9396
    3/9:6865
    3/10:8640
    3/11: 11633
    3/12: 2075
This discussion has been closed.