Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 The 5-pound range sounds great to me - thanks! I still need to check out the maintenance chat - honestly, I thought it would take another week or two for me to get to goal - I was surprised this morning when I stepped on the scale!

You have lost at a nice steady rate since you started with us so I am not surprised. I am definitely going to start taking a rest day. I have become addicted to getting those big burns which is burning me out.
    @peng123
    Congratulations on achieving goal weight!

@lindamtuck2018
    I have found I need two active rest days so I take Sunday and Wednesday. On those days I only try to get a minimum of 7 k steps and don’t worry about any cardio or strength training. Doing so has made a difference in how much fatigue I feel at the end of the week. Prior to that I was doing 6 days per week and sometimes 7 days of cardio/ strength training. Surprisingly (or maybe not) it hasn’t made any difference in my weekly rate of weight loss. I have averaged 1.8 lbs per week each month so far this year.

Thanks for the input. You

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Hump day is over. Woot.
    Check in for 3/23:
    Steps - 6738 plus 20 minutes bike.
    Calories - 1869 or close.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 8 machines and 20 minutes bike moderate intensity. Walk this evening. 35 minutes at 3 mph pace.

Nice Roger!

@tahm42
    Glad you are enjoying your trip.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ❌Steps 9,204
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 894/1500

I ended up going to the pool but did a shorter workout. Should have swam just a little more so I hit my step goal. I am taking a rest day today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    QUESTION

What is a phrase you can repeat to yourself to keep you motivated?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/23
    Step count 9208

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am going to focus on taking regularly scheduled rest days as well - I was really dragging on the elliptical yesterday - so I'm taking a rest today
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am going to focus on taking regularly scheduled rest days as well - I was really dragging on the elliptical yesterday - so I'm taking a rest today

That’s how I was yesterday. I felt like I was swimming in cement. What was your challenge on your Apple Watch for March? I had to close my exercise ring 21 times. This was easier compared to other months.
  • peng123
    Options

That’s how I was yesterday. I felt like I was swimming in cement. What was your challenge on your Apple Watch for March? I had to close my exercise ring 21 times. This was easier compared to other months.

@lindamtuck2018 I just had to close my exercise ring 16 times this month!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    QUESTION

"Looking in mirror" You got this girl

• melissadreed903
    Options
    Good morning everyone! One day closer to Friday! Our kids are driving up from Texas for the weekend and I'm so excited! They're so fun, especially the grands.

Hubby is mourning today. He sold his Harley yesterday afternoon. He was so depressed. He knows he can't ride it anymore (post transplant) and it was just sitting in the garage collecting dust. He loves drag cars, so I told him he could use that money and put it towards a "new project". That seemed to help, but I think this transaction hit him hard.

Hubby smoked a chicken yesterday and man was it good! I stared at the pulled chicken skin and wanted to hit that so dang bad. I told him to throw it in the trash now before it gets devoured. He didn't. He gave it to our dog and I just looked at our dog Chunk and had puppy dog eyes wishing I was him right now, lol.

Stayed in calorie range. Kinda excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. Until I purchase a new one, I'll use the gym scale here at work.

Steps:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    QUESTION

You have come so far ...Don't stop now .....You got this :)
  • peng123
    Options
    QUESTION

You will fit into those pants! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • melissadreed903
    Options
    QUESTION

YAAAAASSSSSSS girlfran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • peng123
    Options
    QUESTION

YAAAAASSSSSSS girlfran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@melissadreed903 HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,517 Member
    Options
    @peng123: Congratulations on reaching your goal! Woo hoo!
    Have an amazing day, everyone!
  • peng123
    Options
    @peng123: Congratulations on reaching your goal! Woo hoo!
    Have an amazing day, everyone!

@cormierannie Thank you so much for all of your support!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    @peng123 I posted a congrats to you yesterday but I forgot to post reply :o A HUGE CONGRATS to you for being amazing and getting to your goal weight ... I am soooooo proud of you :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    @peng123 congratulations for making goal! I am jealous of that!
    I love me some manatees too. We come down annually to visit them in the springs. I usually swim with them but we found these 2, a mom and baby, while paddling. It makes me smile when I get to thinking about every encounter. Funny thing is they seem to enjoy the encounter also.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    QUESTION

Keep on keeping on! Let's getter done!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/24:
    Steps - 4938 plus 10 minutes bike.
    Calories - 1695 or close.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 7 machines and 10 minutes bike. Short but I nailed my legs hard.
This discussion has been closed.