Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I do not like that our wonderful group is on the quiet side... Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can be more talkative?

Very quite today. Come on team, let us know your ideas!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I do not like that our wonderful group is on the quiet side... Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can be more talkative?

Very quite today. Come on team, let us know your ideas!

I am lost on ideas ...Hopefully someone will have some awesome ideas
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Happy Friday eve.
    Check in for 3/10:
    Steps - 11841
    Calories - 1718
    Exercise - walk in afternoon. 4.1 miles 1 hr 13. Grocery shopping in morning and plant shopping in afternoon.
  • rwood566
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 tonight I moved to Oslo.
    My self care was going shopping for a tomato plant. Hope to have lots of cherry tomatoes this summer.
    My nsv is that I "jogged". Technically I scurried across 2 lanes of road at a jog, for the first time this millennium. It was not good looking but I made it. My leg fat was shaking all over the place.
    The recipe I want and will be trying is from this week's food section in our paper. 'Guilt-free scones'. Blueberry scones made with some almond flour and munkfruit to cut the carbs in half. The numbers are 259 calories, 20.7 g carbs, 0.1g sugar per scone.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    3/9:
    Steps: 2612 (wasn't active at all) *I think I'm getting a bug
    Logged food and under calorie range
    Not a productive day at all.

Feel better!

Just got back from our walk ... 123 minutes...5.48 miles ..this one seemed longer than yesterday but it wasn't

Awesome walk!
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 222.2
    🙂

Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 tonight I moved to Oslo.
    My self care was going shopping for a tomato plant. Hope to have lots of cherry tomatoes this summer.
    My nsv is that I "jogged". Technically I scurried across 2 lanes of road at a jog, for the first time this millennium. It was not good looking but I made it. My leg fat was shaking all over the place.
    The recipe I want and will be trying is from this week's food section in our paper. 'Guilt-free scones'. Blueberry scones made with some almond flour and munkfruit to cut the carbs in half. The numbers are 259 calories, 20.7 g carbs, 0.1g sugar per scone.

I like your NSV. I enjoyed have a cherry tomato plant last summer. None made it into a salad as I ate them every time I went out on the balcony.

Good morning Downsizers and Happy Friday!!!

This week has been a lot of up and down as far as staying on track - and I blame it on not coming here every day to keep me on task. I'm going to do better next week.

2BThinAgain5
    PW: 183.1
    CW: 182.6

Started the C25K this week and have done 2 days so far. Last week I was very good about getting in 30 minutes of intentional movement everyday - this week - not so much - only intentional movement was the 2 days of C25K.

@lindamtuck2018
    I have not started this yet, but hope to this week. Such a fun idea! One place that I would love to visit in my lifetime is Italy - Venice, Florence, Rome....etc. There are so many places I can't choose just one - LOL!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/8=17,237
    3/9=5855
    5/10=10,246

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm planning to do some spring cleaning and prepare for a garage sale in May.

I think checking in with the group is the only thing that keeps me from quitting and gaining all my weight back. Over the last 3 years I have gone through months that I really struggled. The team kept me from totally throwing in the towel.

Awesome job on the C25K. I know a few people have done it in the group. How many weeks is it?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018

PW 204.8
    CW 203.1
    LTD 59.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 17,234
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 546/1500

I overdid last night. I slept terrible because of the pain and it’s not any better this morning. Today I have coffee with some friends so I am going to the pool for a short time. Most of that time I am spending in the hot tub to do some stretching. It is what it is!

My recipe is a lightened up version of shrimp Alfredo. It will be interesting to see if it is good. Also, I have been craving wings lately. They are so high in calories. I found a recipe to do them in my air fryer so it will lessen the calories than restaurant ones.

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/10
    Step count 10,850

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.
    Completed Paris, Dublin, Copenhagen, Ottawa, Madrid, and Bern. Total points for Monday = 60.
    Completed Nassau, Brussels, Bangkok, and Nairobi. Total points for Tuesday = 40.
    Completed Bucharest and St Andrews. Total points for Wednesday = 20.
    Completed Seoul, Stockholm, Oslo, San Jose and Washington DC. Total points for Thursday = 50.

Healthy recipe I’ve been wanting to incorporate more seafood in my diet:

Cilantro Shrimp taco with avocado

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cilantro-shrimp-tacos/

NSV -
    Capris that were too small to wear last fall are perfect now. I’m either going to have to alter my exercise leggings in the waist or find new ones in a smaller size. They keep sliding down, very annoying in a good way.

My travel bucket list for outside the US includes Canada, UK, Sweden, Norway and most of Western Europe so there are quite a few places I want to go!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/10:
    Calories: 1,195
    Exercise: None - rest day
    Steps: 5,755

I hope you are all having a great day!!
  • rwood566
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 229.2
    CW: 229.4. +0.2

I am thinking I am at the bottom. I am bouncing within 2 lbs. My skin consult was moved up to the 21st. I hope they accept me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Did more than I planned at the pool. Once I got in my natural habitat,water, I felt so much better. 😂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 17,234
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 546/1500

I overdid last night. I slept terrible because of the pain and it’s not any better this morning. Today I have coffee with some friends so I am going to the pool for a short time. Most of that time I am spending in the hot tub to do some stretching. It is what it is!

My recipe is a lightened up version of shrimp Alfredo. It will be interesting to see if it is good. Also, I have been craving wings lately. They are so high in calories. I found a recipe to do them in my air fryer so it will lessen the calories than restaurant ones.

I made chicken wings last night in the air fryer ..With my Garlic Parmesan Sauce... I have dual baskets so I put 3 whole wings (they are not cut up) into each basket set the air fryer to match cook on 400 for 20 minutes..flipping them every 10 if they are not crunchy and brown then I do it for another 10 minutes then I put them in the garlic parmesan sauce and bath them ..oh so yummy
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    melissadreed903
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 227
    CW: 225 (loss 2 lbs)

Still not feeling "all that great". Only plans I have is grocery shopping and getting my haircut for the weekend. It's snowing here now in Oklahoma, but we're breaking out the grill on Sunday and do lunch meal prep. I ordered a box from Hello Fresh so that will be 4 meals for the week.

Other than that, just going to take it easy and stay hydrated. That's my focus for Saturday and Sunday.

• peng123
    edited March 2022
    Options
  • peng123
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your recipes sound delicious and healthy!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

Thanks Cara🙂
This discussion has been closed.