angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    3/23-12,296
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-163
    Current weight-163.4

Sorry life is crazy and I keep forgetting to post my weight. I was sick a couple days this week, but Im over it now. been working out, except today, i fell back to sleep, and got up and started changing and realized I only had 15 minutes, so I didnt workout today.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    ~ Wednesday / 23 March ~
    Steps: 13.466
    Protein: 52
    Exercise: none
    Calories in / out = net: 1644 / 591 = 1053
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Not much going on Wednesday. The only thing on the program was taking my cat to the groomer. After I dropped him off, I got some buns at the grocery store, ate one outside in the sun and then went back to the vet to pick him up. He was done pretty fast this time. Still had quite the headaches during the day, but it was manageable. I was really hungry so it was a challange to not eat too much. I did it though, yay.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3

Glad you're feeling a little better today @Pupowl . I'm not having the best morning, but working from home today so I'll manage. Just not feeling great and a little stiff and swollen, but I walked a mile this morning, so that's probably my intentional walking for the day. I'm close to my goal for the month, so I'm good there. Not going to push myself. I'll lie down during my lunch and read, so that will help.

It's funny how terminology is used differently for different places...when I read "got some buns at the grocery store", I'm thinking hamburger buns (because that's how I refer to them), but I'm thinking you meant something sweet, like cinnamon rolls?? I just love that...so what do you have to have done at the groomer for the cat...I'm assuming it's because he's long-haired? Do they wash and trim away excessive growth? Or is this due to an allergy or something...Tinus will be looking sharp tonight!!!

Enjoy your day!
    Jess

Good job on the mile! Reading is always a good idea.
    Yes, when I say bun, I mainly mean {chocolate}croissants. Baked stuff like that is weakness of mine, but thankfully I can sometimes fit it in my day. :smile:
    We mostly go to the groomer to make sure he doesn't get any mats and in winter time he just grows twice as fluffy and has an insane undercoat. I comb him a lot myself already, but he isn't as patient with me as he is with the vet. So they can be a little more thorough. Some people get their long haired cats shaved every year, but this is actually not good for them. As weird as it sounds, the hair helps them regulate their body temperature and shaving it off is doing them more harm than good. Unless they have something going on, like too old to groom themselves, or so aggressive the owners can't comb their cat, shaving is kind of a last resort. I have only ever had to wash Tinus twice myself, he does tolerate it, but again something you don't really want to do. I do think all cats can benefit from seeing a groomer every now and then though, regardless of fur length.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    Here's my wiegh in from Sunday this week

PW 135.8 lbs 😊
    CW 138.2 lbs 😕

Don't know what happened there but I'm determined to get back on track. I've started an exercise program this week and have completed 30 minutes of fitness training each day so far, plus gone for a 1.3 kilometer run/walk. I do love the feeling of being a little bit stronger that I already feel (or maybe that's just sore muscles). Hopefully that will keep me motivated. I'm aiming to do 30 min a day at least 5 days a week. It's a start! I've found a couple of fitness videos I like and am using those first thing in the morning.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 127.4
    Current weight: 128.0

Starting weight: 168
    Loss to date: 40

Maintenance goal: 120-130

I was in Boston last week, visiting family and friends, and returned yesterday. I apologize for not posting on my ‘weigh-in day’ yesterday but it was a bit hectic because I was traveling, and had four meetings scheduled (2 before my flight & 2 after landing).
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    While en route to the airport (see above), I checked in with my mother to let her know everything was on schedule. She had out-patient laser eye surgery on Wednesday - which is the main reason I visited - and she was panicking that she didn’t have the right medicine - so I was glad I called. But, I should have planned better — I thought it would be a quick call to report that my flight was on schedule and I’m on the public transportation shuttle to the airport. I thought about calling earlier in the day because she was scheduled to use her eye drops at 9:00am and she’s not a morning person; but, I didn’t want to seem like a nag, so I called her at the noon dosage time instead. So, I was coordinating with the hospital staff and pharmacy, reaching out to my brother to pick up the medicine at the pharmacy, and keeping my sister informed about another medication our mother would need help getting the following day during my sister’s regular check-in visit with her.

All of this occurred while I was on the shuttle, getting through airport security, and boarding the flight. And, of course, the doctor called just as it was my turn to greet the gate agent with my boarding pass! I really didn’t want to be ‘that’ person on the phone rather than interacting politely with the person in front of me. Fortunately, I managed to quickly tell the doctor I was checking in and then apologized for the (momentary) pause. The doctor’s staff person was very understanding when I told her I valued her time but just needed to get through the gate.
    I called my mother with an update and sent the last text to my siblings just before they told us to shut off our devices! 😅

The timing worked out perfectly. I only wish the avocado I packed to eat on the plane had been fresher. My mother said she bought the avocado for me so I felt obligated to take it but it looks as though she must have bought it during my visit last month! 🤢 I was in line for a salad to accompany my avocado when they called our flight to board and I had to leave before ordering, so I was a bit hungry during the 1:30-3:30 flight. I grabbed a quick snack before connecting to my 4:00pm meeting and felt grateful that I live so close to Washington National Airport!

I’m also grateful for my RN (registered nurse) sister who takes such wonderful care of our mother. I was trying to make sure everything was in place so my sister didn’t have to deal with extra work because she already does so much. She was glad I took care of a bunch of finance and car maintenance tasks but we’ll need to figure out how to support my sister more — in ways that my mother accepts. I broached the idea of hiring the cleaning person - who seems to work next door on a weekly basis according to my mother’s monitoring of vacuum activity through the shared wall of the townhouse 😂 - but she shutdown the suggestion of someone (other than my sister by default) helping with any of her household chores!

Overall, I had a nice trip with a balance of activity. We caught up with some old friends and enjoyed visiting many people during the St. Patrick’s Day parade and other activities throughout the week. I watched a very exciting game my brother coached his third-place team to victory against the second-place team, and cared for my mother and father-in-law. While I couldn’t get everything done, I felt satisfied with the progress and connections made.

I wasn’t able to check in with the group much but see a few people are struggling with sleep, migraines, and other difficulties. Sleep deprivation and migraines are some things I’ve experienced, too, so I’m aware of how tough it can be to face the day. Respiratory issues seem so scary! I’m hoping everyone finds relief. Of course, without our health, we can’t have anything else — It’s so foundational! So, I hope you can carve out time to get to the root of the problem and get relief. My migraines were related to my menstral cycle so they are infrequent now (due to menapause) but it was worth the trial-and-error research for the right medication. After years of migraines (5-6 times per month), I found a successful treatment and created more life balance to prioritize sleep. Sleeping more helped me reach a healthy weight and improved my health in so many ways. My F2F ‘Habit Tracker’ regularly includes the reminder to get 7-8 hours of sleep. I get off track - and need the reminder - but it makes such a positive difference. Best wishes, everyone! I’m cheering for you and celebrating every small change for the better. It adds up!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    Sun 3/20: 10,284
    Mon 3/21: 15,772
    Tue 3/22: 13,760
    Wed 3/23: 10,172
    Thu 3/24: 14,904
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 222
    CW: 226.5

Not sure what this is other than too much salt. Backward progress continues.....
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    3/23: 14,564
    3/24: 10,258
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 132.8
    CW 131.2
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, March 25; week 4
    PW: 227.1
    CW: 229.1 (-2.0 lbs; -0.87%)

Having nearly gotten down to 220, I'm now almost back to 230. 230 was my original goal when I started my journey at 330 in July of 2020. That was 19 months ago. I'd like to get to my maintenance weight, whatever that is, by this July. That might be between 200 and 220, depending on how much muscle mass I can gain, and on what body fat percent I'll settle for (25% would be okay, but preferably less than that). I don't think 200 is really that likely, so I'm currently hoping for 210.

P.S. Ironically, according to my BIA scale's estimate today of my lean body mass (163.3 lbs), if I had 25% body fat, I would weigh 218 pounds, which is what I've weighed at two points in my adult life when I was my fittest.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW:228
    CW:288.2
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW:228
    CW:288.2

@ewilhelm2487 I KNOW there's a typo there, but not sure which digits...please repost to correct. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps
    3/23 7,639
    3/24 4,302
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2022
    Marni3369
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 226.8
    CW: 225.7
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 234.4
    CW 231.2

Back on track again. I’m going to make a point to weigh myself on Thursday before we leave on vacation to see where I’m at.

@jessicakrall8 i will be away the next 2 Saturdays. We are driving down to Virginia on Thursday
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    PW. 186
    CW. 188
This discussion has been closed.