Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Time for more numbers! Hop on the dreaded number recording device, and send them in! Thanks -

@wendydpromos
    @graceojo999
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    What is your greatest accomplishment so far in March?

I had my first real bout of illness since I started on my journey, and I didn't gain weight. My whole routine was off, I was exercising less than normal, but it validated my plan is sound the way it is and that it's not built on habits that I cannot sustain.

I missed the exercise, but I knew how to adjust to manage the period where it wasn't as accessible to me.

3/27 exercise:
    16941 steps + 25 minutes outdoor cycling on my new gravel bike (ee!) + 21 minutes upper body strength

We had a fun moment today. Brad and I got married in Oct 2019 and from there my rings had gotten so tight I actually wore them around my neck for a while until I started losing. Today we finally took both my rings and Brad's in to be resized. We both went down 1.25 in our sizing - Brad wasn't even wearing his because it fell off one day and he didn't want to lose it.

@DD265 Hope shift #1 for OH went well! How exciting it's that time now. Your life has been adjusting for a while now as you settle into this new phase and this week sounds like another chapter. Your meal plan sounds great and I do the same when I'm eating without Brad (eat down the things he won't choose himself).

@conleywoods I can only imagine how hard it was to feed your family out of a mini-fridge while everyone is sick. Hoping for less stressful times ahead.

Thanks to all who have reported steps for the 20th to the 26th. Hoping for a few more of the team before I issue the report tomorrow night so please get those numbers in as soon as you can. :)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    What is the next step towards your goal?

I think my next step is to shift my workout schedule from a few workouts inconsistently spaced throughout the week to a consistent 6 days of activity/exercise of any amount.

@jugar hope you have a productive appointment and figure out what is going on with your back and shoulder!

@ashleycarole86 Congrats on the ring resizing! That is a fun milestone for you guys!
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pw 103.5kg
    CW 102.8kg

Not really in keto but low carb at the moment. This week I’ll focus on drinking water and being consistent for at least 5 days of the week. I’ll stay under 1200kcals for those days. I have a wedding coming up next weekend so I’ll probably not keep that calorie limit then.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I'm glad his shifts have finally started so we can make our last routine adjustments for a while. Definitely going to take some getting used to though!

I do want to find some dishes I can cook fresh that are good for one person - either because they aren't expensive to cook in small batches, or because they reheat well. I've never tried freezing stir fry, for example, but I find myself craving more of that kind of food at the moment. As the weather improves I'll eat more salads; I can marinate and freeze chicken to have with them. Any recommendations, either for recipes, or freezing tips?

Trained this morning despite feeling half dead as I hadn't slept well. It was a good one, because we did a bit of work on the overhead squat. This is a lift I find quite difficult as it requires a lot of thoracic mobility, and having a desk based job I can lack that. We were only using the 12.5kg bar but the focus was on technique rather than weight. I do enjoy a technique session, which is something C doesn't do as much of I guess because I have the technique already for a lot of what we do. I had better feed that back :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! It is back to winter here - all white out there for the past couple of days. Fun for tracking the animals that are out and about now, though - and it's a lot prettier than the mud :smile:

I'm reposting these questions for anyone who wants to answer one - you surely don't need to do them all!

What do I need to do this week?
    What lessons did I learn from things that did not go so well last week or recently?
    What is your greatest accomplishment so far in March?
    What can you do right now to make the coming week(s) less stressful?
    What is one thing you need to do this week that you have been putting off?
    What good habits do you have?
    What are you resisting?
    How can your teammates help you? How can you help them?
    What is the next step towards your goal?
    What excess baggage are you carrying that you can drop this week?
    What will help keep you on plan this week?

I am all about the one about things I have been putting off. I have a big list of phone calls, things to organise, and I am going to write it all in one place and start scratching them off. I have to get my "contaminated" car cleaned so that my DH can use it while I am away visiting my dad next month, line up a contractor about a possible deck construction job, get my regular car serviced, learn some new tunes, and get my step count back up!
  • jugar
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    I do want to find some dishes I can cook fresh that are good for one person - either because they aren't expensive to cook in small batches, or because they reheat well. I've never tried freezing stir fry, for example, but I find myself craving more of that kind of food at the moment. As the weather improves I'll eat more salads; I can marinate and freeze chicken to have with them. Any recommendations, either for recipes, or freezing tips?

Stir fry is perfect for one person - you use just the amount of veggies (lots!) for one person, add whatever protein you need, throw on your seasonings and a one-person meal is done. I agree that they are not so good frozen or leftover, but using frozen veggies for some of it can work - just don't freeze it all after it is cooked. You'll be disappointed. If you're no longer in the mood for the usual stir fry flavour options, go for pesto, curry, thai curry (leftover coconut milk or the whole sauce freezes really well), herbs, etc.

I usually have this kind of skillet meal with no grain - I sauté a part of a sweet potato or parsnips or other "starchy" vegetable right in with the vegetables. That way it is truly a one pot meal - just put in the longer cooking things first. Have fun with all kinds of combinations!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    You have a new member joining your amazing team for April... Please welcome @MoonlitMuse :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse welcome! I love your username :heart: Please jump right in and introduce yourself - ask any questions you might have, and you'll be off and running for your official start on Sunday.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    CW: 243.3

No idea if that is a gain or loss at this point! I am also 5 pages behind the chat here, totally crazy week for my final week in this job (yaaaaaay) and I was in Philly (hello, @micki48 !) thurs-> Sunday last week.

@ashleycarole86 best take me off the step team for now. Finally met with my doctor today and discussed the mysterious foot pain and as suspected, she prescribed rest. So I should try to rein it in with the walks and jogs. Bah, humbug.

Hope everyone is doing well, but I'll try to catch up on my reading here today/tomorrow so I can find out!
    You lost 1.5 pounds this week! Good job - I guess that means there is at least one thing that is ok about such a crazy week. Bummer about your foot, though. Maybe you can become a Pilates fanatic as many of us are - it's great exercise and mostly done down on the mat. Hope it feels better soon :heart:

@MoonlitMuse you are so lucky to live near Glacier Park! It is gorgeous there. As to what we talk about here - it goes all around the houses. Sometimes we have a discussion around the many common issues that love to recur as we lose weight and get more fit - the obstacles we face, the setbacks, and the fabulous successes. There are three people on the team who have lost over 100 pounds, two of us on maintenance, and everyone is helping to keep the whole team accountable and supported. If anything anyone says gives you an idea, or you just want to commiserate about how baking is a terrible skill to have :naughty: - dive right in. I think the ultimate goal is to have your teammates voices in your head, and to have a bunch of shoulders to share the tough times, kicks in the butt when needed, and wild happy dances when you make good progress.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It’s been a whirlwind here. Boxes are still in most rooms, but fewer and we’re working our way through them. Totally missed my weigh in. Thanks for the excused weigh in.

Just read thru most of the pages.
    Good to catch up. Now, I’m sleepy now. More tomorrow.

@ashleycarole I know it’s late for these but we can add them for the month.

Well, MFP is telling me I don’t have permission to post again. Boo.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    What do I need to do this week?
    Track and stay mindful of my choices despite me being out of my routine.

@micki48
    I am doing the step report tomorrow so if you can get your numbers to Liselyn again I'll add them in. Glad you're making your way through the unpacking.

Welcome @MoonlitMuse ... we have many Albertans on the team so we are basically neighbors ;) Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 you got it. Hope the final days of the job go as smoothly as possible. Get lots of rest and look forward to having you back in fighting form soon.. great loss this week
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @conleywoods and @micki48 you are both so close to a rest!

I had such a hungry day yesterday, I couldn't stop eating. Combination of being under the weather and an early start methinks, then chuck in a bit of emotional eating and it was a recipe for disaster! I'm not trying for perfection on intake today, but I am going to make sure everything is tracked. My main takeaway from yesterday is that I met my water target and stayed off the chocolate, so that's definitely a win. I enjoyed a walk with one of my running friends and her dog, then spent the evening cross stitching on the sofa with one of the cats snuggled up, so a nice restful one.

It's our anniversary today (4 years married, though we've been together 17!) and we're getting McDonalds for lunch as we only have lunch together where we're both free and I don't have time to go out-out. In the future I think we'll do our 'specials' on different days, or instead of wanting it to be the evening meal, doing steak for lunch or whatever, but this occasion came around too soon in our adjustment period for me to have really thought about it.

@jugar I will definitely give single-person stir fry a go. I do find they tend to reheat OK (from the fridge!) so I could make enough for two and have it multiple days, but mainly I need to pick up a few new recipes, or buy pre-made sauce which isn't always the healthiest. Something I'm aiming to do this week is extract the recipes from a load of cook books I want to get rid of, so hopefully there'll be inspiration in those. I also want to understand more about meal/ingredient prep, as opposed to batch cooking, which would be useful for stir fry. If I prepare all my ingredients for the week on a Sunday, are they still fresh by Thursday, for example.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What can you do right now to make the coming week(s) less stressful? - I did it on Monday morning - packed up 4 salads and yogurts and apples to put in the work fridge.

I needed a mental pass from weigh in last Sat. as much as having forgotten Sat. morning. It's been TOO crazy here...I won't even start to rattle the list off...

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in (weighing in one day early today)

PW 168.4
    CW 169.8

Will be back to Thursday weigh-in next week :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ... You have another new member joining your marvelous team ....Please welcome @SatanLuciferJones :)
This discussion has been closed.