• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/28
    Step count 9097
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    @melissadreed903
    I think consistency is one of the most important tools in weight loss. Less bloating and looser pants has to be a great motivator to keep you going.

@tahm42 @jimboden3
    A gain from vacation is worth it. Most of it will be bloat from eating out, etc and should disappear pretty fast.

@rwood566
    I enjoyed reading your success story. Great steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 9,578
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 974/1500

I was totally ticked off with my calorie burn yesterday. I burned 1/3 the calories I would have if I swam laps for the same amount of time. It doesn’t make sense to me as my average heart rate was higher than for swimming. I also found the bike harder.

I have to be honest with you all. I have lost my motivation and I am not sure how to find it. I have been stuck around the same weight for awhile. I am not going to use any excuses as I am just not putting in the effort I should. I do know the constant pain is a factor but there are lots of people that are worse off that lose weight so it’s not a valid reason. Maybe I just need a kick in the *kitten*! So if you find my motivation send it my way.
  • lindamtuck2018
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/28:
    Calories: 1,174
    Exercise: 140 minutes of elliptical, Pilates and stretching classes
    Steps: 18,354

I had a great exercise day yesterday - will try to do the same today - but, I've learned not to do two Pilates classes in a row - I need to skip a day - my abs are SORE!

@jimboden3 It sounds like you had an amazing trip - I'm so jealous - and that vacation weight will come right off!

@tahm42 Great steps! That puffiness will go away quickly.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Cara
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    I have to go do labs this morning so off I go ... I was suppose to do it last week but I couldn't due to migraines
  • peng123
    I have to go do labs this morning so off I go ... I was suppose to do it last week but I couldn't due to migraines

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope your labs come back with great results!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    peng123 wrote: »

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope your labs come back with great results!

Thanks me too :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    d7azkthxy460.jpg

Here is my 2nd friendly reminder of the people's steps I need.. Please have them in by this evening 3/29..If I do not have them by then I will have to zero them out

@Beautyofdreams 3/23-3/26
    @Jpedno 3/26
    @2BThinAgain5 3/20-3/26
    @aactuallyaash 3/20- 3/26
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    hi i am so sorry team had a bit of a bad time recently but now back on it hopefully …WI tomorrow for me I expect a bad result :(
  • peng123
    jayenguk wrote: »
    hi i am so sorry team had a bit of a bad time recently but now back on it hopefully …WI tomorrow for me I expect a bad result :(

@jayenguk So glad to see you back - I'm sorry that you had a difficult time recently - no worries about the weigh-in tomorrow - it's just time to reset and move forward!
  • lindamtuck2018
    jayenguk wrote: »

Glad you found your way back. Lose, stay the same or gain we are here to support you.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 279 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    20: 2477
    21: 4895
    22: 156 (my pedometer must have been on the fritz :s )
    23: 2550
    24: 2510
    25: 4041
    26: 2412
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Question
    How do you determine your calorie goal? Do you let mfp decide it? How often do you update your calorie goal? (ie: every 5 pounds lost ) What do you set your activity level to and why?

I let MFP establish my baseline goal using sedentary life style (the most conservative option), exercise 30 minutes 5x per week and to lose 1 lb per week. But I let Fitbit adjust my exercise calories based on actual exercise. Honestly I rarely even come close to the allowed calories since I switched to eating only 2 meals per day and no snacking. Most days I eat between a low of 1100 and a high of 1900 with the majority of days between 1450 and 1650. Per my Fitbit I usually burn around 2450 per day. Supposedly with intermittent fasting you do not need to count calories but I do log because I do better eating if I log. It makes me aware of what and how much I am eating. I think the only reason they tell you not to count calories is that it would be hard to over eat only eating once or twice a day so you are naturally restricting your calories when fasting. More important to me are keeping my carb grams to just 30% or less.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Good evening all! Just checking in to say that I stayed on plan today. One day at a time for me right now! And it is a good thing, too, because I have had a great day and a good evening but a sad event tonight. On the way home from church choir rehearsal, I hit a deer. I am uninjured, the airbag did not deploy. I drove home and got to see the damage to the front of our van when I got there. Please pray for us -- I need the van to be able to be repaired because we really cannot afford a new vehicle right now. Thank God I was driving safely and the damage was not even worse. I know I will be a little sore tomorrow. And I am not going to go into the kitchen to eat away my stress and worry. Thanks for listening!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Good evening all! Just checking in to say that I stayed on plan today. One day at a time for me right now! And it is a good thing, too, because I have had a great day and a good evening but a sad event tonight. On the way home from church choir rehearsal, I hit a deer. I am uninjured, the airbag did not deploy. I drove home and got to see the damage to the front of our van when I got there. Please pray for us -- I need the van to be able to be repaired because we really cannot afford a new vehicle right now. Thank God I was driving safely and the damage was not even worse. I know I will be a little sore tomorrow. And I am not going to go into the kitchen to eat away my stress and worry. Thanks for listening!

Oh no ..Glad you are alright and uninjured ... You are in my thoughts ...hugs
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 240
    CW 243.4

so here goes back on it its a struggle but I will do this 2022 is my year to goal!
  • Morethanjustanumber

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/29
    Step count 10,980

@peng123
    No I really don’t get hungry. I usually exercise in the morning for 60-90 minutes and finish up about the time to fix lunch. I was surprised that IF did not seem to affect my ability to exercise. I guess that means I have achieved metabolic flexibility and burn my own fat for energy when needed. I tried IF because I had started trending toward pre diabetes with a fast blood sugar in the low 100’s. Supposedly IF helps heal insulin resistance.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Question
    How do you determine your calorie goal? Do you let mfp decide it? How often do you update your calorie goal? (ie: every 5 pounds lost ) What do you set your activity level to and why?

I let MFP establish my baseline goal using sedentary life style (the most conservative option), exercise 30 minutes 5x per week and to lose 1 lb per week. But I let Fitbit adjust my exercise calories based on actual exercise. Honestly I rarely even come close to the allowed calories since I switched to eating only 2 meals per day and no snacking. Most days I eat between a low of 1100 and a high of 1900 with the majority of days between 1450 and 1650. Per my Fitbit I usually burn around 2450 per day. Supposedly with intermittent fasting you do not need to count calories but I do log because I do better eating if I log. It makes me aware of what and how much I am eating. I think the only reason they tell you not to count calories is that it would be hard to over eat only eating once or twice a day so you are naturally restricting your calories when fasting. More important to me are keeping my carb grams to just 30% or less.

I am switching my activity level back to sedentary. I think my calories are too high for me on lightly active. That will bring me down to 1630 instead of 1860. I am also wondering if my Apple Watch is way off. My total burn for the day is around 2,500 on a non exercise day. Yesterday it was 3230 as I swam. Those numbers just seem way to high.
This discussion has been closed.