Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    frankwbrown
    Fri 4/1: 10,206
    Sat 4/2: 14,324

I've been aiming at a goal of 300,000 steps/month for several months. In fact, in March I actually got in 415,000 steps (and won a free drink at Starbucks)! But I need a rest, so for April, I'm setting my step goal to: 6,000 daily.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    PW ??
    CW 138.2
    Stuck in a holding pattern
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited April 2022
    Congratulations on a fantastic month of progress in March, Shape Shifters! Let’s keep the positive momentum going this month.

My rowing sessions started today and I was exhausted after the first workout session. We didn’t go out on the water but we worked on conditioning. 😅 The coach is a world class competitor but the class description was more generic — saying some people join to improve their sculling technique (accompanied by the coach and up to 8 rowers total) while others prepare for racing. To me, the start time was most attractive. The club sculling and competitive sculling classes start at 5:15 (and maybe even a little earlier with the competitive Type-A group).

Our class starts at a more sociable 6:30am but there is only one other rower signed up besides me, and he asked to start earlier (5:30 or 6:00am). I told him I had a dog to care for before practice, which is why I didn’t join the 5:15am class. I didn’t explain that my other group is called “The Late-Risers” rowing group! 😂🤣😂 We like to call it civilized rowing. 👒 So, we compromised with a plan to meet at 6:00am 3 times per week and start at 6:30am the other two days.

Anyway, he’s a former college rower and gymnast — and told me he’s almost 40 as if it was old. I’ve got at least 15 years on him at 55 so I’m a little bit afraid that I’ll hold up their progress but at least I’m guaranteed to improve my conditioning. I might need to schedule a nap time though —

I hope everyone is doing well. I might decide that a 5:15am start time will entail less suffering than these intense workouts so stay tuned for what happens! If you don’t hear from me, I’ll likely be hiding in the boathouse somewhere or still in bed!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    3/31-11,581
    4/1-11,167
    4/2-5,783
    4/3-13,112
  • angmarie28
    Steppers...take a look at the chart below...please post your steps to fill in for any of the zeros please...I would like to close out March, announce our winners and then we can concentrate on April. Thanks!

62n0dldfmpge.png

not sure why 3/30 isnt on here, but here it is-12,558
  • angmarie28
    edited April 2022
    So I am doing pretty much everything right, and guess what? Im up weight, 3 lbs 5 days. As much as its irritating, I am ok with it because it is normal.

When we try to lose weight and the scale doesnt budge or even worse, it goes up, it can be very discouraging, but we need to remember that it is NORMAL. Just because the numbers are up does not mean you have gained fat. If you are working out, it likely is you gained water weight. Starting a new workout means you are damaging muscle and your body needs to repair it and that causes your body to retain water in that area in order to repair it, and with time, the water will leave your body and you will lose weight. There is also something called the whoosh effect. This is when you lose fat, your fat cells empty the fat but fill with water because they anticipate the fat coming back. So you will loose fat but not weight. Sometimes you can notice this in your stomach because when the cells are filled with water, it will fill squishier then when the cells are filled with fat. Then one morning you wake up and your stomach looks thinner and you step on the scale and your down 5lbs over night, well thats the whoosh, those fat cells finally realize the fat is not coming back and they let go of the water, and they shrink, and that is the whooshing effect.

So if the scale is stuck, or you go up a bit in weight, dont let is discourage you, just keep going and soon the scale will start going the direction you want it to go.

w72br6gh6tii.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Steppers...take a look at the chart below...please post your steps to fill in for any of the zeros please...I would like to close out March, announce our winners and then we can concentrate on April. Thanks!

not sure why 3/30 isnt on here, but here it is-12,558

@angmarie28 I has the figures in the wrong columns from your last report...fixed now...thanks for filling in the blank to help me find my boo boo! Nice article today btw...good information and a great reminder not to get too hung up on the numbers of the scale...trust the science...thanks for posting it!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    Daily habits March 3
    Steps: 12.937
    Calories: bad
    +3L water/tea: 4200ml
    +8 hours sleep: 8h 57m / sleepscore 81
    Exercise: no ~ 0 / 4

Daily habits March 4
    Steps: 12.776
    Calories: good
    +3L water/tea: 3900ml
    +8 hours sleep: 8h 23m / sleepscore 84
    Exercise: gym ~ 1 / 4
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    I had so much anxiety about the scale last week I just could not even get on it I got on it today and I am 195.2 very very thankful for that because the last time I stepped on the scale I was 201 I jumped up a lot for my wonderful week that I had the dentist toothache situation make me stressed and then I stress ate I could not stop my teeth do not hurt anymore and now I am back on track Lord help me one of these days I'm going to get my head out of my butt cave hopefully it's before my 40th birthday less than a year to go
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im449go06lpofs.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    I'm putting down my cat this morning he's been with us for 14 yrs 10mos he had problems walking the past few weeks in addition to his eye infection now he can hardly walk & his pupil is enlarged - signs of stroke I don't know when it happened but full blood panel was done yesterday & everything is normal he was stuck 5x with needle to try to get the blood drawn and not a peep. He is such a good kitty - I don't know what I'll do without him our hearts are💔💔💔 my older son and his wife came to say goodbye last night - my younger son is already in GA
    I love you Felix😥😥😥
    I realize some people say it's just a cat but he is family❤❤❤

@LaurieWrobo I'm so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. It's so hard to let them go, even when we know it's time. You gave Felix a beautiful life. Remember, heaven is filled with everything that makes us happy. I believe that includes our fur babies, so he will be waiting across the Rainbow Bridge for you one day. I said goodbye to my sweet Lacy Sue a year ago and I still look for her in her favorite spots around the house. When the time is right and you can no longer stand the absence of "the purr", open your heart and adopt another baby who needs you and you can honor Felix in that way. **HUGS**
  • jessicakrall8
    I had so much anxiety about the scale last week I just could not even get on it I got on it today and I am 195.2 very very thankful for that because the last time I stepped on the scale I was 201 I jumped up a lot for my wonderful week that I had the dentist toothache situation make me stressed and then I stress ate I could not stop my teeth do not hurt anymore and now I am back on track Lord help me one of these days I'm going to get my head out of my butt cave hopefully it's before my 40th birthday less than a year to go

@Be_theBest_Me Remember that every time you step on that scale, you take your power back. Follow the plan you've set up for yourself, trust the science and dare that scale to talk back! I know...it can be a beast, BUT SO CAN WE!!! I recorded your weigh in...please report in using the standard format, so that I won't miss it. I was watching for your post because I knew you'd had a rough week or so, so thankfully I didn't miss it. YOU GOT THIS!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Daily habits March 3
    Steps: 12.937
    Calories: bad
    +3L water/tea: 4200ml
    +8 hours sleep: 8h 57m / sleepscore 81
    Exercise: no ~ 0 / 4

Daily habits March 4
    Steps: 12.776
    Calories: good
    +3L water/tea: 3900ml
    +8 hours sleep: 8h 23m / sleepscore 84
    Exercise: gym ~ 1 / 4

@Pupowl Are you keeping the same step goal for April? Remember, it doesn't carry over. You have to renew your step challenge each month. So, where are you looking forward to walking this month??

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    @jessicakrall Thank you for your kind words
    I have 2 other female cats 1 will be 4yo 1 is 2yo my 2 yo is possessive and I can't bring in another one

All of my cats that I have had have been rescues❤❤❤ pics below of Ayra & Nymeria named from Game of Thrones
  • LaurieWrobo
    edited April 2022
    kqvzbps8uohe.jpg
    Ayra
  • LaurieWrobo
    Nymeriaz5f2gbamk6ql.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    Nymeria
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    I posted that I wanted to join the step challenge again on April 2nd when I also mentioned my weigh in. Sticking to 12k, thanks.
    @LaurieWrobo
    So sorry to hear about losing your buddy. It's a horrible thing to have to do. Awesome you rescued all your cats though. You are giving them a wonderful life.
This discussion has been closed.