Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    @ac204 and @izzyred9400 -- I know you're both out of town but if you see this message on your phone app and can send me your steps for Apr 2nd, that's the only day I have you down for zeros. If not, we'll just leave it as is...thanks! (Enjoy your vacation!!)

Jessica
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Wednesday
    PW 171.0
    CW 169.5
    Steps
    April 1 Fri 4,073
    April 2 Sat 22,137
    April 3 Sun 11,804
    April 4 Mon 5,864
    April 5 Tues 6,219
  • jessicakrall8
    Fattleass wrote: »
    Wednesday
    PW 171.0
    CW 169.5
    Steps
    April 1 Fri 4,073
    April 2 Sat 22,137
    April 3 Sun 11,804
    April 4 Mon 5,864
    April 5 Tues 6,219

@fattleass Nice loss! I've recorded your steps, but be aware that Apr stats started on Sunday, the 3rd. Great start to the first month in maintenance/goal zone! WTG!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    6y8xhryneyri.png
    Missing weigh-ins for (incl today):
    @seeless25
    @AveLyra
    @Stefbomb2020
    @KittyInBoots17

Thanks,
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    0bl9umjhpfaf.png
  • jessicakrall8
    cu53l08rrxay.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    9rxgrz39xu9i.png

My silly cat (Hazel Joy) rarely meows, but when she does, she REALLY has something to say. She regularly stands up beside my bed a few times each night and wakes me up, just to be loved on. Because I'm on vacation this week, I looked forward at least a few days, to sleeping a little later (8 or 9ish) and this morning was one of those days. What does Hazel do, but climb up on the bed right next to me and when that didn't get me up, she decides to meow, as if she were carrying on a dissertation 7-8 times in succession. Finally, I'm like, "OK Hazel, I'll get up--GEEZO!!!" SMH...If she weren't so cute, I'd bop her on the head! Forgot to add that within ten minutes of me getting up and starting to walk, SHE is on the bed, spread out and napping...she didn't want me up, she wanted the bed! UGH!

SOooo, I got up early again today and walked twice, for a total of a little over 2.5 miles.

Jess

She looks like my Felix.....still hurting 💔💔💔💔
  • jessicakrall8
    @LaurieWrobo I'm SO sorry you're in pain. I am glad you have other fur babies to love on though...After I lost Lacy, I went a month and had to find another baby...Hazel had been at the shelter longer than any of the others...nearly 5 years...I took one look at her and said, she needs to be loved in a home...I was originally looking for a kitten, but something about her eyes just said, please take me home and I was just gone over her.

I hope your pain lessens day by day and your memories of Felix make you smile. You gave him an incredible life. **HUGS**
    Jess
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    edited April 2022
    Daily Habits March 6
    Steps: 12.688
    Calories: Went over by around 600 cals. I went to store and it was all fine, except that I got vegan garlicbutter to try out. So I basically had too many crackers. It was tasty though.
    +3L water/tea: 4350 ml
    +8 hours sleep: 8h 43m ~ sleepscore 84
    Exercise: no ~ 2 /4
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    I’m adding my condolences to the others @LaurieWrobo. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your dear cat. Pets can be such a comfort during tough times, so I’m sure the loss feels particularly hard during your husband’s cancer treatment. I’ve been thinking of you and your family, and I hope the surgery went well yesterday. As @jessicakrall8 noted, while you could never replace Felix, I’m glad you have your other cats to bring you and your husband comfort through his recovery from the surgery.

@Pupowl — That vegan garlic butter sounds good. Sometimes it’s worth a day of maintenance to savor something special. We can’t sacrifice every day. I hope you can find a way to incorporate just the right balance into your planning so you feel satisfied while remaining within your target calories for the day. You’ll find the path forward, either as an occasional splurge or something you can build into your regular meal plans.

I hope everyone else is doing well — or reflecting on what’s not going well so we can all learn, forgive ourselves, and continue to improve! Best wishes in making progress toward your goals, ShapeShifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Here’s my maintenance weigh in for this week:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 127.8
    CW: 127.4

SW: 168
    LTD: 40.6

Maintenance target range: 120-130

My goal is to stay in the ‘green zone’ during the spring and summer, gradually moving into the lower maintenance range. I think I’ll find a seasonal rhythm because I’m less active in the winter. This year, I’m focused on body recomposition, balance, and flexibility. The muscle-building and balance seems to be improving but my flexibility needs work. I’ve started to incorporate more yoga and I’m glad that habit is finally showing some signs of developing! I’m not there yet, but I’m making incremental progress. I’ll celebrate any habit going in a positive direction! 🎉🎉🎉

I still have a lot to learn about lifelong maintenance and appreciate the support of this group!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Hi actually my husband's surgery is next Wednesday - thank goodness so he could go with me to put our dear Felix to sleep - Felix was crying all the way to the vet as both of us were too

Can I just say this year has really sucked so far😥☹

Since it's next Wednesday- I'm sure I'll be spending Easter alone so whateves - I think I prefer it that way as I'm so exhausted from worrying about Felix and my husband's upcoming surgery
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    @jessicakrall8 here are my latest steps,sorry for missing the Sat for end of month.
    4/2 18,856
    4/3 13,717
    4/4 6,482
    4/5 8,559
    4/6 12,695
    Thanks,I am enjoying my vacation.My husband & I walked all the way along the coast all paved & with lovely views of the sea.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    edited April 2022
    Daily Step Goal: 6000
    4/5 - 6030
    4/6 - 7154
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/5: 10,323
    4/6: 7,151
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    April 6 9922
    April 7 10203
    Shelley
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    Daily Step goal: 6,000
    Sun 4/3: 11,011
    Mon 4/4: 11,156
    Tue 4/5: 5,452
    Wed 4/6: 14,937
    Thu 4/7: 15,894
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April 8
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 224.0 (0.8 lbs; 0.34%)
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 214 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 194.2
    LTD: 12.8

I'm out of town today, but I weighed myself yesterday morning before I left. It was my birthday on Tuesday and we celebrated at dinner on Sunday so I was indulging a lot this week Wednesday was hectic and I drank at least a liter less of water than I normally do (~4 liters / day), which probably accounts for being closer to last week's weight than I expected.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 131.2
    CW 131.2
This discussion has been closed.