Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 195.0

I feel like I may be starting to get my eating under control. Still dealing with plantar fasciitis, so I haven’t done my usual walks in about three weeks. It seems to be incrementally improving, kinda two steps forward, one step back.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited April 2022
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 195.0

I feel like I may be starting to get my eating under control. Still dealing with plantar fasciitis, so I haven’t done my usual walks in about three weeks. It seems to be incrementally improving, kinda two steps forward, one step back.

@cre804 What steps have to taken that are working for you? I find I need not only good arch supports, but also heel pads (Dr Scholl's) as well and the combination of both of those allow me to walk daily...I also stretch out my arch before getting up in the mornings too...the only time I really feel any pain any more is overnight when I get up for any reason and once I slip on my flip flops with arches (Vionic) I'm good. Even that is getting less and less now.

I'm glad you've found something that works for you...that pain is horrible I know...some people have sworn on using Birkenstocks as well...they have amazing arches built in, but it takes a little getting used to them...I went that route before I discovered Vionics.

Great loss this week! WTG!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited April 2022
    pgb57iscl46r.jpg
    dzy035g8v3hj.jpg

Our newest cat "Zia", she was in the pound and literally reached out to me as I was looking at the feline inmates. It was love at first sight. Much like me since covid, she has put on weight since her parole.

Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 219.5
    CW:220.5
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    mulecanter wrote: »
    pgb57iscl46r.jpg
    dzy035g8v3hj.jpg

Our newest cat "Zia", she was in the pound and literally reached out to me as I was looking at the feline inmates. It was love at first sight. Much like me since covid, she has put on weight since her parole.

Mulecanter
    Friday

@mulecanter She is a beauty...AND she puts up with you...what a fur baby! :smiley: Thank you for sharing her pictures!!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    mulecanter wrote: »
    pgb57iscl46r.jpg
    dzy035g8v3hj.jpg

Mulecanter
    Friday

Love that face-what a sweetie ❤❤❤ give her lots of hugs❤❤❤
    I love hearing stories like yours😘
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Marni3369

PW: 224.2
    CW: 225
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 139.6
    CW: 139.9
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I like to try out new vegan things sometimes. Garlic butter was something I always enjoyed a lot so finding a nice alternative was cool. I am really bad at not overeating things though. Usually when I buy something, my brain will be constantly telling me to eat it until it is gone. So I have issues saving things for later as well. I try to only buy things that come under 400 calories so it doesn't ruin my whole day. :smile:
    This isn't something I will buy often since it also triggers my heartburn, but it's nice to know it's there.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Daily Habits March 7
    Steps: 13.267
    Calories: okay
    +3l water/tea: 3900 ml
    +8h sleep: 8h 18m / sleepscore 84
    Exercise: gym ~ 3/4

Daily Habits March 8
    Steps: 15.135
    Calories: bad
    +3l water/tea: 3650 ml
    +8h sleep: 8h 15m / sleepscore 83
    Exercise: gym ~ 4/4
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    So very sorry, forgot to update thread because I forgot that it changes every month! Brain fog monster ate my brain I guess.

April 9, 2022
    Justanotherloser007
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 160.8

I am still alive! Woo hoo!! Thanks be to God!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday
    PW: 217.3
    CW: 216.9 (-0.4)
  • jessicakrall8
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 210.1
    Things aren't going well here at all. I am metally just not doing good. Depression has been bothering me a lot and that makes it really hard to care about anything basically. Everything feels like "why bother, it doesn't matter" and I am a bit clueless on how to fix this. I started playing World of Warcraft again to try to disctract myself. Eating food at set times does seem to help; now I just need to stop myself myself from going to the grocery store. I sometimes feel like giving up, but a big part of me also doesn't want to so I will just keep trying to fight.

@pupowl We all go through bouts of that...for me, it seems to hit when I'm close to breaking through another level...scale related or not...like about to drop a size, about to step up to another activity level, etc. Seems you're really close to Onederland, so perhaps that's it...I like that you found something to distract yourself...nine times out of ten, it really is a mental battle, isn't it?! Please hang in there...perhaps do something to switch up your patterns...in any area...shock your body into a drop...once your weight gets moving again, even just a smidge, I think some of those rain clouds will leave the top of your head. We're here for you...and for what it's worth, I think you're amazing...

BIG HUGS my friend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    tu7uaawnb15y.png

Step Challenge Results for March

Wk 1 - @Pupowl with 107,365 steps!
    Wk 2 - @frankwbrown with 104,170 steps!
    Wk 3 - @Izzyred9400 with 100,730 steps!
    Wk 4 - @Pupowl with 90,760 steps!
    Wk 5 - @frankwbrown with 92,802 steps!

Top 3 Overall Winners

1. @Pupowl with 465,937 steps!!!
    2. @frankwbrown with 462,200 steps!!
    3. @Izzyred9400 with 437,588 steps!

Overall, as a team we walked nearly 3.5 million steps!!!

Wow, great job to all who participated for the month!! You guys are amazing!!

Now, who will win for April?!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    edited April 2022
    tu7uaawnb15y.png

Overall, as a team we walked nearly 3.5 million steps!!!

Wow, great job to all who participated for the month!! You guys are amazing!!

Now, who will win for April?!!

Certainly not me! I'm backing off a bit in April... unless Starbucks wants to give me another free drink for reaching 400,000 steps! 😂
    09jbj23ifbsh.png
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 265 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Sat Weigh-in :
    PW: 135
    CW: 136

Steps update (6,800 goal):
    4/5 - 2,481
    4/6 - 4,857
    4/7 - 6,872
    4/8 - 3,723
  • jessicakrall8
    The April Week 2 Group Challenge is now open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 10th. Hope you'll join us every day next week to get active and share as a group. Can't wait to see you in the chatroom! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10861576/april-week-2-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-workout#latest
  • jessicakrall8
    2hjkqoxc1vkr.png

In recent weeks, some have shared how they're facing various issues, struggling with their current stage of their journey, feeling discontent, experiencing depression or just dealing with hard things in their life right now. We all go through ups and downs and that's one thing that makes our teams so special...we take time to listen, share, feel what others are feeling, empathize, sympathize and try to help when we can. Two thoughts I had...
    • If you're facing a struggle, big or small, open up and talk to someone...share in your group chat room...let us know how we can help...opening up and releasing the sadness, even if you don't expect your issue to get resolved, allows you to let go of a little of the hurt, the stress of carrying it inside...and you never know how you might be going through the SAME thing someone else is facing. Your posting might be the catalyst they need to open up and ask for help too...as your Captain, PLEASE let me know what I can do to help...even if it's just a phone call to listen. I'll make myself available if I can. If nothing else, I can pray...or listen...or just let you vent. We've all been there...even if the circumstances are different...sadness hits all of us. Just reach out...
    • Lastly, if you haven't participated in the group challenge, you're really missing out on a great group of people, some from each of our five fat2fit teams, who comes together just for a week at a time, to participate and share...it's another opportunity to experience a great group of caring people, all going through the weight loss journey and seeking to be more active. I posted the link today in our chatroom as I do every Saturday...would love to see you join us starting tomorrow. Let me know if you have questions.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    ijuczvvzcnj4.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):

@seeless25
    @AveLyra
    @Stefbomb2020
    @KittyInBoots17
    @Beka3695 (2 wks)
    @mojo48212 (2 wks)

Stats begin early Sunday morning, so please report in today! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    edited April 2022
    xxnncpodbv7p.png
    18l17xkjargl.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    rlcakd0o8yqi.png

By Pounds
    dncmc0guhc86.png